Introductions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _dmp_, Oct 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _dmp_

_dmp_ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Just an introduction -

I'm Darin...30 years old, living in WA State...

My background:

I grew up in a fairly strict Protestant household...later served on Active Duty Army for 6 years with a couple years in the National Guard. Married, one child. That didn't work out so I married a grown woman. :p Seriously, I've been happily married for about 5 years - my wife and I just celebrated our 7th anniversary last August. My favourite beer is Yuengling Lager, which I only get about once a year if I'm lucky.

I still haven't found the 'tone' of this forum yet; so I'll not likely do any heavy-discussion...but I am not one to shy away from standing up for what I believe. Millitant? I dunno...I'm probably too much of a wuss to carry THAT title. :)

In addition to Open Track days in my 93 Miata, I ride a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6 on occasion. I enjoy photograhpy, I'm a sagitarious, great cook, decent dancer - love long walks on the beach and being caught in the rain.

:p

:)

See ya!

2. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    But do you like Pina Coladas?

Just kidding... welcome! :D

3. _dmp_

_dmp_ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have a hard enough time convincing people a straight guy can enjoy a Miata - If I admitted my affection for that fruity drink, I'd never get a date.

with a girl.

:p

:)

Heya, Jeff! get back to work! :p

4. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! they always say all the good ones are taken! hehe! welcome aboard Darin! The tone of the board! hehe! it can be a fun board, or you have some that make it not so fun! just about everyone here is cool! hope you stick around! BTW - you said you served, so that deserves a BIG THANKS! glad to have people like you here!

5. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Already welcomed you in the picture section, but Welcome again!

I think introductions are a good idea. You and Jeff are buddies?

BTW - Yuengling is from Pennsylvania. The Steelers are from Pennsylvania. Ok in my book :D

6. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    He is my refferal #2! And yes, we work in the same division.

It is time to go home, though... see ya tomorrow!

7. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Hi, I'm Jim, and I'm an alcoh....

Ooops, wrong venue :D

35yrs old living in New York.

I grew up with 3 retarded brothers and a sister. Now that none of us have lived together in at least 10-15 years, they are still retarded :p

Seriously, I have a great family. I'm married for the past 9 years and have a 3 year old son. My Mom, sister and one brother live in New Jersey. I have another brother in South Carolina and one in Georgia. My Dad and stepmother live in Florida.

I enjoy all aspects of computer work as it's the only thing I'm any good at. :(

My hobbies include: Digital photography, sports, music, spending time with my son & ingesting anything that will give me a buzz!

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima and a 2000 Mustang (anyone want a good deal on it?). I also have 2 legs, Thank God, as thats all I'll be able to afford soon.

8. _dmp_

_dmp_ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    here's me IN the tasting room at the yuengling Brewery, in Pottsville, PA :)

[​IMG]

9. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Darin, nice pic in PA, I see that it is in PA, I was wondering being you said you served or still in the Army, you don't know or knew Sgt. Eric Butler did you? or Sgt. Alvino Seward? Eric is in Kansas City, MO now and Alvino in Germany, but just a thought if you knew them??? I know that's a long shot, and there are thousand and thousands, but they were friends of mine and I also met a Major Polk as well! They all flew in from Bosnia into Philly for a 2 week leave about 6 years ago, I met them all there! Ok, nice meeting you anyway....

10. _dmp_

_dmp_ Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I was in PA visiting friends....I'm no longer active duty - I'm a Dept. of Army Civilian Employee...
    Eric Bryant Butler and Alvino Ray Seward? I found some info on them...but can't find where our paths may have crossed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.