Introductions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_dmp_

Oct 16, 2003
Just an introduction -

I'm Darin...30 years old, living in WA State...

My background:

I grew up in a fairly strict Protestant household...later served on Active Duty Army for 6 years with a couple years in the National Guard. Married, one child. That didn't work out so I married a grown woman. :p Seriously, I've been happily married for about 5 years - my wife and I just celebrated our 7th anniversary last August. My favourite beer is Yuengling Lager, which I only get about once a year if I'm lucky.

I still haven't found the 'tone' of this forum yet; so I'll not likely do any heavy-discussion...but I am not one to shy away from standing up for what I believe. Millitant? I dunno...I'm probably too much of a wuss to carry THAT title. :)

In addition to Open Track days in my 93 Miata, I ride a Kawasaki Ninja ZX6 on occasion. I enjoy photograhpy, I'm a sagitarious, great cook, decent dancer - love long walks on the beach and being caught in the rain.

:p

:)

See ya!

Originally posted by gop_jeff
But do you like Pina Coladas?

Just kidding... welcome! :D

I have a hard enough time convincing people a straight guy can enjoy a Miata - If I admitted my affection for that fruity drink, I'd never get a date.

with a girl.

:p

Heya, Jeff! get back to work! :p

Wow! they always say all the good ones are taken! hehe! welcome aboard Darin! The tone of the board! hehe! it can be a fun board, or you have some that make it not so fun! just about everyone here is cool! hope you stick around! BTW - you said you served, so that deserves a BIG THANKS! glad to have people like you here!

Already welcomed you in the picture section, but Welcome again!

I think introductions are a good idea. You and Jeff are buddies?

BTW - Yuengling is from Pennsylvania. The Steelers are from Pennsylvania. Ok in my book :D

Hi, I'm Jim, and I'm an alcoh....

Ooops, wrong venue :D

35yrs old living in New York.

I grew up with 3 retarded brothers and a sister. Now that none of us have lived together in at least 10-15 years, they are still retarded :p

Seriously, I have a great family. I'm married for the past 9 years and have a 3 year old son. My Mom, sister and one brother live in New Jersey. I have another brother in South Carolina and one in Georgia. My Dad and stepmother live in Florida.

I enjoy all aspects of computer work as it's the only thing I'm any good at. :(

My hobbies include: Digital photography, sports, music, spending time with my son & ingesting anything that will give me a buzz!

I have a 2002 Nissan Maxima and a 2000 Mustang (anyone want a good deal on it?). I also have 2 legs, Thank God, as thats all I'll be able to afford soon.

Originally posted by jimnyc
Already welcomed you in the picture section, but Welcome again!

I think introductions are a good idea. You and Jeff are buddies?

BTW - Yuengling is from Pennsylvania. The Steelers are from Pennsylvania. Ok in my book :D

here's me IN the tasting room at the yuengling Brewery, in Pottsville, PA :)

darin.JPG

Darin, nice pic in PA, I see that it is in PA, I was wondering being you said you served or still in the Army, you don't know or knew Sgt. Eric Butler did you? or Sgt. Alvino Seward? Eric is in Kansas City, MO now and Alvino in Germany, but just a thought if you knew them??? I know that's a long shot, and there are thousand and thousands, but they were friends of mine and I also met a Major Polk as well! They all flew in from Bosnia into Philly for a 2 week leave about 6 years ago, I met them all there! Ok, nice meeting you anyway....

Originally posted by janeeng
Darin, nice pic in PA, I see that it is in PA, I was wondering being you said you served or still in the Army, you don't know or knew Sgt. Eric Butler did you? or Sgt. Alvino Seward? Eric is in Kansas City, MO now and Alvino in Germany, but just a thought if you knew them??? I know that's a long shot, and there are thousand and thousands, but they were friends of mine and I also met a Major Polk as well! They all flew in from Bosnia into Philly for a 2 week leave about 6 years ago, I met them all there! Ok, nice meeting you anyway....

I was in PA visiting friends....I'm no longer active duty - I'm a Dept. of Army Civilian Employee...
Eric Bryant Butler and Alvino Ray Seward? I found some info on them...but can't find where our paths may have crossed.

What kind of information? just curious, I wrote Eric a while back, he is training now, and Alvino is retired and in Germany!

Originally posted by janeeng
What kind of information? just curious, I wrote Eric a while back, he is training now, and Alvino is retired and in Germany!

Just ran their names thru a Military Buddy Finder... www.military.com

Germany is...awesome!

Hello everyone. This looked like the place for intro's before posting to the other sections. Looking forward to some lively discussions without all the yahoo hysterics that appear to be the norm around here. For reference I'm 32, male, and currently living in Atlanta, GA working in software quality assurance. See y'all around :)

Well, almost everyone here knows me, but what the hey...

I'm the retarded brother from South Carolina that Jim referred to.

I'm currently in my junior year at the University of South Carolina - Aiken. I'm studying English with an emphasis on writing. I'm hoping to be able to be a professional writer when I get out of school. In case you haven't figured out, I live in Aiken, SC, but when I graduate (if I'm still going there), I'm moving either back to NJ (I was born and raised there) or maybe to a bigger city in SC, maybe Columbia or Charleston.

I'm only 20, so I don't have a wife or anything like that.

My hobbies are: playing guitar, reading, writing (duh!), and watching movies.

Um... what else? I'm not a huge liberal like I'm made out to be on the board, my views are conservative on some subjects, liberal on others.

I guess that's it.

Originally posted by Dan
Well, almost everyone here knows me, but what the hey...

I'm hoping to be able to be a professional writer when I get out of school. .

[Matt Foley voice= on]

Young man, what do you wanna do with yourself?

'I want to be a writer'

Well LA-DE-FREAKIN DA!!! Looks like you've not been using your paper for writing, but for ROLLIN' DOOBIES!!

You'll be able to do a lot of doobie-rolling, when you are LIVING IN A VAN, DOWN BY THE RIVER!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back