If you invest 200$ each month into the S&P 500 you can make hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars over time

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
I was having some fun with this compound savings circulator. I’m in my mid 30s and I only wish I would’ve done this when I was 18. Take a look at these facts.

From January 1, 1970 to December 31st 2016, the average annual compounded rate of return for the S&P 500®, including reinvestment of dividends, was approximately 10.3% (source: www.standardandpoors.com).

Betting on the S&P 500 is betting on America. It’s the 500 best companies in the United States. I have to thank Tucker Carlson and Jordan Belfort for a segment They did talking about this.

They gave me an idea. Of course there’s no guarantees here there could be a cataclysmic event ie a world war three scenario that disrupts this opportunity ….but if that happens, I suppose we’re all screwed. If normalcy occurs, there is an expected return on investment in the top 500 companies in America. Frankly if America fails the western world and the rest of the world would fail anyway.

Anyway take a look at some of these numbersAnd take a look at further for even more long-term strategies. You don’t even have to put up 10 grand initially …. You can put up nothing initially but if you can invest $200 every month into the S&P 500 for 30 years you’re looking at a huge retirement fund down the road. Or something for your children or some kind of a community center perhaps after you pass on.

IMG_1374.png

IMG_1375.png

IMG_1377.png

IMG_1376.png

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpeg
    IMG_1373.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1372.jpeg
    IMG_1372.jpeg
    284.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1371.jpeg
    IMG_1371.jpeg
    368.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1375.png
    IMG_1375.png
    51.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I was having some fun with this compound savings circulator. I’m in my mid 30s and I only wish I would’ve done this when I was 18. Take a look at these facts.

From January 1, 1970 to December 31st 2016, the average annual compounded rate of return for the S&P 500®, including reinvestment of dividends, was approximately 10.3% (source: www.standardandpoors.com).

Betting on the S&P 500 is betting on America. It’s the 500 best companies in the United States. I have to thank Tucker, Carlson and Jordan Bellflower and a segment. They did talking about this. They gave me an idea. Of course there’s no guarantees here there could be a cataclysm make event award war three scenario that disrupts this opportunity but if that happens, I suppose we’re all screwed. If normal see occurs, there is an expected return on investment in the top 500 companies in America. Frankly, if America fails the western world, and the rest of the world would fail anyway.

Anyway, take a look at some of these numbers

View attachment 881050

View attachment 881051

View attachment 881051

View attachment 881052

And take a look at here for even more long-term strategies. You don’t even have to put up 10 grand initially …. You can put up nothing initially but if you can invest $200 every month into the S&P 500 for 30 years you’re looking at a huge retirement fund down the road. Or something for your children or some kind of a community center perhaps after you pass on.

View attachment 881056

View attachment 881058
Back when i got out of the Air Force, i went to work for Home Depot for 3 years. During that time i contributed 10% of my annual income of $15,000 into HD stock, which at the time was $35 dollars before it split 6 times. After i went over to Saudi Arabia as a Contractor for McDonnell Douglas working on Saudi Arabia's F-15s i continued to buy HD stock. 5 1/2 years later i came back to the states, started investing in other stocks which today, i have a pretty wide portfolio. I have taught other people, how to invest, what to look for, and some of the warning signs, so then people can then be ready for any problems like we did with Andrew Cuomo's housing bust of 2007. There were some people who didnt want to learn, so i can imagine them today, living paycheck to paycheck, or even worse in Joe Bidens America.
At the time HD dividend was 16 cents a year. Today that dividend is paying over $8 a share per year. Doesnt seem like much but when you have over 40,000 shares, it adds up.

I got in to HD in 1988, hit the Max to see the low to the high.

Last edited:
Got $200 until pay day?
Honestly with today’s economy, the Joe Biden inflation, it can be difficult for some Americans to come up with even a few hundred bucks a month to send to a retirement fund or something like the original post describes. But mess around with the Calculator any kind of savings even I suppose 50 bucks a month will help in the long run.

Got $200 until pay day?
Even investing the the couple of bucks left in their pockets after buying their raiman noodles, can make them wealthy!

Providing them forego the crak for the rest of the day.

Back when i got out of the Air Force, i went to work for Home Depot for 3 years. During that time i contributed 10% of my annual income of $15,000 into HD stock, which at the time was $35 dollars before it split 6 times. After i went over to Saudi Arabia as a Contractor for McDonnell Douglas working on Saudi Arabia's F-15s i continued to buy HD stock. 5 1/2 years later i came back to the states, started investing in other stocks which today, i have a pretty wide portfolio. I have taught other people, how to invest, what to look for, and some of the warning signs, so then people can then be ready for any problems like we did with Andrew Cuomo's housing bust of 2007. There were some people who didnt want to learn, so i can imagine them today, living paycheck to paycheck, or even worse in Joe Bidens America.
At the time HD dividend was 16 cents a year. Today that dividend is paying over $8 a share per year. Doesnt seem like much but when you have over 40,000 shares, it adds up.

I got in to HD in 1988, hit the Max to see the low to the high.
Yes, that is a tremendous investment. Home Depot going from 35 a share to I believe over $350 a share. A hell of a return on profit.

I’ve only gotten into Stocks about two years ago, and seriously only for about the past month.

Sounds like you definitely know what you’re doing. Let me ask you a question. With my idea of putting up money for the S&P 500 and then $200 a month into that S&P 500. If I decide to perhaps after 20 or 30 years cash out and put it in my retirement account that money on the retirement account is 100% non-taxable, correct? One of my investor friends telling me this, but I want to get your take on it.

Because let’s say you make $100,000 after 10 years investing into the S&P 500 and you want to cash it out and then I imagine there must be some kind of a 20 or 30% tax on it.?

The problem is that compounding interest like that, means that contributions are effectively front loaded. The biggest contributions as a percentage of income.

If you recalculated based on a constant percentage of income contribution, the end would be a lot lower.

Of course in an example from the cartoon futurama, from a bank balance under a dollar

Starting with 93 cents, compound interest of 2.25% over 1000 years

$4.3 billion dollars may seem a ludicrous amount for Fry's bank account, but it is correct.

Honestly with today’s economy, the Joe Biden inflation, it can be difficult for some Americans to come up with even a few hundred bucks a month to send to a retirement fund or something like the original post describes. But mess around with the Calculator any kind of savings even I suppose 50 bucks a month will help in the long run.

Only if inflation stays below the interest acquired on your investments. Otherwise it will lose over time, which is what the Marixsts/Demofascists want for all US citizens. Then everyone will be equal, equally poor and equally misreable.

Yes, that is a tremendous investment. Home Depot going from 35 a share to I believe over $350 a share. A hell of a return on profit.

I’ve only gotten into Stocks about two years ago, and seriously only for about the past month.

Sounds like you definitely know what you’re doing. Let me ask you a question. With my idea of putting up money for the S&P 500 and then $200 a month into that S&P 500. If I decide to perhaps after 20 or 30 years cash out and put it in my retirement account that money on the retirement account is 100% non-taxable, correct? One of my investor friends telling me this, but I want to get your take on it.

Because let’s say you make $100,000 after 10 years investing into the S&P 500 and you want to cash it out and then I imagine there must be some kind of a 20 or 30% tax on it.?
Why not just start with $200 a month into a Roth IRA with the funds allocated to purchase S&P 500? Once there, it cannot be taxed (*unless the Marxists/Demofascists, change the rules on those) and when you are ready to retire, all moneys gained in the Roth are non taxable (*see).

My high risk stocks for very large growth are in my Roth IRA, so where i have put 10s of thousands of dollars over the years, if i come out with millions of dollars in rewards, it will all be tax free....

That $35 dollars also has been split 6 times so those same shares are at cost only $4 but ended up with more shares due to the splits....

Why not just start with $200 a month into a Roth IRA with the funds allocated to purchase S&P 500? Once there, it cannot be taxed (*unless the Marxists/Demofascists, change the rules on those) and when you are ready to retire, all moneys gained in the Roth are non taxable (*see).

My high risk stocks for very large growth are in my Roth IRA, so where i have put 10s of thousands of dollars over the years, if i come out with millions of dollars in rewards, it will all be tax free....
I appreciate that. But with the Roth IRA isn’t there a minimum age requirement to access those funds. Perhaps it is 60 or 65 years old?

My idea with the S&P 500 would be that if I really wanted to I could take out money from it when I want to of course pay tax on it if I take it out early. But I really need it 10 years down the road I can just take it out.

I’ve invested into individual stocks as well for perhaps a short term gain. But after watching the Tucker Carlson video, I think I’m going to pull money out of Exxon mobile and use those funds to start My S&P 500 idea along with putting $200 a month into that index fund and just watch it grow over the years.

I also have a gamble investment into a company called sea limited, which is a Singapore Amazon type company that is about $40 a share now but it’s previous Highpoint was 400 some people are saying it could go back to it. Of course it could lose and get crushed.

That $35 dollars also has been split 6 times so those same shares are at cost only $4 but ended up with more shares due to the splits....
That is good to know. I’ve been learning more about dividends, and which stocks paid good dividends. It seems like obviously the higher the dividend the more risky the company is. I’m learning more about stock splits as well.

It appears that companies like Home Depot and Exxon mobile which pay yearly dividends are strong companies to invest in. Safe for the long-term.

I’m invested into Amazon because it’s such a massive company. Of course that stock is split last year. I believe it was selling for over $1000 a share and they split and it’s now about 150 a share.

I appreciate that. But with the Roth IRA isn’t there a minimum age requirement to access those funds. Perhaps it is 60 or 65 years old?

My idea with the S&P 500 would be that if I really wanted to I could take out money from it when I want to of course pay tax on it if I take it out early. But I really need it 10 years down the road I can just take it out.

I’ve invested into individual stocks as well or perhaps I’m looking for a shorter term gain. But after watching the Tucker Carlson video, I think I’m going to pull money out of Exxon mobile and use those funds to start My S&P 500 idea along with putting $200 a month into that index fund and just watch it grow over the years.

I also have a gamble investment into a company called sea limited, which is a Singapore Amazon type company that is about $40 a share now but it’s previous Highpoint was 400 some people are saying it could go back to it. Of course it could lose and get crushed.
Yes, there is, but if you are planning to invest in the S&P 500, then after 20 years take it out and roll it over into another retirement account, after paying 20% capital gains taxes, you could possibly lose $200,000 of that investment, where in a Roth there is no penalty to lose money if you wait till.....

59½
  • According to 2 sources
Generally speaking, you can withdraw your earnings only after you turn 59½ and if it has been at least five years since you made your first Roth IRA contribution.

Roth IRA Withdrawal Rules f…

usatoday.com

Yes, there is, but if you are planning to invest in the S&P 500, then after 20 years take it out and roll it over into another retirement account, after paying 20% capital gains taxes, you could possibly lose $200,000 of that investment, where in a Roth there is no penalty to lose money if you wait till.....

59½
  • According to 2 sources
Generally speaking, you can withdraw your earnings only after you turn 59½ and if it has been at least five years since you made your first Roth IRA contribution.

Roth IRA Withdrawal Rules f…

usatoday.com
Ah that is a good point. So even if you take your earnings from the S&P 500 index fund and put it into a retirement account, you still have to pay a capital gains tax. That is good to know. I did not know that. It’s very interesting.

I find it interesting that there’s an age minimum for these Roth IRA accounts. I don’t think that’s right. If somebody wants to start investing into a retirement account when they’re 15 years old doing a paper route and then take it out when they’re 35 maybe they should be able to do so? Although perhaps there’s arguments against this.

But I have a friend who has a Roth IRA account he invest into yearly. So I’m certainly gonna keep that in mind. I like the idea of an IRA because it’s tax-free. And it’s good to have something when you get older.

That is good to know. I’ve been learning more about dividends, and which stocks paid good dividends. It seems like obviously the higher the dividend the more risky the company is. I’m learning more about stock splits as well.

It appears that companies like Home Depot and Exxon mobile which pay yearly dividends are strong companies to invest in. Safe for the long-term.

I’m invested into Amazon because it’s such a massive company. Of course that stock is split last year. I believe it was selling for over $1000 a share and they split and it’s now about 150 a share.
Not too many people understand the dividend tax breaks either. Here is what it is like, what the rich people use to NOT pay their fair share. If you make under $47,000 dollars but make dividends off of stocks, you pay no taxes on that income. Study the chart, i am Married filing Jointly but making just under $550,000 a year. My income tax on the dividends is only %15.

Now, for reference, let’s compare the qualified dividend tax rates for 2024, which you will file in 2025:

2024 Qualified Dividend Tax Rates​

RateSingleMarried Filing JointlyMarried Filing SeparatelyHead of Household
0%$0 – $47,025$0 – $94,055$0 – $47,025$0 – $63,000
15%$47,025 – $518,900$94,055 – $583,750$47,025 – $291,850$63,000 – $551,350
20%$518,900+$583,750+$291,850+$$551,350+
As noted for 2023, the same principles apply to dividends earned in the 2024 tax year. Dividends that

Ah that is a good point. So even if you take your earnings from the S&P 500 index fund and put it into a retirement account, you still have to pay a capital gains tax. That is good to know. I did not know that. It’s very interesting.

I find it interesting that there’s an age minimum for these Roth IRA accounts. I don’t think that’s right. If somebody wants to start investing into a retirement account when they’re 15 years old doing a paper route and then take it out when they’re 35 maybe they should be able to do so? Although perhaps there’s arguments against this.

But I have a friend who has a Roth IRA account he invest into yearly. So I’m certainly gonna keep that in mind. I like the idea of an IRA because it’s tax-free. And it’s good to have something when you get older.
Only when you transfer from a non IRA account to a retirement account do you have to pay taxes on the capital gains of the profit. Of course if you take a loss of that investment, then you can offset those loses to the next years taxes and have the basis lowered where you dont pay as much that next year. That happened to me once, took about $400,000 of loses and lowered my taxes for the next two years.

For children they should have a custodial account opened as soon as the child gets a SS number. Then in that custodial account all moneys are then assumed by the child at 18 if they then adult uses the funds for college, they are tax free, but if the child doesnt go to college, has money to use for downpayment on a house, or car or startup business. A lot of children did not do this and now have big time college tuition debt, that they are now trying to have the US taxpayer pick up the tab for.

Not too many people understand the dividend tax breaks either. Here is what it is like, what the rich people use to NOT pay their fair share. If you make under $47,000 dollars but make dividends off of stocks, you pay no taxes on that income. Study the chart, i am Married filing Jointly but making just under $550,000 a year. My income tax on the dividends is only %15.

Now, for reference, let’s compare the qualified dividend tax rates for 2024, which you will file in 2025:

2024 Qualified Dividend Tax Rates​

RateSingleMarried Filing JointlyMarried Filing SeparatelyHead of Household
0%$0 – $47,025$0 – $94,055$0 – $47,025$0 – $63,000
15%$47,025 – $518,900$94,055 – $583,750$47,025 – $291,850$63,000 – $551,350
20%$518,900+$583,750+$291,850+$$551,350+
As noted for 2023, the same principles apply to dividends earned in the 2024 tax year. Dividends that
Thank you. Now I should note that right now I believe the only stock I own that pays a dividend is Exxon mobile. And I believe I’m about to sell that so I can put that money into an S&P 500 index fund. But on top of everything I will consider also just throwing $200 a month at Ira account.

I learned something about dividend investors. Short term guys who they buy a stock knowing the next day they know it’s paying a dividend and they immediately sell everything. it appears that most dividend stocks pay their dividends four times a year to their investors.

Obviously, you probably have to invest a ton of money into such an idea to make a profit after the taxes. But that’s interesting as well.

But as for dividends, I suppose I would have to invest in the companies that pay dividends in order to keep this in mind for what you’re saying. My main investments right now are Snapchat, Lyft, Amazon, PayPal, exrof, sea limited , Exxon Mobil, I have a small amount of cryptocurrency on Robinhood, and smaller investments into a few other stocks and I believe the only one that pays a dividend is Exxon mobile.

Exrof is the only company I’ve lost quite a bit of money on it’s down about 60% since I invested into it. An older friend of mine gave me the idea he is a Biden supporter but a good guy. It’s some kind of electric car company and it got crushed in the past two years. So I’m hanging onto it and hoping it comes back. Who knows if it will. But every other investment that I have made on my own is up anywhere from 15 to 50% including Victoria’s Secret that I sold at a 50% profit recently.

Anyway, I plan on holding onto my current stocks with exception to Exxon mobile. Selling that buying the S&P 500 index and considering your idea of the Roth IRA at $200 a month.

Just as you point out, it’s very important that America stays patriotic if you will. We cannot give into the left-wing fanaticism, the Marxist type people who want social credit, scores, and all sorts of nonsense. That would make things difficult for a lot of people. That year run from 1970 to 2016 of the S&P 500 where you got 10% gains every year was during a time when we did not have woke fanaticism. So if that’s an issue going forward but I think more people are waking up, and realizing that wokeness is a disaster for the economy and society.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back