Into the Wild (Movie)

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Best movie I've seen this year, perhaps a few years.

I don't want to give anything away is you haven't seen it.

It's inspired by a true story.

Excellent, I give it my highest recommendation.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LAuzT_x8Ek[/ame]

Story synopsis.

'Mother Nature is a relentless bitch who does not really care how much you love her.'

I have seen it many times, the book is even better. The kid should have planned better.

Damn!! When I first got Dish Network and a DVR, that movie was on PPV and I had taped it to watch at a later date not realizing that you only have 24 hours before you need to pay for it again. A week went by and of course I lost it. BUT, it has never been on Dish Network again and I never could figure that out. They always bring their movies back, but not that one. Guess I'm gonna have to get off my couch for a change and go to a video store.

Thanks for the reminder.

Last edited:
The soundtrack to this film is phenomenal. Eddie Vedder wrote the music after seeing the movie, so the music is inspired by the scenes in the film. This is one movie where music really helps to create the right atmosphere.

This is also one movie where it's okay for Kristen Stewart to have no personality, because that's the way the role was intended.

I really feel like Sean Penn was ignored an Oscar nomination for this movie, and Hal Holbrook was robbed of an Oscar win. Javier Bardem was far from a supporting role in No Country for Old Men, and should never have been in the category.

It is on HBO all the time! I watch it almost everytime it is on.
The movie has a very good message to it.

The book was great and a perfect follow up to "Into Thin Air" I loved the movie too

The soundtrack to this film is phenomenal. Eddie Vedder wrote the music after seeing the movie, so the music is inspired by the scenes in the film. This is one movie where music really helps to create the right atmosphere.

This is also one movie where it's okay for Kristen Stewart to have no personality, because that's the way the role was intended.

I really feel like Sean Penn was ignored an Oscar nomination for this movie, and Hal Holbrook was robbed of an Oscar win. Javier Bardem was far from a supporting role in No Country for Old Men, and should never have been in the category.

I agree about Bardem's Oscar. The role didn't require a lot of acting--just primal meanness. And we've got meaner men right on this board!

The book was very disturbing so I haven't decided if I want to see the movie or not. Isn't this by the same writer as The Perfect Storm? I loved that book but the movie was so-so.

It is on HBO all the time! I watch it almost everytime it is on.
The movie has a very good message to it.

I don't have any movie channels. Think I'll write to Dish and ask them why they can't pull that one up from archives. They throw junk on PPV that's already been on regular television a hundred times. It's really my only complaint about them.

The book was very disturbing so I haven't decided if I want to see the movie or not. Isn't this by the same writer as The Perfect Storm? I loved that book but the movie was so-so.

I don't think so. It's Jon Krakauer. He wrote about the Everest expedition where 6 (?) people died

I don't think so. It's Jon Krakauer. He wrote about the Everest expedition where 6 (?) people died
Ah...that's right! That was an excellent book. So was the one he wrote about the outlaw mormons.

Ah...that's right! That was an excellent book. So was the one he wrote about the outlaw mormons.

Dats the guy!

Forum List

Back