“Internet at the Speed of Government”

[
as 'the only game in town' you think they were in a big hurry to upgrade it to begin with?

Ooh look, a lying commie - as unusual as sand at a beach.

{Time Warner Cable (TWC) is now delivering Internet speeds up to 300 Megabits per second (Mbps) }

Time Warner Cable Begins Major Internet Speed Increases in Los Angeles and New York City Time Warner Cable

The United States has the fastest internet speeds on the planet.

Conversely, democrat have the slowest minds on the planet.
You think TWC is ubiquitous?

NO. Your local government is undoubtedly preventing them from providing service in your area.

[
as 'the only game in town' you think they were in a big hurry to upgrade it to begin with?

{Time Warner Cable (TWC) is now delivering Internet speeds up to 300 Megabits per second (Mbps) }

Time Warner Cable Begins Major Internet Speed Increases in Los Angeles and New York City Time Warner Cable

NO. Your local government is undoubtedly preventing them from providing service in your area.
like you, i don't agree with local ordinances that divy up municipalities for exclusive territories to cable providers.

that said, how do you propose to offer 'choice' with cable? should every company run a line to every address?

[

like you, i don't agree with local ordinances that divy up municipalities for exclusive territories to cable providers.

that said, how do you propose to offer 'choice' with cable? should every company run a line to every address?

Each cable provider can run a line down the street. Why not, how much space can a fiber optic take up. These days they are all buried underground anyway. Then each home owner can choose with cable provider he wants.

[

Each cable provider can run a line down the street. Why not, how much space can a fiber optic take up. These days they are all buried underground anyway. Then each home owner can choose with cable provider he wants.
perhaps. but the reality is a company isn't going to invest the money to run a line down a street without some guarantee that they'll recoup that investment.
can you imagine the expense of running a line to a neighborhood, only to pick up two subscriptions?

frankly, i think more cities need to look at and copy cedar falls, iowa. make cable and internet a city utility, just like water, sewer, electricity, and gas.

Looking fowards to internet at the speed of Japan. Avg connection there is in the 50 MB/s range. Get about 6 here if lucky.
Have about 90-110 mb/s with Comcast, but it isn't ipv6 because Comcast tries to force its customers to use its routers - so they won't update the router to use ipv6.

But the $10/month rental for an insecure router that fakes data use, and won't let Steam through, sucks. So ipv4 is a sacrifice worth making.

Internet connections in most areas aren't consistent in the US either, and cut out several times a day.

Cite your source. (Note: I don't recall that happening ONE SINGLE TIME in almost ten years of broadband service!)

Sort of like you believing Harry Reid's lies?
I didn't even have to click on the story to get a huge smile on my face. What an awesome description of the FCC's efforts toward the so-called Net Neutrality situation. And then, I read the story. It contains more than 30 links to back up the claims that all this will do is subject the internet to government controls.

Read the story with all the links @http://Aren t We All Looking Forward to Internet at the Speed of Government RedState

Listening to people tell you what you want to hear, who are saying it because you want to hear it, and then using what you hear as the basis of an argument, is the intellectual equivalent of masturbating into your hand and then throwing at some strange woman's face, then turning around and calling her a slut for having a strange man's seed all over her face.

Looking fowards to internet at the speed of Japan. Avg connection there is in the 50 MB/s range. Get about 6 here if lucky.
Have about 90-110 mb/s with Comcast, but it isn't ipv6 because Comcast tries to force its customers to use its routers - so they won't update the router to use ipv6.

But the $10/month rental for an insecure router that fakes data use, and won't let Steam through, sucks. So ipv4 is a sacrifice worth making.

Internet connections in most areas aren't consistent in the US either, and cut out several times a day.

Cite your source. (Note: I don't recall that happening ONE SINGLE TIME in almost ten years of broadband service!)
anecdotally, it used to happen to me all the time - well, i'd say to the point that i noticed it at least once a month.
odd thing about it was the only way my bill was ever changed to reflect the downtime was if i called and complained.

It happens all the time, that you never get an outage or never suffer from drop outs and inconsistances is outside the norm.

anecdotally, it used to happen to me all the time - well, i'd say to the point that i noticed it at least once a month.
odd thing about it was the only way my bill was ever changed to reflect the downtime was if i called and complained.
It happens briefly for several minutes a time every day here, usually at times of heavy use - but also at early morning and lunch.

You wouldn't notice it, unless you are watching videos and see a dramatic quality drop, or if you are downloading files from a reliable site. Amazon Prime and Netflix have a hard time on wifi, so switched to using the Ethernet cable.

perhaps. but the reality is a company isn't going to invest the money to run a line down a street without some guarantee that they'll recoup that investment.
can you imagine the expense of running a line to a neighborhood, only to pick up two subscriptions?

frankly, i think more cities need to look at and copy cedar falls, iowa. make cable and internet a city utility, just like water, sewer, electricity, and gas.

Actually, yes they will. There are cities that have competing cable companies, and the residents there can hook up to whichever company they prefer. Service is fast and cheaper.

It happens all the time, that you never get an outage or never suffer from drop outs and inconsistances is outside the norm.

He makes a lotta shit up.

Funny, when I call Henry's bluff to cite language where these "taxes" appear, he simply folds.

Internet is now a utility like telephone companies. Look at your phone bill....provided you are allowed a telephone...and get back to me about why are so happy about the taxes and fees.

But until then, the coffee pot in the break room is running low. Step to it.

QED.

The way it works is that there are "LEC's," or local exchange carriers. These are said to "own the last mile." What it is, is a government protected monopoly of territories. Traditionally, cable has escaped the FCC enforced monopoly because they are not a telco. Placing the Internet as a Title II public utility forces cable companies into the position of a CLEC, who will be required by FCC monopoly, to carry their signal over the LEC lines. The FCC will prohibit new local loop installs, though existing runs will be grandfathered. The FCC will mandate a single monopoly in each area.

Forum List

Back