“Internet at the Speed of Government”

Yo retard;

I just showed you fact that we have 300 mbps internet in the USA, then you come back with 24.6 mbps.

I realize you're a leftist, but in some quarters 300>24.6

:dunno:

Yo retard;

I just showed you fact that we have 300 mbps internet in the USA, then you come back with 24.6 mbps.

I realize you're a leftist, but in some quarters 300>24.6

:dunno:
we have gigabit in some places. that doesn't mean most people can expect that speed.
dumbass.

you don't know where i live, or who offers service here.
that said, telling me that time warner cable has nice speeds and rates does me no good, since they do not offer service where i live.

so fuck your knowledge, it kinda sounds like you're the one with an agenda.

I don't give a shit where you live.

Los Angeles is 6 times the size of Seoul. Some leftist fucktard comparing speeds from Drooling Goat Iowa to Seoul or Hong Kong is disingenuous - even if they consider themselves expert swimmers. The major commerce centers in the USA have the fastest internet in the world, by a huge margin. If you want peak speeds, you need to be in Los Angeles, Dallas, Atlanta, New York, Portland, etc. That's the way real life works.

I'm an MCSE - you have no idea what that means - but I do this for my living. I deal with the large backbone groups. Telepacific, Verizon, AT&T, Level 3, every day. People come in here spewing idiocy they read on KOS, who don't know what a DMARC, CSU/DSU, the OSi model, Layer 3 switching, etc. is.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, you're not an authority on networking.

You're right. And the sad thing is that you know damn well that the limited examples in two locations in the entire country are not representative of the big picture of internet in the United States. But you insist on attempting to use them as such anyway.

You know what's also sad? You continue to try to claim that you somehow work in some field related to internet service delivery, and continue to craft insanely stupid arguments. This 300 mbps, who do you think is actually getting that speed? Don't know? I'll tell you: Primarily it's going to companies who need the connectivity for high demand business needs. Secondarily, it's going to residential subscribers who don't know their asses from a hole in the ground and don't have a clue that they're wasting their money on waaaaaaaay more internet than they need, or than their machines are capable of using. This 300 mbps you're talking about, this is merely a maximum. Maximum. Do you understand this word, maximum? It's what happens when something is at the top, and there are lots of other things that are the same thing, but less. Maximum. It's a fun word.

But hey, your successful tangent is exactly that, a tangent. None of this has anything to do with net neutrality. It doesn't matter if Time Warner has upgraded it's network to deliver 1 million mbps, if they simply turn around and throttle content providers who aren't willing to pay their mob protection taxes.

based upon what? where are you getting this 'knowledge'

The knowledge is common.

{An incumbent local exchange carrier (ILEC), is a local telephone company which held the regional monopoly on landline service before the market was opened to competitive local exchange carriers, or the corporate successor of such a firm. In much of the United States, these were originally Bell System companies, although various regional independents (including GTE) in the US held incumbent monopolies in their respective regions.}

Incumbent local exchange carrier - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The problem is that you approach this as a hack, seeking to promote the political agenda of your party with zero grasp of the subject.

You're right. And the sad thing is that you know damn well that the limited examples in two locations in the entire country are not representative of the big picture of internet in the United States. But you insist on attempting to use them as such anyway.

You know what's also sad? You continue to try to claim that you somehow work in some field related to internet service delivery, and continue to craft insanely stupid arguments. This 300 mbps, who do you think is actually getting that speed? Don't know? I'll tell you: Primarily it's going to companies who need the connectivity for high demand business needs. Secondarily, it's going to residential subscribers who don't know their asses from a hole in the ground and don't have a clue that they're wasting their money on waaaaaaaay more internet than they need, or than their machines are capable of using. This 300 mbps you're talking about, this is merely a maximum. Maximum. Do you understand this word, maximum? It's what happens when something is at the top, and there are lots of other things that are the same thing, but less. Maximum. It's a fun word.

But hey, your successful tangent is exactly that, a tangent. None of this has anything to do with net neutrality. It doesn't matter if Time Warner has upgraded it's network to deliver 1 million mbps, if they simply turn around and throttle content providers who aren't willing to pay their mob protection taxes.

Limited examples my ass. Los Angeles is vastly larger in square miles than Seoul. New York dwarfs Hong Kong . It is you who was attempting to use limited examples of densely populated cities and compare them to fly over country. The commerce centers in the USA have faster speeds than these others you tout.

Net Neutrality is a cluster fuck. Making the Internet a Title II public utility under the 1934 Telecommunications act is the end of the internet as we know it.

You cut off your head to spite your hand.

Limited examples my ass. Los Angeles is vastly larger in square miles than Seoul. New York dwarfs Hong Kong . It is you who was attempting to use limited examples of densely populated cities and compare them to fly over country. The commerce centers in the USA have faster speeds than these others you tout.

Net Neutrality is a cluster fuck. Making the Internet a Title II public utility under the 1934 Telecommunications act is the end of the internet as we know it.

:lmao:

You're so full of shit your diaper is exploding.

Why can't you simply admit the truth? You want Comcast and Time Warner to restrict your access to foxnews.com and to try to force you to read their liberal leaning sources NBC and CNN. You want this because you hate Obama. Everything else you are saying are at best tangents that tickle your ball sack and teases your nipples.

Why can't you simply admit the truth? You want Comcast and Time Warner to restrict your access to foxnews.com and to try to force you to read their liberal leaning sources NBC and CNN. You want this because you hate Obama. Everything else you are saying are at best tangents that tickle your ball sack and teases your nipples.

Spewing idiocy from KOS is all you are capable of. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, you wouldn't know a router from an SSD. You only know that the democrats want the government to run the Internet, so you spew stupidity in favor of it.

Spewing idiocy from KOS is all you are capable of. You have no fucking idea what you're talking about, you wouldn't know a router from an SSD. You only know that the democrats want the government to run the Internet, so you spew stupidity in favor of it.

If you call a dog a horse, it's still a dog. It doesn't magically change into a horse. The only thing that happens is that people see you as being delusional. Or an idiot. Or both.

There are only four lights. :D

Gotta love those liberals!

Willing to buy into government-controlled internet with (over time) "regulated" content just to encourage new taxes and fees.

But will they hypocritically rage about those costs when the start paying them?

Hard question right there......

So sad. There is some truly informative stuff on this thread. Shame it has to degenerate into a name-calling, You said - I said piece of garbage.

Here in Vegas - not exactly one of the big metropolitan areas in the USA - we have five or six different services to give us access to the internet, I have no idea the speed as the others as the one I have gives me all the access to the internet that I need.

What will happen to that choice if the FCC turns it into a utility. Which will be the one I's stuck with? What kind of choice will I have then?

Are you on LSD?

So sad. There is some truly informative stuff on this thread. Shame it has to degenerate into a name-calling, You said - I said piece of garbage.

Here in Vegas - not exactly one of the big metropolitan areas in the USA - we have five or six different services to give us access to the internet, I have no idea the speed as the others as the one I have gives me all the access to the internet that I need.

What will happen to that choice if the FCC turns it into a utility. Which will be the one I's stuck with? What kind of choice will I have then?

More fundamental question -- what makes you think it would be any different? Or that you would have less of a choice?

More fundamental question -- what makes you think it would be any different? Or that you would have less of a choice?

Reality; which is something you of the left have no grasp of.

There is a long history of Title II public utilities under the 1934 Telecommunications act. A quick review of FCC actions in regard to content regulation across telephone exchanges, and across regulated media such as the airwaves, offers a solid glimpse into how the newly acquired Internet will be ruled by our government overlords. Naturally, there will have to be some hefty taxes to pay for the regulation. These are government workers and are paid huge amounts.

So huffer, who is your guess as to being the recipient of the mandated monopoly? Who will the FCC name as the only backbone operator allowed to continue? Verizon? Level 3? AT&T (SBC)?

Internet at the speed of government.

Just look at Turkey's own "net neutrality" laws that gives government power to suspend the internet, shut off social networks, search and arrest without warrant... all in the interest of fairness and public safety. Lefties policies at work.

I cant believe all these young liberals want the goverment involved in the internet. I think the internet should have no regulations whatsoever

But we have oligarchies controlling the internet. Our speeds are pathetic compared to the rest of the world. There is no incentive to make better internet when you are the only one or have only 1 competitor. Give them shitty internet and charge enormous amounts of money for it. Why add costs when you don't have to?

Net neutrality treats all data the same. Period. That's a very good thing.

Just look at Turkey's own "net neutrality" laws that gives government power to suspend the internet, shut off social networks, search and arrest without warrant... all in the interest of fairness and public safety. Lefties policies at work.

This is why the democrats have mobilized the drooling Soros drones to bleat their idiocy. they have the power now to regulate content on the Internet. The biggest blow to the dominance of the left was the loss of control over what information people had access to. Edward Murrow built a propaganda machine that placed information in the hands of the party, to be manipulated as the party saw fit. The rise of Fox News and particularly the Internet broke the managed news controlled by the party.

But with the Internet as a Title II utility, the party can again exert control over what information is allowed to flow to the public. Expect strict regulations on what sort of information is allowed on sites. My guess is that the FCC will go after certain sites for anti-homosexual views to begin with, since all must bow to the queers in this Obamanation.

Except we have a Constitution that prevents that. But your irrational fear is duly noted.

Forum List

Back