Nov 22, 2003
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Perspectives on Iraq July 30.htm

51% Say Finishing Iraq Mission Top Priority

39% Say Bringing Home Troops ASAP is More Important

Which is More Important?

Bring Troops Home ASAP 39%
Insure Iraq Success 51%
RasmussenReports.com

Friday July 30, 2004--Fifty-one percent (51%) of American voters say that making sure Iraq becomes "a peaceful nation enjoying freedom and democracy" is more important than bringing home American soldiers right away.

A Rasmussen Reports survey also found that 39% believe bringing home the troops as soon as possible in more important.

Republicans, by a 76% to 18% margin, believe that succeeding in Iraq is the more important priority. Democrats, by a 59% to 29% margin, believe it is more important to get the troops home quickly.

As for those not affiliated with either major party, 49% believe making sure Iraq becomes peaceful and free is the top priority while 36% opt for bringing home the troops.

Fifty-eight percent (58%) of all voters think that John Kerry believes bringing home the troops is more important. Just 29% think Kerry places a higher priority on insuring a successful conclusion in Iraq.

Eighty-three percent (83%) believe Bush places a higher priority on finishing the mission. Just 8% believe Bush is more interested in bringing home the troops as soon as possible.

The national telephone survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted by Rasmussen Reports July 29-30, 2004. Margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Methodology.

ajwps said:
Kathianne a total collapse of public opinion polls would show that this country is in good health. A country that developed an airtight system of finding out in advance what was in people’s minds would be uninhabitable.

No one is looking at mind control here! :eek: I posted on political forum so those interested could see. Feel free to walk on by...

Kathianne said:
No one is looking at mind control here! :eek: I posted on political forum so those interested could see. Feel free to walk on by...

Didn't mean to offend you or your poll interpretations at this point in time. In most people's minds, the only true poll as to whether or not Americans feel that fighting over there to prevent being attacked over here will be acurately determined in November, 04.

ajwps said:
Didn't mean to offend you or your poll interpretations at this point in time. In most people's minds, the only true poll as to whether or not Americans feel that fighting over there to prevent being attacked over here will be acurately determined in November, 04.

Sorry, just not in the mode to go circular! A bit testy I guess! :thup:

You're absolutely correct on November! :banana: I'm feeling better by the week!

Forum List

Back