Interesting PBS poll on gun control

If only some of the gun-nuts here knew how many 'liberals' support firearms ownership
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

why don't you start a poll for libernuts who will vote a YES or NO on gun control AND believe in the Second Amendment as written without parsing it to pieces. :up:

Online polls are completely and utterly meaningless, as has been pointed out countless times before. The only thing they're good for is confirming your biases, should they agree with the poll.

For reference, talk to President Ron Paul.
Except almost every other poll taken confirms this type of result. Perhaps not in those numbers. But it's clear gun control is a political loser. ANd has been for 20 years.

I agree that gun control is a political loser issue.

But your claims of "almost every other poll taken confirms this type of result" is staggeringly incorrect.

Guns
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i found your "Guns" site to be very informative and bookmarked it for future reference, BUT !! the liberliar media is as i expected it to be......, very biased :up:

And those that use guns in the commission of a crime would be deterred if only we had tighter control.Talk about stupid and naive.

Like in Australia with some of the tightest gun control laws in the world deterred the Muslim terrorist from carrying a weapon into the coffee shop. The people in the shop didn't have the means to protect themselves because they adhered to the law but the terrorist had the means to kill people, which was in violation of the gun laws. Who would have thunk it?
Dumb fuck, that is not at all what gun control is about. What it is about is the fact that in this nation, if the present trend continues, there will be more deaths in the US from guns than from autos in 2015.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
And those that use guns in the commission of a crime would be deterred if only we had tighter control.Talk about stupid and naive.

Like in Australia with some of the tightest gun control laws in the world deterred the Muslim terrorist from carrying a weapon into the coffee shop. The people in the shop didn't have the means to protect themselves because they adhered to the law but the terrorist had the means to kill people, which was in violation of the gun laws. Who would have thunk it?
Dumb fuck, that is not at all what gun control is about. What it is about is the fact that in this nation, if the present trend continues, there will be more deaths in the US from guns than from autos in 2015.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dumb fuck,
now i must ask.., who really is the true "Dumb fuck," here ?

i am leaning towards the "Dumber-Than-An-Old-Rock"

Obama threatened to take my guns away? When did this happen? Why don't you post up a credible link showing me where Obama threatened to take away my guns. I want to read about that.

You must have missed all the crap Obama and that idiot Biden were spouting after Sandy Hook. Been watching too much MSNBC, have you?

You do understand that an assault weapons ban is "taking guns away" don't you? Do you also understand that the filthy ass government requiring to giving you permission to buy a firearm like in universal background checks is the equivalent of taking guns away when they deny, don't you?

Import bans on firearms, which that stupid shit imposed, is the same as taking guns away.

Fast and Furious blew up in Obama's face but he was setting up the scam to use false evidence to take guns away from Americans.

Obama tried his best but failed at it. Even the some of the Democrats in Congress, who usually never pull their head out of their ass, didn't support him on his anti gun agenda.

Looks like Liberal PBS didn't get the answer they were looking for.

Poll Would you support more restrictive gun laws in your state PBS NewsHour

Yes. Increased regulations on firearms are necessary to prevent another tragedy like the shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary. 6.52% (1,906 votes)

No. Laws like this unnecessarily punish lawful gun owners and will do little to prevent mass shootings. 92.48% (27,020 votes)

Unsure. It's important to keep the weapons out of the wrong hands, but this may not be the solution. 0.99% (290 votes.

Most Americans understand that the Sandy Hook Elementary incident was a DIRECT CAUSE of regulations which mandated that it be a GUN FREE ZONE . The RETARD knew that he could kill many children and would meet no resistance or opposition.

It's rigged with multiple votes by the same people, or maybe it IS accurate and contrary to the threads on this board to abolish gvt funding for PBS, many more Right Wingers watch PBS than has been conjectured on this board? :D

But if the poll had been the other way around then the Libtards would have used it as proof that Americans want to do away with that pesky Bill of Right's item about the right to keep and bear arms.

It was so high because many posters from the gun forums voted in it. Why don't you go to CPUSA.com or Demomocratunderground.com and post a link to the poll so those Libtard idiots can sway it the other way and then you can brag about it?

You do understand that an assault weapons ban is "taking guns away" don't you?

I understand that you are an asshole. I understand that you suffer from irrational fear.
And I understand that the 14 guns in my house are in no danger from being taken away by anybody in government.
I understand that NO ONE who had a legal right to own a gun had their guns taken away from them since Obama was elected. I understand that Ronnie St Reagan himself was opposed to having assault weapons on the streets of America.

What I don't understand is why you gun nutters are so fucking whacked out claiming repeatedly that your guns are being taken away.from you. When you know that is a lie.

It was so high because many posters from the gun forums voted in it. Why don't you go to CPUSA.com or Demomocratunderground.com and post a link to the poll so those Libtard idiots can sway it the other way and then you can brag about it?

Why don't you? You the one making the claim that this skewed poll somehow represents the wishes of the general population. Burden of proof that this is a correct interpretation is on you dude.

Why don't you? You the one making the claim that this skewed poll somehow represents the wishes of the general population. Burden of proof that this is a correct interpretation is on you dude.

I have been banned from DU for being politically incorrect according to their stupid standards.

I understand that you are an asshole. I understand that you suffer from irrational fear.
And I understand that the 14 guns in my house are in no danger from being taken away by anybody in government.
I understand that NO ONE who had a legal right to own a gun had their guns taken away from them since Obama was elected. I understand that Ronnie St Reagan himself was opposed to having assault weapons on the streets of America.

What I don't understand is why you gun nutters are so fucking whacked out claiming repeatedly that your guns are being taken away.from you. When you know that is a lie.

Your friends are now going after the gun manufacturer The basis for the lawsuit is so far fetched that it ought to be thrown out before Bushmaster is required to spend one penny defending itself.

Lawsuit Blames Gun Maker for Sandy Hook Massacre

Jacob Sullum|Dec. 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Your friends are now going after the gun manufacturer The basis for the lawsuit is so far fetched that it ought to be thrown out before Bushmaster is required to spend one penny defending itself.

Anyone can sue anybody over anything at all. That is what America so great, dontcha know?

Gun manufacturers make dangerous products that don't come with safety stickers all over them like every other product that can injure and kill people.

Isn't the whole purpose of guns to defend the rights of the people?

Why do you want to deny these people their god given right to sue whomever they like?

Anyone can sue anybody over anything at all. That is what America so great, dontcha know?

Gun manufacturers make dangerous products that don't come with safety stickers all over them like every other product that can injure and kill people.

Why do you want to deny these people their god given right to sue whomever they like?

Fine they can file their lawsuit.

Bushmaster should NOT Be required to respond or hire an attorney to defend itself.

Bushmaster should NOT Be required to respond or hire an attorney to defend itself.

Loser pays the winner's legal expenses would stop a lot of frivolous lawsuits.

Bushmaster probably has an attorney on staff just like most large corporations do in order to review contracts and other legal matters.

If Bushmaster fails to defend itself the court will make a default ruling in favor of the plaintiffs.

Doesn't work that way in this nation. Both sides pay their own costs and can ask the judge to rule that they be compensated. However most lawsuits are settled out of court and each side picks up their own costs.

Bushmaster is stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. It has a precedent of settling which makes it hard to stand it's ground in this instance because that question will have to be answered and that is not an answer that will reflect well on Bushmaster. The public sentiment is with the plaintiffs irrespective of the merits of their case. If Bushmaster tries to contest this case it risks not only bad publicity for itself but for the entire gun manufacturing industry. And if it loses then it sets a really bad precedent for the industry. From Bushmaster's POV this is a lose-lose scenario. The smart move is to settle and have the settlement sealed.

Bushmaster probably has an attorney on staff just like most large corporations do in order to review contracts and other legal matters.

If Bushmaster fails to defend itself the court will make a default ruling in favor of the plaintiffs.

I understand that.

And the whole thing is fundamentally unfair.

They should not have to answer for the criminally insane.

Online polls are completely and utterly meaningless, as has been pointed out countless times before. The only thing they're good for is confirming your biases, should they agree with the poll.

For reference, talk to President Ron Paul.
It doesn't matter what poll you consult. Gun control is a losing issue, most Americans believing it doesn't solve the problem of gun violence.

I understand that.

And the whole thing is fundamentally unfair.

They should not have to answer for the criminally insane.

Agreed, but the NRA is responsible for Bushmaster being in this predicament. 90% of the American people, including gun owners and Republicans support background checks. The NRA has obstructed all attempts at even the most reasonable of provisions that would keep guns out of the hands of the mentally ill.

So now Bushmaster has to deal with the consequences. Don't be surprised if there aren't more lawsuits to come. You cannot simply tell 90% of Americans to go screw themselves. The NRA should have backed down after Sandy Hook. It was a stupid move on their part and now Bushmaster is going to lose millions when it settles this lawsuit.

And when that happens the firearms industry will take a good hard look at the NRA and decide for themselves if they want to stick to the stupidity of the NRA or start behaving like adults and doing what is right for the American people who don't like having their children gunned down by AR15's and the like in their classrooms.

Doesn't work that way in this nation. Both sides pay their own costs and can ask the judge to rule that they be compensated. However most lawsuits are settled out of court and each side picks up their own costs.

Bushmaster is stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. It has a precedent of settling which makes it hard to stand it's ground in this instance because that question will have to be answered and that is not an answer that will reflect well on Bushmaster. The public sentiment is with the plaintiffs irrespective of the merits of their case. If Bushmaster tries to contest this case it risks not only bad publicity for itself but for the entire gun manufacturing industry. And if it loses then it sets a really bad precedent for the industry. From Bushmaster's POV this is a lose-lose scenario. The smart move is to settle and have the settlement sealed.
No, the smart move is to fight it or they'll be on the hook every time someone misuses their product. Even Michael Jackson came to understand you have to fight these assholes or the lawsuits will never stop. I'm sure Bushmaster has attorneys who are smarter than you which I estimate to be not very difficult.

Forum List

Back