Interesting Comparison: Reactions to Obama and Bush

He who? I pointed out why Bush was criticized, hmmm? He was criticized for sticking with the kids while the US was being attacked.

Or perhaps you were referring to my question to PP: did PP criticize Bush's actions? And yes of course PP is criticizing, otherwise the question would have never come up...and the comparison never made. There IS NO comparison between some fuckhead shooter and an attack on the country.

No, PP wasn't criticizing, just drawing comparisons and eliciting responses. Your perception of it is yours, partisan and duly noted.
Of course, one always takes an opportunity to question the current president before bodies are cold in the ground. :eusa_hand:

Never said there weren't some here doing that, but not the original OP. If you think that was his intent then you perception is skewed and I can only assume it's so by your own paradigm.

WOW, this has to be a joke right? Bush should have more than criticized; he should have been impeached!

The Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America was informed by his Chief of Staff that "America IS UNDER ATTACK"... he DID nothing...NOTHING...

It isn't about Bush "not seeming like he was concerned enough" It's about his FAILURE to carry out his duty, responsibility and obligation AS Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America...

what was he supposed to do? In a room full of school children. Go ahead, lay out the proper behavior for all of us. DumbBelle!
Set an example. Tell the kids your duties called you away. How hard is that?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: the proverbial armchair quarterback. It looks to me like he kinda went into shock for a few minutes.. You would have been cleaning the brown stuff outta your drawers. But we forgive you.

WOW, this has to be a joke right? Bush should have more than criticized; he should have been impeached!

The Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America was informed by his Chief of Staff that "America IS UNDER ATTACK"... he DID nothing...NOTHING...

It isn't about Bush "not seeming like he was concerned enough" It's about his FAILURE to carry out his duty, responsibility and obligation AS Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America...

what was he supposed to do? In a room full of school children. Go ahead, lay out the proper behavior for all of us. DumbBelle!

How about after Andy Card whispers in his ear taking a moment to gather himself to lose the rubbery feeling he had to have in his legs (he's human), then telling the kids, "I'm sorry but there is something that requires my immediate attention," leave someone behind, and then get to work?

He who? I pointed out why Bush was criticized, hmmm? He was criticized for sticking with the kids while the US was being attacked.

Or perhaps you were referring to my question to PP: did PP criticize Bush's actions? And yes of course PP is criticizing, otherwise the question would have never come up...and the comparison never made. There IS NO comparison between some fuckhead shooter and an attack on the country.

No, PP wasn't criticizing, just drawing comparisons and eliciting responses. Your perception of it is yours, partisan and duly noted.

Thank you ringel. I didn't criticize nor compliment either president merely commented that some people are treating obama in the same way they treated bush back in 9/11. It would almost seem like i might be trying to defend the President, that is if one wasn't looking at my post as a partisan.

No you made a bone head comparison of two events that were totally different...one where a president only knew that at that very moment, America was under ATTACK and DID nothing and one where a president knew the circumstances and made comments that some people claim came across as insensitive...

How about after Andy Card whispers in his ear taking a moment to gather himself to lose the rubbery feeling he had to have in his legs (he's human), then telling the kids, "I'm sorry but there is something that requires my immediate attention," leave someone behind, and then get to work?

how much time should we give him to digest what he just heard? A President's worst nightmare I would imagine. And why did Card back up so the President couldn't ask him any questions?

DID Bama get a new Guitar, while he had warring of that himacan, we al saw "w" bloviat on 911 and not much more unless they could make Hailiburton money

I've seen a lot of people commenting on Obama's reaction/speech in relation to the shooting at fort hood. Mostly people are saying it seemed like he didn't take it seriously, doesn't care, or thought it was no big deal.

This reminds me of how many portrayed Bush's response to 9/11.

What do you guys think? Here are video clips for reference.

- President Obama: Thoughts and Prayers with Fort Hood[/url]

- Bush's Seven Minutes of Silence[/url]

You are going to compare those two events?
What the fuck? The two situations were completely different, it's like trying to draw a corollary between apples and poker.

Hey, at least while Americans were dying during Hurricane Katrina Bush didn't sit on his ass!

bush-mccain-katrina-1.jpg

bush-mccain-katrina-3.jpg

how much time should we give him to digest what he just heard? A President's worst nightmare I would imagine. And why did Card back up so the President couldn't ask him any questions?

How much time? I dunno but 5 minutes is too long. I don't know why Card backed up ... has he been asked why he did before? He, too, dropped the ball ... he was in a position to step in, interrupt the teacher, and tell the class that the POTUS had something important to attend to that required his immediate attention.

They both effed up, IMO.

I understand the point you are making but once again, were you the proverbial fly on the wall? Were you part of the security team that could have been signaling Bush to continue until preparations had been made for getting him out without alarming anyone at the school? We can surmise all we want but unless we were there we have no idea of what was actually transpiring at that moment.

oh come on willow, card only took coloring book form from "W" what was he supposed to do

How much time? I dunno but 5 minutes is too long. I don't know why Card backed up ... has he been asked why he did before? He, too, dropped the ball ... he was in a position to step in, interrupt the teacher, and tell the class that the POTUS had something important to attend to that required his immediate attention.

They both effed up, IMO.

I just read in the article Card said he "backed up so he could not ask me any questions."

So here's what I think,, maybe President Bush took too long and maybe not. I tend to think seven minutes didn't make a difference one way or another.. Secondly obama had what? an hour or two to pull himself together and still he got it wrong. Came off looking most unsophisticated..

Thank you ringel. I didn't criticize nor compliment either president merely commented that some people are treating obama in the same way they treated bush back in 9/11. It would almost seem like i might be trying to defend the President, that is if one wasn't looking at my post as a partisan.

No you made a bone head comparison of two events that were totally different...one where a president only knew that at that very moment, America was under ATTACK and DID nothing and one where a president knew the circumstances and made comments that some people claim came across as insensitive...

I made a comparison of people's reactions to the 2 events. The comparison being people unfairly criticized bush on 9/11 for his behavior in the classroom and that people are unfairly criticizing Obama in much the same way for his impromptu addition to his speech yesterday.

Re-Read the OP for comprehension.

Last edited:

I understand the point you are making but once again, were you the proverbial fly on the wall? Were you part of the security team that could have been signaling Bush to continue until preparations had been made for getting him out without alarming anyone at the school? We can surmise all we want but unless we were there we have no idea of what was actually transpiring at that moment.

I wasn't a fly on the wall but the video gives you a pretty candid look at the happenings in the classroom.

Do you know for a fact that a security team was signaling him or did you just throw that in there?

hey willow, where the hell did Boooooooooooooooooooosh go after he thought he got shot at , it wasn't DC unlike what most of his comtempories would have done, he ran just like he did before his daddy got him a slot in theTXANG

They both effed up, IMO.

I just read in the article Card said he "backed up so he could not ask me any questions."

So here's what I think,, maybe President Bush took too long and maybe not. I tend to think seven minutes didn't make a difference one way or another.. Secondly obama had what? an hour or two to pull himself together and still he got it wrong. Came off looking most unsophisticated..

Odd of Card to do that ...

Those seven minutes could have been the difference in shooting down the plane that hit The Pentagon.

As you can see in my first post in this thread I think Obama handled his statement very poorly.

I wasn't a fly on the wall but the video gives you a pretty candid look at the happenings in the classroom.

Do you know for a fact that a security team was signaling him or did you just throw that in there?

Since I wasn't there you will notice I stated "could have". We can draw all kinds of conclusions based on what we see and what we don't see. My issue is all someone has to do is mention the name of Bush or Obama and all reason leaves the room replaced by partisan supposition and derision.

Since I wasn't there you will notice I stated "could have". We can draw all kinds of conclusions based on what we see and what we don't see. My issue is all someone has to do is mention the name of Bush or Obama and all reason leaves the room replaced by partisan supposition and derision.

I hear ya but if you look close enough you can see that there are several ppl here that have merely given their own rational opinion of how the situation was handled and not turned it into a partisan mess.

hey willow, where the hell did Boooooooooooooooooooosh go after he thought he got shot at , it wasn't DC unlike what most of his comtempories would have done, he ran just like he did before his daddy got him a slot in theTXANG

listen DUmbAss. They had him aboard Air Force One.. and the spent the day in the air. He did what he was supposed to do from Air Force One,, check out Nat. Geo.. they did a documentary about it. I guess you never realized that was protocol huh.. In yer haste to bash Boooooooosh? That's why you are a DUmmie.

I made a comparison of people's reactions to the 2 events. The comparison being people unfairly criticized bush on 9/11 for his behavior in the classroom and that people are unfairly criticizing Obama in much the same way for his impromptu addition to his speech yesterday.

Re-Read the OP for comprehension.

COMPREHENSION??? Let's see, how do we comprehend that how a president reacts to Pearl Harbor and how a president delivers comments on a shooting that occurred on a military base are somehow similar or equal...YET you do...VERY hard to COMPREHENSION. But of course YOU are not partisan...you just hold presidents to different standards...

Forum List

Back