Interesting Comparison: Reactions to Obama and Bush

anyone else like to comment?

The attack on Bush and Obama for these two separate incidences are purely partisan driven and as usual says much more about the complainers.
Case in point: Bfgrn's post, he's obviously clairvoyant and knew exactly what Bush was thinking, not to mention what the advisers and Secret Service were deciding. (Right......)
Now let me add Ravi to this. Jeeze!
Why...for pointing out why Bush was criticized? I didn't say it was right or wrong, I merely clarified the situation.

He wasn't criticizing, (which is essentially what you said he was doing), he was asking for peoples reactions.

The attack on Bush and Obama for these two separate incidences are purely partisan driven and as usual says much more about the complainers.
Case in point: Bfgrn's post, he's obviously clairvoyant and knew exactly what Bush was thinking, not to mention what the advisers and Secret Service were deciding. (Right......)
Now let me add Ravi to this. Jeeze!
Why...for pointing out why Bush was criticized? I didn't say it was right or wrong, I merely clarified the situation.

He wasn't criticizing, (which is essentially what you said he was doing), he was asking for peoples reactions.
He who? I pointed out why Bush was criticized, hmmm? He was criticized for sticking with the kids while the US was being attacked.

Or perhaps you were referring to my question to PP: did PP criticize Bush's actions? And yes of course PP is criticizing, otherwise the question would have never come up...and the comparison never made. There IS NO comparison between some fuckhead shooter and an attack on the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not seeing how you are comparing the two events.

But yes, they both should have burst into tears, pulled out their hair and acted like the world was coming to an end.

I'm comparing how people reacted to both presidents.

Bush got crap for not seeming like he was concerned enough in front of the schoolkids. Obama is getting crap for not seeming like he cared enough yesterday.

Making sense now my little cheeze ravioli :)?

Bush got word as he was in the classroom.

Obama knew what had happened before he gave his speech.

Apples and oranges to me.

I'm with Article15 on this; the rambling for 2 minutes before even mentioning the shooting and the freaking 'shout out' . . . .wth? Who is advising him anyway? They suck.

I too agree with this asessment.

I've seen a lot of people commenting on Obama's reaction/speech in relation to the shooting at fort hood. Mostly people are saying it seemed like he didn't take it seriously, doesn't care, or thought it was no big deal.

This reminds me of how many portrayed Bush's response to 9/11.

What do you guys think? Here are video clips for reference.

YouTube - President Obama: Thoughts and Prayers with Fort Hood

YouTube - Bush's Seven Minutes of Silence
These are not quite equal events to compare. having said that, I identify totally with President Bush's silence, while his staff and the secret service were turning the cars around to make a clean exit, not knowing exactly what threat was out there.

"not knowing exactly what threat was out there"??? You mean NOT knowing the size or scope of the ATTACK...not knowing if the President's location was a target of the ATTACK...so he STAYED in a classroom of children and made THEM possible targets of the ATTACK too?

Hey, maybe Andy Card could have come back in and asked the decider, if he decided who he would hand OVER the responsibility of commanding a domestic airliner with US citizens on board shot down BY the armed services on the United States of America?

He SAT on his decider ass for more than 5 minutes that is documented on video...it was longer than that before he was even capable of fulfilling his duty...

America was under attack, and the Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America was AWOL...

He who? I pointed out why Bush was criticized, hmmm? He was criticized for sticking with the kids while the US was being attacked.

Or perhaps you were referring to my question to PP: did PP criticize Bush's actions? And yes of course PP is criticizing, otherwise the question would have never come up.

Here is the DEAL. Bush kept his cool because he KNEW what it meant. He didn't want to alarm those children. And this is wrong how exactly?

And it is completely different than how Obama is handling the act of Terrorism we saw yesterday. Obama knew of this long before he spoke, and I parrot others here that are asking WHO is writing Obama's stuff?

Or perhaps you were referring to my question to PP: did PP criticize Bush's actions? And yes of course PP is criticizing, otherwise the question would have never come up...and the comparison never made. There IS NO comparison between some fuckhead shooter and an attack on the country.

No, PP wasn't criticizing, just drawing comparisons and eliciting responses. Your perception of it is yours, partisan and duly noted.

Or perhaps you were referring to my question to PP: did PP criticize Bush's actions? And yes of course PP is criticizing, otherwise the question would have never come up.

Here is the DEAL. Bush kept his cool because he KNEW what it meant. He didn't want to alarm those children. And this is wrong how exactly?

And it is completely different than how Obama is handling the act of Terrorism we saw yesterday. Obama knew of this long before he spoke, and I parrot others here that are asking WHO is writing Obama's stuff?

Personally, I think Bush froze up. He didn't have to run out of there in hysterics, of course, but IMO he was WAY too slow to get up and do something with the country under attack.

"He didn't want to alarm those children" ... HOW do you know what he was thinking; by the blank look on his face, the way he wiggled his ass in the chair he was cemented too?

Here's a "thought"...Bush could have stood up and said: "excuse me children, your president has some real important president things too do right now, I will have to come back on another day...thank you, keep up the great work"

Yeah, I'd like to know if you were criticizing Bush less than twenty four hours later for his continued participation in the elementary school reading.

Hey ravi i'd like to know when I criticized obama over his speech? Why dont you go read articles thread from about 5pm yesterday afternoon and get back to me when you find your claim of my criticism to be uncalled for and innacurate. I know it will be hard to find so here

omg did obama just give a fucking shout out....................

Yes, he's very blase' about this to say the least.

c'mon guys not right now...we have dead soldiers to think about lets not turn this into a hammer against obama.

HMMMM...yeah geeze the guy defending obama against attacks yesterday must have made this thread to attack Obama. Cheezy RAVIoli.

I'll take my apology in the forum of rep please :) :lol:

To Assume only make an ASS out of U and ME

Last edited:

No, PP wasn't criticizing, just drawing comparisons and eliciting responses. Your perception of it is yours, partisan and duly noted.
Of course, one always takes an opportunity to question the current president before bodies are cold in the ground. :eusa_hand:

I don't know what Bush was thinking. IMO, when your country is being attacked you don't sit in a class room reading a story book. You excuse yourself by telling the kids that your duties as president demand your attention.

There's no REAL evidence that yesterday's act was terrorism...in fact it sounds quite the opposite. Some messed up person with a gun...sadly a common happening.

Yeah, I'd like to know if you were criticizing Bush less than twenty four hours later for his continued participation in the elementary school reading.

Hey ravi i'd like to know when I criticized obama over his speech? Why dont you go read articles thread from about 5pm yesterday afternoon and get back to me when you find your claim of my criticism to be uncalled for and innacurate. I know it will be hard to find so here

Yes, he's very blase' about this to say the least.

c'mon guys not right now...we have dead soldiers to think about lets not turn this into a hammer against obama.

HMMMM...yeah geeze the guy defending obama against attacks yesterday must have made this thread to attack Obama. Cheezy RAVIoli.

No dice. You started this thread.

I don't know what Bush was thinking. IMO, when your country is being attacked you don't sit in a class room reading a story book. You excuse yourself by telling the kids that your duties as president demand your attention.

There's no REAL evidence that yesterday's act was terrorism...in fact it sounds quite the opposite. Some messed up person with a gun...sadly a common happening.

And you just don't JUMP UP and alarm those children either. BUSH acted approriately.

And YES last night was Terrorism. He shouted "Allah ACKBAR!" as he opened fire as reported by those that were there.

Thank you ringel. I didn't criticize nor compliment either president merely commented that some people are treating obama in the same way they treated bush back in 9/11. It would almost seem like i might be trying to defend the President, that is if one wasn't looking at my post as a partisan.

WOW, this has to be a joke right? Bush should have more than criticized; he should have been impeached!

The Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America was informed by his Chief of Staff that "America IS UNDER ATTACK"... he DID nothing...NOTHING...

It isn't about Bush "not seeming like he was concerned enough" It's about his FAILURE to carry out his duty, responsibility and obligation AS Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America...

what was he supposed to do? In a room full of school children. Go ahead, lay out the proper behavior for all of us. DumbBelle!

No dice. You started this thread.

Sorry Ravi but you are WAY off base and wrong on your perception of the spirit of the thread.

Stop being cheesy. Maybe you should read pages 7-15 of articles thread about this yesterday instead of assuming I have a particular stance about this entire situation.

Last edited:
WOW, this has to be a joke right? Bush should have more than criticized; he should have been impeached!

The Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America was informed by his Chief of Staff that "America IS UNDER ATTACK"... he DID nothing...NOTHING...

It isn't about Bush "not seeming like he was concerned enough" It's about his FAILURE to carry out his duty, responsibility and obligation AS Commander in Chief of the armed services on the United States of America...

what was he supposed to do? In a room full of school children. Go ahead, lay out the proper behavior for all of us. DumbBelle!
Set an example. Tell the kids your duties called you away. How hard is that?

You front the same question/Comment I had.

Thank you ringel. I didn't criticize nor compliment either president merely commented that some people are treating obama in the same way they treated bush back in 9/11. It would almost seem like i might be trying to defend the President, that is if one wasn't looking at my post as a partisan.

You present a valid comparison. I've been listening all day to folks that have the same question/observation.

Set an example. Tell the kids your duties called you away. How hard is that?

Run for office then and be an example, eh?

Forum List

Back