Interesting article on guns in Japan

All countries compared for Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate per million people

Japan simply has low crime. Has nothing to do with guns.

They still have crime, but at the rate of 4 per million population.

They are 7th lowest in the world.

Monaco and Palau are the lowest in the world with virtually no crime.

The top most violent 98 countries in the world already make guns illegal and it has not changed anything there.

The USA is 99th. We are about in the middle -- the median.

And most US crime is committed in states like Calif and NYS which already limit or prohibit guns.

So your thinking on this is a fallacy. No logic to it at all.

Most murders - Louisiana. They also lock the most people up. Apparently locking people up solves crime problems. Oh, you want fallacies, huh?
--------------------------------------------------------- and this talk about murders in the USA . People murder with guns , knives , pills , clubs , hammers and all kindsa implements . Guns though allow a five foot , 100 pound women to protect herself from a 260 pound violent thug FWierdo .

Guns allow a coward to shoot, kill and maim scores of people in a matter of minutes.

Until recently they still had Yakuza using guns whenever they wanted or needed them......they had a gang war in 2006 that lasted 7 years and they used guns and grenades....Japan changed their laws...and they still get criminals using guns....

Yakuza Wars: Is Japan on Verge of New Wave of Gang Fighting?

According to Suzuki, contemporary mafia wars have become very different from what they used to be in the past after the government in recent years introduced very strict penalties for the use of both firearms and bladed-weapons.

-----

Nowadays, Yakuza gangs need to save their troops as even for a small-scale confrontation several of their members could get arrested. If in the past, killers would get no more than 10 years in prison and upon release they would get a high-ranking position; now they could be facing at least 30 years behind the bars, which means a person's life is essentially over and that changed things dramatically, Suzuki said.

Furthermore, new Japanese anti-gang rules now hold Yakuza bosses responsible for crimes committed by lower-status members of a criminal syndicate, said Atsushi Mizoguchi, another expert on the Japanese crime scene.

"So the bosses will be reluctant to get into a struggle," Mizoguchi told journalists during a press conference last year in Tokyo.

this is the important part of the link and on how you control gun crime...but any attempt to change sentences to longer terms are blocked by the democrats here in the United States.....Japan doesn't have a race hustling political party that keeps criminals on the streets......they lock up their criminals..and convict them 95% of the time if they are arrested....we won't do that...and we suffer for it...

now they could be facing at least 30 years behind the bars, which means a person's life is essentially over and that changed things dramatically, Suzuki said.

How Japan has almost eradicated gun crime - BBC News

Ever been to Japan? I have, much safer, nice country. Why? Well maybe because they actually give a damn about their people and their country.
What about crime in general?

Whether crime is committed with guns, knives, baseball bats, hammers, or screwdrivers is not really relevant.

Crime is still crime.

Would you rather face done a gun, or anyone of the items you listed? Me, I'd take my chances with the latter, the former gives one no chance.

If you have your own gun you have even better odds, especially considering most criminals will run away or surrender when faced with an armed civilian.

Especially if shots are fired. It would be interesting to see the stats on how many times just introducing a gun stopped a crime from happening.

All countries compared for Crime > Violent crime > Murder rate per million people

The top most violent 98 countries in the world already make guns illegal and it has not changed anything there.

And most US crime is committed in states like Calif and NYS which already limit or prohibit guns.

Most murders - Louisiana. They also lock the most people up. Apparently locking people up solves crime problems. Oh, you want fallacies, huh?
--------------------------------------------------------- and this talk about murders in the USA . People murder with guns , knives , pills , clubs , hammers and all kindsa implements . Guns though allow a five foot , 100 pound women to protect herself from a 260 pound violent thug FWierdo .

Guns allow a coward to shoot, kill and maim scores of people in a matter of minutes.

They also, where permitted, allow someone to shoot the coward before he kills and maims scores of people in a matter of minutes..

It's apparently a hard lesson for you people to learn.

Ever been to Japan? I have, much safer, nice country. Why? Well maybe because they actually give a damn about their people and their country.

Whether crime is committed with guns, knives, baseball bats, hammers, or screwdrivers is not really relevant.

Crime is still crime.

Would you rather face done a gun, or anyone of the items you listed? Me, I'd take my chances with the latter, the former gives one no chance.

If you have your own gun you have even better odds, especially considering most criminals will run away or surrender when faced with an armed civilian.

LOL, How long does it take to react, draw and fire when one has been surprised, and the Adrenalin has kicked in? Remember, the shooter has already begun to fire, or in a robbery, has already targeted the victim - armed or not?

Crime is still crime.

Especially if shots are fired. It would be interesting to see the stats on how many times just introducing a gun stopped a crime from happening.

Hmmm the number of armed police officers shot recently ought to provide some data.

And guns allow weaker and outnumbered law abiding citizens to fight off stronger, more aggressive and more numerous thugs.........

And considering the actual fact....in the 1990s we had 200 million guns in private hands and 4.7 million Americans carried guns for self defense in 1997, and in 2016 we now have 357-400 million guns in private hands and over 15 million Americans carrying guns for self defense...

and our gun murder rate went down 47%......that shows that law abiding Americans owning and carrying guns does not increase the gun murder rate....and studies show it helps lower the crime and murder rate......

That is a fact....and it destroys the primary argument that you and the other anti gunners have...

Crime is still crime.

LOL, How long does it take to react, draw and fire when one has been surprised, and the Adrenalin has kicked in? Remember, the shooter has already begun to fire, or in a robbery, has already targeted the victim - armed or not?

Yeah....keep pushing that lie....I have linked to story after story of people with little to no training, often beaten and tied up, who manage to get to their guns and drive off, if not injure and kill their atttackers.........so you are lying, and haven't done your research....

Crime is still crime.

Hmmm the number of armed police officers shot recently ought to provide some data.

The people shooting police......are already legally banned from owning, buying and carrying guns......the problem...they normally have already been arrested on felony gun charges....and in Japan they would actually be in prison 10 years or 30 years and wouldn't be on the street....you morons keep telling us locking up violent criminals doesn't work.....but ignore that that is exactly what the japanese do to keep their violent crime in check.

Crime is still crime.

Yes. He's firing at THEM. YOU are firing at HIM.

2+2=

Crime is still crime.

Would you rather face a gun, or anyone of the items you listed? Me, I'd take my chances with the latter, the former give's one no chance.
May a good guy with a gun not help you one day.....

The left wing anti gunners don't really want to do what the Japanese do to keep our gun murder rate down.....they are the ones who tell us that locking up violent criminals doesn't work...........and then point to Japan as their model.....not realizing that the way the Japanese keep violent criminals from committing crime...is to lock them up for 30 years at a whack.....and allowing the police to stop and search anyone they want for any reason they want...and allow their prosecutors to interrogate criminals without legal representation and force them to sign confessions....and the Japanese judges allow it to happen, with full knowledge....

And then the left wingers tell us that locking up violent criminals won't work.

The reason Japan's crime rate is so low is simple......

Japan is populated by Japanese

Crime is still crime.

It is, then again Japan's crime is lower than the US's crime too.

Murder rates are much lower.
Countries Compared by Crime > Total crimes per 1000. International Statistics at NationMaster.com

US has 41.29 compared to Japan's 22.39.

Problem always is that crime is different in different countries.

List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia

Japan's murder rate is 0.3 compared to the US's 3.9, I mean, a murder rate 13 times higher, well, not that much, is it? No....

13 times higher. Hmm. Japans suicide rate is one of the highest in the world. They aren't killing themselves with guns, but they are just as dead.

Could it be that a country's culture is the true barometer of what happens there?

Mark

And yet.....as more Americans buy guns...our violent crime rate...as well as our gun murder rate, have gone down....

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Forum List

Back