Interesting Article by an Interesting Analyst.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bodhisattva, Sep 25, 2011.

1. bodhisattva

bodhisattva BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I happened to come across an article by a political analyst Derek Hunter which reflects my views 100%. I don't recall reading his other articles, but I am looking forward to it. Perhaps you might find his article as interesting as I did. The following is his link:

It's Mourning in America - Derek Hunter - Townhall Conservative

2. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,913
    Most liberals are going to blame Bush and say the stimulus was too small. We need to a lot of research on the liberal gene and find a way to inform the future parents.

3. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    "...the “solutions” being offered by the White House are a doubling down on the failures of the past. The unprecedented reckless spending that led to the first-ever downgrade of the nation’s credit rating has been met not with introspection and a new approach, but with calls for more spending."

4. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    Do you ever think? There is no playbook solution to the fuck up that was George W. Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh.

5. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    The snag is of course is McCain would have done much of the same things, presidents run the economy from the same playbook, regardless of party affiliation. And presidents may only implement the policies Congress will allow.

The author makes the same mistake as most partisan conservatives in that presidents have little short-term impact on the economy – we often don’t see the result of a given president’s policies until years, perhaps decades, after those policies are implemented.

Given the severe and comprehensive damage the economy sustained after the December 2007 recession, there’s little or nothing Obama could have done to further ‘damage’ the economy: one can’t make a disaster out of a disaster. And any effort to ‘fix’ such a devastated economy – by Obama, McCain, Bush, or Reagan, for that matter - would be utterly futile.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. norcal21jg

norcal21jg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmm

7. Firehorse

Firehorse Free Thinker

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +77
    So Obama followed the playbook of Bush ... Got it ... And Clinton was only able to balance the budget because the Pub congress allowed it ... Alright, if you say so

8. DontBeStupid

DontBeStupid Look it up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +422
    Fun read by a true partisan hack. He seems to be of the opinion that since things are bad now, and Obama is President, Obama is responsible for every bad thing. Despite this, he offers ZERO evidence to support his opinion and offers ZERO examples of what Obama did to make things worse.

Like I said, it was fun to read a piece by someone who was bent on only trying to assign blame, but over all, it's crap.

9. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    If McCain would have done the same thing why do you support Obama? I thought everyone who voted for him wanted change.

Presidential administrations actually have quite a bit impact on short term economic cycles. it is the long term ones they have difficulty managing. Reagan's policies had enough immediate impact on the economy that he was able to get reelected based on them, and the fact that everyone could see that things were getting better. Obama's, on the other hand, have failed miserably.

10. DontBeStupid

DontBeStupid Look it up!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +422
    Hmm. Obama's policies failed miserably huh? So, we lost the auto industry? We have 11% unemployment? The economy is shrinking? Fewer people have health insurance?

No?

Hmm.