Intercepted communications part of Trump-Russian probe.

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
Report: Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Trump Probe

Authorities are examining intercepted Russian communications and financial transactions as part of their investigation into whether President-elect Donald Trump’s team received any aid from Moscow, The New York Times reported Thursday. No further details on the intercepted communications were provided, and it’s unclear if they even concerned Trump or his campaign. Several of Trump’s current and former advisers have raised eyebrows with their friendly ties to Moscow, including Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, who has been photographed rubbing elbows with Vladimir Putin. Manafort, who is reportedly under scrutiny as part of the investigation, told the NYT on Thursday that allegations he was working for or with Russia are “completely false.” “I have never had any relationship with the Russian government or any Russian officials. I was never in contact with anyone, or directed anyone to be in contact with anyone,” he said.

……………………………………………………….

While one official told the NYT that some intercepted communications had already been provided to the White House, a spokesperson for Trump’s transition team said they were not informed of any such investigation. The report cited six current and former officials who spoke on condition of anonymity and said they were speaking out because they worry Trump will stop the investigation once he takes office Friday.

Now they are starting to dig deeper into the Russian-Trump relationship. Still, it is a little early to start shouting, "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"

"No further details on the intercepted communications were provided, and it’s unclear if they even concerned Trump or his campaign."

IOW, fake news.

Authorities are examining intercepted Russian communications and financial transactions as part of their investigation into whether President-elect Donald Trump’s team received any aid from Moscow, The New York Times reported Thursday. No further details on the intercepted communications were provided, and it’s unclear if they even concerned Trump or his campaign. Several of Trump’s current and former advisers have raised eyebrows with their friendly ties to Moscow, including Carter Page, Paul Manafort, and retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn, who has been photographed rubbing elbows with Vladimir Putin. Manafort, who is reportedly under scrutiny as part of the investigation, told the NYT on Thursday that allegations he was working for or with Russia are “completely false.” “I have never had any relationship with the Russian government or any Russian officials. I was never in contact with anyone, or directed anyone to be in contact with anyone,” he said.

……………………………………………………….

While one official told the NYT that some intercepted communications had already been provided to the White House, a spokesperson for Trump’s transition team said they were not informed of any such investigation. The report cited six current and former officials who spoke on condition of anonymity and said they were speaking out because they worry Trump will stop the investigation once he takes office Friday.

Now they are starting to dig deeper into the Russian-Trump relationship. Still, it is a little early to start shouting, "LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"

investigation into whether President-elect Donald Trump’s team received any aid from Moscow,

Is this like the aid Reagan got from the Iranians in 1980? Holding the hostages?

Bush took that SR-71 flight to Tehran, didn't he?

"LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!"

Dude, seek help

desktop-1419886289.jpg

investigation into whether President-elect Donald Trump’s team received any aid from Moscow,

Is this like the aid Reagan got from the Iranians in 1980? Holding the hostages?

Bush took that SR-71 flight to Tehran, didn't he?

There's no evidence at all that there's any "there" there, but that won't stop us from breathlessly reporting our fake news!

……………………………………………………….

all your base.jpg

"No further details on the intercepted communications were provided, and it’s unclear if they even concerned Trump or his campaign."

IOW, fake news.

so you say Comrade...
jim.....the guy is president....nothing you post here is going to make a difference....you are just making yourself look like the male version of tiger.....is that what you want?...

Hey, let's wait and see where this goes. I think we need to give the intelligence agencies to do their job. If Comrade Trump steps in and put a stop to it, someone in one of the intelligence agencies will let the press know. If he does place a hold on the investigation, it could be akin to Nixon trying to block investigation into Watergate.

Maybe there is nothing there, maybe there is. Let's just wait and see. Or are you afraid?

Donald Trump Returns
Monday, September 21, 2015 | posted by Hugh Hewitt

The GOP frontrunner returned to the program today:

Audio:

09-21hhs-trump

Transcript:
[...]
HH: Interesting conversation. Again, I think Tapper did a wonderful job, and he was talking to you about Putin, and Dana did a wonderful job as well. Now Putin eats oligarchs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

DT: Right.
HH: What makes you different from a Russian oligarch, that you’ll be able to take him on?

DT: Well, I just think we’re going to, look, first of all, the oligarchs are under his control, to a large extent. I mean, he can destroy them, and he has destroyed some of them. And you know, with me, it doesn’t make any difference. I was in Moscow not so long ago for an event that we had, a big event, and many of his people were there. It was the Miss Universe contest, which I actually sold, which worked out incredibly well for me. I sold it last week, the Miss Universe pageant. And two weeks ago, it was a tremendous, we made a tremendous deal on it. And two weeks ago, I was in Moscow, I mean, two years ago, I was in Moscow. And a lot of the people, Hugh, they were there, and they had an amazing time. And they’re terrific people. You know, I was getting along with them so great. I really loved my weekend, I called it my weekend in Moscow. But I was with the top level people, both oligarchs and generals, and top of the government people. I can’t go further than that, but I will tell you that I met the top people, and the relationship was extraordinary. And we just don’t have relationships in this country. You know, relationship is very important, whether it’s congressmen or whether it’s senators, or you know, whatever it may be. Relationship is a very important element, and we don’t have it in this country anymore. You know, you can talk about Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan, and you can talk about it, there was two people that were very different in terms of their views, but they got along, and they got things done. We don’t have that anymore, Hugh, which is a problem.
[...]

Donald Trump Returns « The Hugh Hewitt Show

:eusa_whistle:

Donald Trump Returns
Monday, September 21, 2015 | posted by Hugh Hewitt

The GOP frontrunner returned to the program today:

Audio:

09-21hhs-trump

Transcript:
[...]
HH: Interesting conversation. Again, I think Tapper did a wonderful job, and he was talking to you about Putin, and Dana did a wonderful job as well. Now Putin eats oligarchs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

DT: Right.
HH: What makes you different from a Russian oligarch, that you’ll be able to take him on?

DT: Well, I just think we’re going to, look, first of all, the oligarchs are under his control, to a large extent. I mean, he can destroy them, and he has destroyed some of them. And you know, with me, it doesn’t make any difference. I was in Moscow not so long ago for an event that we had, a big event, and many of his people were there. It was the Miss Universe contest, which I actually sold, which worked out incredibly well for me. I sold it last week, the Miss Universe pageant. And two weeks ago, it was a tremendous, we made a tremendous deal on it. And two weeks ago, I was in Moscow, I mean, two years ago, I was in Moscow. And a lot of the people, Hugh, they were there, and they had an amazing time. And they’re terrific people. You know, I was getting along with them so great. I really loved my weekend, I called it my weekend in Moscow. But I was with the top level people, both oligarchs and generals, and top of the government people. I can’t go further than that, but I will tell you that I met the top people, and the relationship was extraordinary. And we just don’t have relationships in this country. You know, relationship is very important, whether it’s congressmen or whether it’s senators, or you know, whatever it may be. Relationship is a very important element, and we don’t have it in this country anymore. You know, you can talk about Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan, and you can talk about it, there was two people that were very different in terms of their views, but they got along, and they got things done. We don’t have that anymore, Hugh, which is a problem.
[...]

Donald Trump Returns « The Hugh Hewitt Show

:eusa_whistle:

Let's see what they find....unless Trump blocks the investigation.

……………………………………………………….

This article was written prior to all Russian diplomats being thrown out of the country. A Russian diplomat is stating that he had contact within the Trump campaign.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/world/europe/trump-campaign-russia.html?_r=0

If Trump blocks an investigation--we'll know why, won't we. The media would have a hay-day with that one. Plus you've got investigative reporters working 24 hours a day 7 days a week looking for that Pulitzer prize, that Trump won't be able to stop.

I think they'll probably subpoenas Trump's income tax returns, if he doesn't turn them over.
Senate Committee May Use Subpoenas in Russian Hacking Investigation

Last edited:
Trump will shut this down as soon as he can.

Yup, I heard he was headed to the CIA today. He will, in the Nixon manner, make sure the evidence is killed. It is up to the press to keep this alive.

……………………………………………………….

This article was written prior to all Russian diplomats being thrown out of the country. A Russian diplomat is stating that he had contact within the Trump campaign.

If Trump blocks an investigation--we'll know why, won't we. The media would have a hay-day with that one. Plus you've got investigative reporters working 24 hours a day 7 days a week looking for that Pulitzer prize, that Trump won't be able to stop.

I think they'll probably subpoenas Trump's income tax returns, if he doesn't turn them over.

You underestimate Comrade Trump...

……………………………………………………….

A Russian diplomat is stating that he had contact within the Trump campaign.

That's awful!!!!!

Umm....why is it awful?

Forum List

Back