Interbreeding between Jews and Muslims: The answer

Kathianne said:
Compared to Luthern, Episcopalian, and Presbyterian, I find the Catholic services not only absent of cultism, but rather devoid of a 'message' other than Christians are one and we need to serve others.

From the Protestant denominations, there is much more a sense of 'community' and 'need to belong.' I don't know about anyone else, but that is much more likely to lead to 'cultism' than the former.

IMHO, any type of 'group' that requires you to think and believe certain things in order to belong is a cult. Including my employer. In fact, anyone who doesn't comply with my line of thinking is totally brainwashed. It's true. Really. :laugh:

Said1 said:
IMHO, any type of 'group' that requires you to think and believe certain things in order to belong is a cult. Including my employer. In fact, anyone who doesn't comply with my line of thinking is totally brainwashed. It's true. Really. :laugh:
Well now, I'm sure if I could coalesce what I think into a coherent statement, the world would be better off. Unfortuna†lely that's not likely. :laugh:

Kathianne said:
Well now, I'm sure if I could coalesce what I think into a coherent statement, the world would be better off. Unfortuna†lely that's not likely. :laugh:

What does 'coalesce' mean? Seriously, I'm not being fatcetious.

Said1 said:
What does 'coalesce' mean? Seriously, I'm not being fatcetious.
Never would think that. Bring together into a coherent whole? How's that?

Kathianne said:
Compared to Luthern, Episcopalian, and Presbyterian, I find the Catholic services not only absent of cultism, but rather devoid of a 'message' other than Christians are one and we need to serve others.

From the Protestant denominations, there is much more a sense of 'community' and 'need to belong.' I don't know about anyone else, but that is much more likely to lead to 'cultism' than the former.

Actually, the various doctrines of infallibility are much more concrete evidence of totalitarian tendency, despite your anecdotal evidence.

rtwngAvngr said:
Actually, the various doctrines of infallibility are much more concrete evidence of totalitarian tendency, despite your anecdotal evidence.

regarding infallibility with the Catholic Church, I gave you NO anecdotal evidence, I gave you a site that explains the doctrine. If you feel like looking for the more scholarly explanations, good luck:

http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm

Kathianne said:
regarding infallibility with the Catholic Church, I gave you NO anecdotal evidence, I gave you a site that explains the doctrine. If you feel like looking for the more scholarly explanations, good luck:

http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm

No. your anecdotal evidence was the "sense of community" you felt at protestant churches, which someone how leads to cultishness. I say doctrines of infallibilty are much more concrete evidence of such, and they're in the catholic church.

Does this link actually support the existence of the doctrine of infallibility like the last one did? I'm not clicking it until you go through it and find the part the says the doctrine of infallibility no longer exists, and quote it here. Don't waste my time. I'm very important.

rtwngAvngr said:
No. your anecdotal evidence was the "sense of community" you felt at protestant churches, which someone how leads to cultishness. I say doctrines of infallibilty are much more concrete evidence of such, and they're in the catholic church.

Does this link actually support the existence of the doctrine of infallibility like the last one did? I'm not clicking it until you go through it and find the part the says the doctrine of infallibility no longer exists, and quote it here. Don't waste my time. I'm very important.
I felt no 'sense of community', I felt pressured to 'join and experience the sense of community', their choice of words.

While I can and do bash the church for many things, I personally like the idea that 'community' is the world, not the one building, sect, and congregation.

As for the 'infallibility' deal, it does not extend to the clergy in general, as your 'important' self put out. It has limited applicability as the site explained, the last time it was 'used' was in the 1950's.

Kathianne said:
I felt no 'sense of community', I felt pressured to 'join and experience the sense of community', their choice of words.

While I can and do bash the church for many things, I personally like the idea that 'community' is the world, not the one building, sect, and congregation.

As for the 'infallibility' deal, it does not extend to the clergy in general, as your 'important' self put out. It has limited applicability as the site explained, the last time it was 'used' was in the 1950's.

again, from wikipedia. I see nothing saying these doctrines are no more. Considering this, the catholic church is more dictatorial than protestant denominations, despite your anecdotal "pressure to join"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infallibility_of_the_church
Infallibility in the Catholic Church

The Catholic Church teaches three sources of Infallible teachings: Sacred Tradition, Sacred Scripture, and the Sacred Magisterium.

The Magisterium (from the Latin, magister, "teacher") is the teaching office of the Roman Catholic Church. Roman Catholic theology divides the functions of the teaching office of the Church into two categories: the infallible Sacred Magisterium and the non-infallible Ordinary Magisterium. The infallible Sacred Magisterium includes the teachings of papal infallibility, of Ecumenical Councils (traditionally expressed in conciliar canons and decrees), and of the ordinary and universal Magisterium. (Despite its name, the ordinary and universal Magisterium falls under the infallible Sacred Magisterium.)

Examples of infallible papal definitions (and, hence, of teachings of the sacred magisterium) are Pius IX's definition of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, and Pius XII's definition of the Assumption of Mary. Examples of infallible Conciliar decrees include the Council of Trent's decree on justification, and Vatican I's definition of papal infallibility. Examples of infallible teachings of the ordinary and universal Magisterium are harder to point to, since these are not contained in any one specific document, but are the common teachings found among the Bishops dispersed through the world yet united with the Pope.

I've seen nothing to support your side but your hysterical half-baked assertions.

rtwngAvngr said:
again, from wikipedia. I see nothing saying these doctrines are no more. Considering this, the catholic church is more dictatorial than protestant denominations, despite your anecdotal "pressure to join"

I've seen nothing to support your side but your hysterical half-baked assertions.

Hysterical? Hardly. That would be accompanied by making accusations I haven't any basis for. When it comes to other religions, which I've by no means looked into in depth, all I have is anecdotal. In truth, the protestant denominations I've experienced, have more to do with where I live, than the 'denominations' themselves.

As for the Catholic church, I doubt one could say what I've written here or over the years, would be a great 'recruitment' basis. For the most part, the idea of 'less rules' church appeals to me, just not in actuality, at least so far.

If I do get a bit defensive here, I would chalk it up to what some write as 'just assumed' and others write to be nasty. Of course, those takes are in the eye of the receiver. On the other hand, interesting how fast the majority takes offense at any mention of other perspectives.

Kathianne said:
Hysterical? Hardly. That would be accompanied by making accusations I haven't any basis for. When it comes to other religions, which I've by no means looked into in depth, all I have is anecdotal. In truth, the protestant denominations I've experienced, have more to do with where I live, than the 'denominations' themselves.

As for the Catholic church, I doubt one could say what I've written here or over the years, would be a great 'recruitment' basis. For the most part, the idea of 'less rules' church appeals to me, just not in actuality, at least so far.

If I do get a bit defensive here, I would chalk it up to what some write as 'just assumed' and others write to be nasty. Of course, those takes are in the eye of the receiver. On the other hand, interesting how fast the majority takes offense at any mention of other perspectives.

Exactly !!!----like when someone questions anything Jewish. BAM--your a Nazi!

dilloduck said:
Exactly !!!----like when someone questions anything Jewish. BAM--your a Nazi!
And when anyone says anything pro-Israel or anti-Palestinian---BAM you are part of the NWO, and whatever that word is? Something to do with fake leather?

Kathianne said:
And when anyone says anything pro-Israel or anti-Palestinian---BAM you are part of the NWO, and whatever that word is? Something to do with fake leather?

Good point---stop it RW !

Forum List

Back