Ins refunds - thanks Mr President

? Thanks To Obamacare, You Might Be Getting An Insurance Refund

In a story that’s bound to send Republicans straight into the spin cycle, it was announced on Thursday that insurance companies will be refunding Americans $332 million because they’ve been overcharging them for healthcare.

A generally ignored by Fox News part of the Affordable Care Act (aka, Obamacare) mandates that insurance companies spend at least $.80 of every dollar on *gulp* healthcare. The other $.20 can go toward administrative costs and all the other perks that CEOs of giant insurance companies enjoy. The law is even stricter when the policy is sold to a large employer, with a full 85 percent needing to go to healthcare. In other words, anti-Obamacare people, your insurance company is not charging you more because of Obamacare.

The refunds, which will be mailed to about 6.8 million customers, are set to go out by August 1st. Some will have the option of taking a credit toward future premiums instead.

As I've posted before, we got two refunds last year.

Its about frikken time the insurance consumer got what we pay for.

Thank you, Mr President.

The last time they did a refund, my check was like $1.42.

You probably made that up but if it were true, if you didn't spend it, you can't get it refunded. Count your blessings that you're so healthy.

Guess what? Guesswhatguesswhat???!! C'mon, guess!

The MANDATE part was the REPUBLICANS' idea!! :lol: Yup yup...

Obama opposed the mandates and the republicans didn't vote for the PPACA. Try harder

Obama flip-flops on requiring people to buy health care | PolitiFact

The republicans were a part of the committee that created the ACA. They insisted that the mandates were added in. Then the bill went to the floor and the numbnuts refused to approve it.

You trolls are getting desperate.

The republicans were a part of the committee that created the ACA. They insisted that the mandates were added in. Then the bill went to the floor and the numbnuts refused to approve it.

The ACA was written by Insurance Companies NOT Congress.

Proof: House Majority Leader Nancy Pelosi didn't know what was in it.

Pelosi didn't say that. That line was lifted out of context.

But, its true that congress does not write bills - lobbyists do. Our laws are written by the highest bidders.

? Thanks To Obamacare, You Might Be Getting An Insurance Refund

As I've posted before, we got two refunds last year.

Its about frikken time the insurance consumer got what we pay for.

Thank you, Mr President.

You probably made that up but if it were true, if you didn't spend it, you can't get it refunded. Count your blessings that you're so healthy.

I have only ever gotten one refund. It has been over a year since I got it, and it was $1.42. I have no idea what you mean about "if you didn't spend it, you can't get it refunded." I pay for my own insurance 100% out of my own pocket.

Why should I count by "blessings" that I am healthy? I eat tolerably well, live an active lifestyle, and don't run to the doctor to get a pill every time I have the least little pain or sneeze.

Guess what? Guesswhatguesswhat???!! C'mon, guess!

The MANDATE part was the REPUBLICANS' idea!! :lol: Yup yup...

Obama opposed the mandates and the republicans didn't vote for the PPACA. Try harder

Obama flip-flops on requiring people to buy health care | PolitiFact

Talk about desperate--blaming the people who didn't even vote for the bill for what is in the bill that the people who passed it wrote into it is classic denial. It is well documented that Obama opposed the mandates and Harry Reid and company refused to compromise on them.

I have only ever gotten one refund. It has been over a year since I got it, and it was $1.42. I have no idea what you mean about "if you didn't spend it, you can't get it refunded." I pay for my own insurance 100% out of my own pocket.

Why should I count by "blessings" that I am healthy? I eat tolerably well, live an active lifestyle, and don't run to the doctor to get a pill every time I have the least little pain or sneeze.

The definition of "refund" means you must have spent it. If you did ot first spend it, it would be called a gift.

"Count your blessings" because, if you were refunded hundreds or thousands, it would mean you had overpaid hundreds or thousands. Usually, the reason for paying hundreds or thousands is illness.

The source of the refunds in the OP is from the 80% mandate of ObamaCare that insurance companies overcharged the consumer.

The definition of "refund" means you must have spent it. If you did ot first spend it, it would be called a gift.

"Count your blessings" because, if you were refunded hundreds or thousands, it would mean you had overpaid hundreds or thousands. Usually, the reason for paying hundreds or thousands is illness.

The source of the refunds in the OP is from the 80% mandate of ObamaCare that insurance companies overcharged the consumer.

The only refund I ever got was related to them over-collecting some compliance related fee in the ramp up to the PPACA going into full effect. I have not been to the medical doctor in a few years so the refund was not related to me spending on anything other than my health insurance premium.

But, its true that congress does not write bills - lobbyists do. Our laws are written by the highest bidders.

Pelosi did in fact say that we had to pass the bill to know what was in it (one of the dumber statements made by a politician in recent memory)...lifted out of context? You folks continue to amuse!

The ACA was written behind locked doors by Democrats. Don't even TRY to blame what's in it on Republicans. They didn't want anything to do with the thing. The debacle that IS the ACA is Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama's "baby". They created it...AND THEY OWN IT!!!

Pelosi did in fact say that we had to pass the bill to know what was in it (one of the dumber statements made by a politician in recent memory)...lifted out of context? You folks continue to amuse!

The ACA was written behind locked doors by Democrats. Don't even TRY to blame what's in it on Republicans. They didn't want anything to do with the thing. The debacle that IS the ACA is Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama's "baby". They created it...AND THEY OWN IT!!!

The ACA was originally written by the rightwing Heritage Foundation and presented by Republicans as the alternative to "HilaryCare" back in the 1990's.

Original document where Heritage created Obamacare individual mandate

Original 1989 document where Heritage Foundation created Obamacare’s individual mandate

Republicans are on a renewed kick to try to repeal, or at least delay (in the hopes of killing), the “individual mandate” that’s included in the President’s health care reform law, aka the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.

The irony, of course, is that it was Republicans, via their premiere think tank, the Heritage Foundation, who came up with the idea in the first place.

The ACA was originally written by the rightwing Heritage Foundation and presented by Republicans as the alternative to "HilaryCare" back in the 1990's.

Original 1989 document where Heritage Foundation created Obamacare’s individual mandate

Republicans are on a renewed kick to try to repeal, or at least delay (in the hopes of killing), the “individual mandate” that’s included in the President’s health care reform law, aka the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.

The irony, of course, is that it was Republicans, via their premiere think tank, the Heritage Foundation, who came up with the idea in the first place.

....and that the republicans never passed the thing might give you a clue as to what they thought of the Heritage Foundation's work on it. The democrats have been pushing for healthcare longer than I have been alive. It was one the things that divided Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter.

....and that the republicans never passed the thing might give you a clue as to what they thought of the Heritage Foundation's work on it. The democrats have been pushing for healthcare longer than I have been alive. It was one the things that divided Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter.

The Heritage Foundation health plan became RomneyCare. Sure sounds like the Republicans liked it enough back then.

Interesting concept...the Heritage Foundation is now the Republicans? They are an independent think tank...they are not the Republican Party nor are they Republican politicians.

Once again...the ACA was written by progressive Democrats behind closed doors. Nancy, Harry and Barry OWN this piece of legislation...with all of it's warts and blemishes.

Interesting concept...the Heritage Foundation is now the Republicans? They are an independent think tank...they are not the Republican Party nor are they Republican politicians.

Once again...the ACA was written by progressive Democrats behind closed doors. Nancy, Harry and Barry OWN this piece of legislation...with all of it's warts and blemishes.

Republican Senator Jim De Mint is now the President of the Heritage Foundation.

The Heritage Foundation wrote the original ACA, the Republicans touted it as the alternative to HilaryCare and it was implemented as RomneyCare.

Those facts are indisputable and nothing can make them disappear.

The Heritage Foundation health plan became RomneyCare. Sure sounds like the Republicans liked it enough back then.

The only reason Massachusetts enacted it was because they were being forced by the federal government to overhaul their system or lose medicaid funding completely in the state because the participation rates were too low, and the last time I checked, Massachusetts was not a republican stronghold.

Republican Senator Jim De Mint is now the President of the Heritage Foundation.

The Heritage Foundation wrote the original ACA, the Republicans touted it as the alternative to HilaryCare and it was implemented as RomneyCare.

Those facts are indisputable and nothing can make them disappear.

Some Republicans touted it as the alternative to HillaryCare but it was never approved by the majority of Republicans. RomneyCare was written by the Democratically controlled State House in Massachusetts...Mitt Romney had some say in what it contained but to call it "HIS" is an amusingly inaccurate portrayal of the "facts".

Forum List

Back