InfoWars Ban: CNN, Democrats Successfully Lobby Big Tech To Censor Their Critics...

It's clear that the NRA and white supremicists and Jones can't find the capital to start their own social media platforms. (-:
They shouldn't need to, just like all the hate speech the left throws out there, the right should be afforded the same opportunities, no?

Also, public accomodation laws.....
Don’t worry. You still have AM radio, FAUX News, thousands of blogs and websites putting out right wing propaganda and hatred 24/7, 365 days a year like a fire hose. You can still go to Alex Jones on the web to get your fill of insanity.

CNN, NBC, NY Times, and numerous other Democrat media outlets, spew Fake News and hate on a daily basis. From constantly screeching about Trump being a 'Nazi' and 'Racist', to viciously attacking his family. It certainly isn't credible News. Yet no Democrat media is being censored or banned. It isn't right.

It also isn't reality. If it were you could cite examples.
Absent that it's just paranoid bullshit.

And it's not lost that you "forget" to mention Fox Noise, Brent Bozo, Dimbart, the Moonie Times, the Exuminer, the Islamophobe sites, Hateway Pundit and Alex John Brinkley Jones himself with the "poor me" song and dance.
It's just dshrute bs. His agenda is "deeep sttttaate."

He's equating Cnn and CBS with social media. Generally they DON"T WANT to be on social media, because of adverstiser dollars, as opposed to info wars that depends on it. Which is why hid fucking panties are in wad to begin with.

Nor does he mention Fox.

I can't think of a liberal one person wingnut site like Jones. Maybe there is one, and I don't notice it, which I probably wouldn't. I only know of Jones because of the hate he espouses. Nation of Islam? Do they have their own media? I'm sure the NRA could have 24 hour media events broadcast in broadband if they wanted.

No one spews more Fake News and hate than Democrat Media. Tune into CNN or NBC right now, i'm sure there's a Democrat nutjob on there completely making up Fake News. That, and viciously attacking Trump and his family. It isn't credible news. If any media should be censored and banned, it should be Democrat Media.

They shouldn't need to, just like all the hate speech the left throws out there, the right should be afforded the same opportunities, no?

Don’t worry. You still have AM radio, FAUX News, thousands of blogs and websites putting out right wing propaganda and hatred 24/7, 365 days a year like a fire hose. You can still go to Alex Jones on the web to get your fill of insanity.

CNN, NBC, NY Times, and numerous other Democrat media outlets, spew Fake News and hate on a daily basis. From constantly screeching about Trump being a 'Nazi' and 'Racist', to viciously attacking his family. It certainly isn't credible News. Yet no Democrat media is being censored or banned. It isn't right.

And it's not lost that you "forget" to mention Fox Noise, Brent Bozo, Dimbart, the Moonie Times, the Exuminer, the Islamophobe sites, Hateway Pundit and Alex John Brinkley Jones himself with the "poor me" song and dance.

He's equating Cnn and CBS with social media. Generally they DON"T WANT to be on social media, because of adverstiser dollars, as opposed to info wars that depends on it. Which is why hid fucking panties are in wad to begin with.

Nor does he mention Fox.

I can't think of a liberal one person wingnut site like Jones. Maybe there is one, and I don't notice it, which I probably wouldn't. I only know of Jones because of the hate he espouses. Nation of Islam? Do they have their own media? I'm sure the NRA could have 24 hour media events broadcast in broadband if they wanted.

No one spews more Fake News and hate than Democrat Media. Tune into CNN or NBC right now, i'm sure there's a Democrat nutjob on there completely making up Fake News. That, and viciously attacking Trump and his family. It isn't credible news. If any media should be censored and banned, it should be Democrat Media.
none of them reported 71 blacks shot in Chicago last weekend with 14 dead. Now that's news. so the fact they don't give out actual news is fake in itself.

Nor does he mention Fox.

I'm sure the DNC has a website, and the RNC does too, but outside of that there ain't no "political mass media" as your comic book fantasies would have you swallow. Our electronic mass media is staunchly and irretrievably commercial and has been since the 1920s. That means milking audience for ad dollars. It does not mean taking political positions. Nobody makes a damn dime from an ideology, including Alex John Brinkley Jones. They make many a dime by ensnaring gullible fools into watching them and then selling them Vi@gra, or fast foods, or in the case of Alex John Brinkley Jones, goat testicle pills. THAT is what they're in it for.

HAHAAHAH and these guys whined we needed Net Neutrality.......and then they are the ones who are banning people and sites....ironic and it reinforces the fact they are commies, fascists, and all the other leftwing bullshit.

Says the people who want football players fired because of a peacful kneeling protest against government abuses .

That’s a really good point.
No it's not, football is not about social justice, keep it separate, in fact you guys don't know shit about the sport. Let us football fans handle it.

Nor does he mention Fox.

I'm sure the DNC has a website, and the RNC does too, but outside of that there ain't no "political mass media" as your comic book fantasies would have you swallow. Our electronic mass media is staunchly and irretrievably commercial and has been since the 1920s. That means milking audience for ad dollars. It does not mean taking political positions. Nobody makes a damn dime from an ideology, including Alex John Brinkley Jones. They make many a dime by ensnaring gullible fools into watching them and then selling them Vi@gra, or fast foods, or in the case of Alex John Brinkley Jones, goat testicle pills. THAT is what they're in it for.
That is utter bullshit.
They have been leftwing for 40 years. they used to try and pretend to be objective
CBS and Dan Rather and his fake documents
NBC blowing up a truck because they didn't like the design
The brutal attacks of Sara Palin and the zero coverage of Obama (his past, people, books, ideas) outside of standard democrat boilerplate was the start of the no objectivity. They scrutinized the VP republican candidate WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the democrat Presidential candidate
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

Nor does he mention Fox.

That is utter bullshit.
They have been leftwing for 40 years. they used to try and pretend to be objective
The brutal attacks of Sara Palin and the zero coverage of Obama (his past, people, books, ideas) outside of standard democrat boilerplate was the start of the no objectivity. They scrutinized the VP republican candidate WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the democrat Presidential candidate
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

Democrat Media is only about Fake News and hate at this point. Yet no censoring or banning it. It tells you everything about who's behind these bans.

Nor does he mention Fox.

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

No doubt you could, and it would still be :boo_hoo14:

CBS fired Dan Rather; NBC, no idea what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure trucks are not "left wing" or "right wing" ( :cuckoo: ); not sure what Sarah Palin attacked but that's on her; "zero coverage of O'bama" does not exist on this planet, also unknown are "the attacks on W". So if you could, y'know, go ahead and link that shit, that'd be great.

Once AGAIN --- nobody makes a damn dime from an ideology. They make it from selling you shit you don't need, which is what advertising is, which is set up by attention stories, the vast majority of which have zero to do with ANY kind of politics. Most of it has to do with fires and floods and wars and hurricanes and road rage and paternity tests and fake wrestling and naked people forced to eat bugs on an island and so-called 'celebrities' dancing and the personal lives of said 'celebrities' etc etc ad nauseum. It all gets attention, it all sells, and it all generates revenue. THAT is how it works.

Nor does he mention Fox.

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

CBS fired Dan Rather; NBC, no idea what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure trucks are not "left wing" or "right wing" ( :cuckoo: ); not sure what Sarah Palin attacked but that's on her; "zero coverage of O'bama" does not exist on this planet, also unknown are "the attacks on W". So if you could, y'know, go ahead and link that shit, that'd be great.

Once AGAIN --- nobody makes a damn dime from an ideology. They make it from selling you shit you don't need, which is what advertising is, which is set up by attention stories, the vast majority of which have zero to do with ANY kind of politics.

He was the anchor and was very leftwing, only when he actually produced fake documents did he get fired.
For NBC, it was dateline on saddle side gas tanks for trucks. It was in the 90s and they wanted them banned, so they couldn't get them to blow up under normal crashes, so they rigged them with explosives to blow up......these people have agendas and push them.

yes they do, George Stephanopolous worked for Bill Clinton and Richard Gephardt and no one ever has had an issue with it, but when Corey Leuwendowski was hired by CNN as not an anchor but as a contributor, the leftwing including the media went batshit....hmmmmmm

Nor does he mention Fox.

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

Once AGAIN --- nobody makes a damn dime from an ideology. They make it from selling you shit you don't need, which is what advertising is, which is set up by attention stories, the vast majority of which have zero to do with ANY kind of politics. Most of it has to do with fires and floods and wars and hurricanes and road rage and paternity tests and fake wrestling and naked people forced to eat bugs on an island and so-called 'celebrities' dancing and the personal lives of said 'celebrities' etc etc ad nauseum. It all gets attention, it all sells, and it all generates revenue. THAT is how it works.

Well, at least you're finally acknowledging that Democrat Media is Fake News and hate at this point. Progress at last.

Nor does he mention Fox.

It's really beyond even bs arguing. He sees no difference between Alex Jones,facebook and cbs broadcast "over the air" on fiber. But in this case it's actually not the message but the medium

The medium is the message - Wikipedia

That is not all medium are equal. Broadcast media operate by virtue of govt license for airwaves, which are a finite resource. There is a spectrum in which they can be broadcast.

Cable evolved. But then again, the number of transmissions through cable is finite depending upon the physical cable.

Then the internet arrived. Virtually (-: any loon can transmit himself. But that doesn't mean broadcast media or social media have some requirement to put him on.

Nor does he mention Fox.

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

Once AGAIN --- nobody makes a damn dime from an ideology. They make it from selling you shit you don't need, which is what advertising is, which is set up by attention stories, the vast majority of which have zero to do with ANY kind of politics.

He was the anchor and was very leftwing, only when he actually produced fake documents did he get fired.
For NBC, it was dateline on saddle side gas tanks for trucks. It was in the 90s and they wanted them banned, so they couldn't get them to blow up under normal crashes, so they rigged them with explosives to blow up......these people have agendas and push them.

yes they do, George Stephanopolous worked for Bill Clinton and Richard Gephardt and no one ever has had an issue with it, but when Corey Leuwendowski was hired by CNN as not an anchor but as a contributor, the leftwing including the media went batshit....hmmmmmm
And your point is that media that is licensed by the govt to be broadcast has bias?

No one prohibits Jones from seeking a FCC license

Nor does he mention Fox.

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

Well, at least you're finally acknowledging that Democrat Media is Fake News and hate at this point. Progress at last.

Son, I've been at this for some time. LOL but don't blame me for you're inability to tell CBS from Facebook from info wars from your head up your ass.

Nor does he mention Fox.

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

And you would have them fire him before producing the program, amirite?
SMH

That would be more sensational, although you didn't provide a link so I have my doubts it's even real....
--- but what the fuck does this have to do with "left" or "right" or politics at all?

Long as you bring up NBC though... didn't you find it interesting when that network was owned by GE? A contractor that makes both war toys and nuke generators, having its own resource that deals with news about wars and what leads to wars, and with nuclear power and its alternatives? Isn't that a corporate conflict of interest? How "left wing" is that?

Oh and guess what --- that period encompassed the 1990s.

Again ---- link?
I've been calling that all day. Have yet to see one.

Nor does he mention Fox.

It's really beyond even bs arguing. He sees no difference between Alex Jones,facebook and cbs broadcast "over the air" on fiber. But in this case it's actually not the message but the medium

That is not all medium are equal. Broadcast media operate by virtue of govt license for airwaves, which are a finite resource. There is a spectrum in which they can be broadcast.

Cable evolved. But then again, the number of transmissions through cable is finite depending upon the physical cable.

Then the internet arrived. Virtually (-: any loon can transmit himself. But that doesn't mean broadcast media or social media have some requirement to put him on.

I posed the question all day yesterday as to whether various posters thought YouTube (et al) OWES them a platform.

Nobody gave me an answer.

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

SMH

That would be more sensational, although you didn't provide a link so I have my doubts it's even real....
--- but what the fuck does this have to do with "left" or "right" or politics at all?

Long as you bring up NBC though... didn't you find it interesting when that network was owned by GE? A contractor that makes both war toys and nuke generators, having its own resource that deals with news about wars and what leads to wars, and with nuclear power and its alternatives? Isn't that a corporate conflict of interest? How "left wing" is that?

Again ---- link?

CBS- no, I'm just saying that's how partisan he was. Same with his new coverage....it showed.
NBC- you lefties need to know I don't make shit up. ever. I don't need to

NBC Admits It Rigged Crash, Settles GM Suit

The reason it's important is they have a point of view and will go to any lengths to enforce it.....that's not what news or objectivity is.

And being owned by GE doesn't mean anything.
NBC is owned by Comcast....doesn't mean Rachel Maddow is super capitalist now. I mean MSNC and NBC news are far left.
Same with Disney owning ABC
and Viacom owning CBS

Large corporations like big business since they can regulate out competition.........it's why the left = big govt and right = big business is laughable......because big govt and big business are really really good friends.

Nor does he mention Fox.

I posed the question all day yesterday as to whether various posters thought YouTube (et al) OWES them a platform.

Nobody gave me an answer.
Me too. And Rosy was not the only MIA.

I dunno. Trump's fake news cry? All facts contrary to opinion are ignored? All facts are not really facts because facts are weighted in terms of truth by individuals ... sometimes to reach opinions/conclusions, but then one opinion must be as valid as another, so all facts are equal, regardless of being capable of proof?

Like global warming? I have no scientific knowledge to make judgments myself, beyond acknowledging it is getting hotter and facts prove this .... why? There has to be a reason. So we make up reasons?

That is utter bullshit.
And the attacks on W.

I could go on and on.

SMH

Again ---- link?

CBS- no, I'm just saying that's how partisan he was. Same with his new coverage....it showed.
NBC- you lefties need to know I don't make shit up. ever. I don't need to

NBC Admits It Rigged Crash, Settles GM Suit

The reason it's important is they have a point of view and will go to any lengths to enforce it.....that's not what news or objectivity is.

And being owned by GE doesn't mean anything.
NBC is owned by Comcast....doesn't mean Rachel Maddow is super capitalist now. I mean MSNC and NBC news are far left.
Same with Disney owning ABC
and Viacom owning CBS

Large corporations like big business since they can regulate out competition.........it's why the left = big govt and right = big business is laughable......because big govt and big business are really really good friends.
And this makes Sandy Hook fiction?

Interesting, this is exactly why InfoWars was created in the first place. There is an Information War on, for your mind. I try to tell folks, no Communist/Democrat will ever stand for the Constitution. In fact, they despise it. This is just one more example of that. Don't like what they're saying? Have them banned. Hopefully this won't be allowed to stand. Gotta keep on fighting the bastards.

Big tech’s coordinated purge of InfoWars — which was hit by bans from Apple, Facebook, Spotify and YouTube in rapid succession — did not occur in a vacuum. On this issue, Silicon Valley bowed to CNN journalists and Democrat politicians who ceaselessly lobbied for the site to be censored.

It’s a sign of how the concentration of power in America has shifted from big government to big tech that politicians are now lobbying tech companies rather than the other way round, but that’s exactly what happened over the course of the past few months, as Democrats applied relentless pressure on Facebook and other Silicon Valley giants to censor InfoWars.

Chief among them was Democratic Congressman Ted Deutch (D-FL), who demanded that a Facebook representative “explain” their decision not to ban InfoWars at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on social media censorship last month. Calling Jones as “well-known conspiracy theorist” whose “brand is bullying,” Deutch also demanded Google’s representative explain how many strikes it would take for a channel on Google-owned YouTube to be deleted...

Read More:
InfoWars Ban - LewRockwell LewRockwell.com

Free market.

/end thread
is it free if you can ban people who say things you don't like?

/dumbass

Yes.

Companies are free to choose how they run their business -- what kind of content they allow on their platform.

Freedom to choose.

Consumers are free to spend their money on the products and services they choose--which internet platform they click on.

Less clicks will mean less money for these companies. They made a choice to take loss to clean up their brand.

Freedom.

Don't you love FREEDOM?

Forcing them to carry Alex Jones would be Government Regulations and Rules intruding on the Free Market. Get it?

It's all about Choice. Don't you love Choice?

I call your attention to Civics 101 - the first amendment protects you from GOVERNMENT censorship/bans (not a private businesses freely choosing their own brand and associations)

There is no first amendment issue here as Alex Cox has not been hindered by any Government authority/regulation.

They are attempting to link the decision to Democratic Reps -- very thin. Very weak. Pathetic. A few comments at a hearing. BFD.

If Alex Jones is banned, then why can I go on his site right now?

Fail.
ah but they are not a publisher, and as such they have no legal right to do it. It is time to sue their ass for acting as a publisher against what they filed their business license under. oops!!!!

Interesting point. Democrats really have opened a very nasty can of worms. Censorship and banning, leads you down a very slippery-slope. It effects everyone.

Nope. As Facebook isn't obligated to ban someone because you insist they must. They can take the posters on a case by case basis and apply their own judgment.

You keep approaching this from the perspective that they are bound to *your* interpretations. And must apply their rules in accordance of *you* deem consistent.

Nope. And if you disagree....who gives a shit? You're literally nobody in their decision making process.

Censorship is a legal term that describes government infringment of speech. Facebook ain't the government.

And as Alex Jones says himself in his OWN terms of service agreement, its not censorship if you can't follow the rules and your post gets deleted.

Free market.

/end thread

/dumbass

Yes.

Companies are free to choose how they run their business -- what kind of content they allow on their platform.

Freedom to choose.

Consumers are free to spend their money on the products and services they choose--which internet platform they click on.

Less clicks will mean less money for these companies. They made a choice to take loss to clean up their brand.

Freedom.

Don't you love FREEDOM?

Forcing them to carry Alex Jones would be Government Regulations and Rules intruding on the Free Market. Get it?

I call your attention to Civics 101 - the first amendment protects you from GOVERNMENT censorship/bans (not a private businesses freely choosing their own brand and associations)

There is no first amendment issue here as Alex Cox has not been hindered by any Government authority/regulation.

They are attempting to link the decision to Democratic Reps -- very thin. Very weak. Pathetic. A few comments at a hearing. BFD.

Fail.
ah but they are not a publisher, and as such they have no legal right to do it. It is time to sue their ass for acting as a publisher against what they filed their business license under. oops!!!!

Interesting point. Democrats really have opened a very nasty can of worms. Censorship and banning, leads you down a very slippery-slope. It effects everyone.

Nope. As Facebook isn't obligated to ban someone because you insist they must. They can take the posters on a case by case basis and apply their own judgment.

You keep approaching this from the perspective that they are bound to *your* interpretations. And must apply their rules in accordance of *you* deem consistent.

Nope. And if you disagree....who gives a shit? You're literally nobody in their decision making process.

Censorship is a legal term that describes government infringment of speech. Facebook ain't the government.

And as Alex Jones says himself in his OWN terms of service agreement, its not censorship if you can't follow the rules and your post gets deleted.

Get real.

B: Monopolizing trade a felony; penalty

"Every person who shall monopolize, or attempt to monopolize, or combine or conspire with any other person or persons, to monopolize any part of the trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding $10,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $350,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding three years, or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court."
"
https://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h760.html

/dumbass

Yes.

Freedom to choose.

Freedom.

Don't you love FREEDOM?

Fail.

Get real.

B: Monopolizing trade a felony; penalty

"Every person who shall monopolize, or attempt to monopolize, or combine or conspire with any other person or persons, to monopolize any part of the trade or commerce among the several States, or with foreign nations, shall be deemed guilty of a felony, and, on conviction thereof, shall be punished by fine not exceeding $10,000,000 if a corporation, or, if any other person, $350,000, or by imprisonment not exceeding three years, or by both said punishments, in the discretion of the court."
"
https://www.u-s-history.com/pages/h760.html

There's no monopoly on Jones content by Facebook. There are literally dozens of other outlets for it. Facebook doesn't carry it. But Jones does and others do.

And Jones makes millions off his videos and protein powders. You can download his content right now. You can order his snake oils right now.

So much for your 'monopoly' claims.

Even Jones shreds your 'monopoly' nonsense. By babbling about all the different social media outlets that stopped carrying his content. You can't have a monopoly AND all the different outlets at the same time.

Try again.

Forum List

Back