Indiana is for Bigots - video and Pence running for cover

That changes nothing. Doctors should not discriminate. Doctors are supposed to see people as human beings in need of healing. Being a doctor is much more important than being a baker. That is my point.

How does "being important" change the rights you have? A Jewish doctor shouldn't be forced to treat some Nazi death camp commandant and no doctor should be forced to treat any patient with a fatal contagious disease like HIV or Ebola. That should be strictly voluntary.

THAT is what doctors do. Just like firemen run to the fire instead of away. It's part of their job. Imagine a person is dying and a doctor refuses to treat that person because he or she is gay??? That's a rotten person, IMO. Rotten and that person should not be a doctor.

He may be a rotten person, but that isn't a crime. People have a right to be as rotten as they want to be. Forcing a doctor to treat Ebola patients is forcing them to take a massive risk with their own lives. That should be up to them, not some tyrannical law.

Not when you take an oath to heal. And if that's the case, that person should not be a doctor.

The oath has no legal force. It's purely feel-good propaganda.

It is not just "feel good" propaganda. It is an oath that every doctor takes.

As to your previous post, Jewish doctors DO care for injured Palestinians because their job is to heal and to put human life ahead of their personal opinions.

Once inside Israel s hospitals the terrorist becomes the patient The Times of Israel

Again, it could very well happen. Doctors are supposed to put healing before their own personal opinions. That is their job. Besides, I only said that such people have no business being doctors, and they don't because they wouldn't be very good doctors. Thankfully, most doctors are intelligent enough and dedicated enough that they wouldn't do that, but you never know.

Again ... It isn't happening ... It doesn't matter what imaginary crap you think might happen.
There are no doctors you think wouldn't be good doctors for not doing what they aren't doing to start with.

Instead of thinking the worst of people for no reason other than the desire to think of imaginary crap ... Why don't you spend your time building a corral for unicorns?
I mean there aren't any unicorns ... But there could be.

Last edited:
Again, it could very well happen. Doctors are supposed to put healing before their own personal opinions. That is their job. Besides, I only said that such people have no business being doctors, and they don't because they wouldn't be very good doctors. Thankfully, most doctors are intelligent enough and dedicated enough that they wouldn't do that, but you never know.

Again ... It isn't happening ... It doesn't matter what imaginary crap you think might happen.
There are no doctors you think wouldn't be good doctors for not doing what they aren't doing to start with.

Instead of thinking the worst of people for no reason other than the desire to think of imaginary crap ... Why don't you spend your time building a corral for unicorns?

Again . . . I said it could very well happen.

The worst of people is being demonstrated on this forum every single day.

To be fair the homosexuals are the largest faction of new AIDS cases being reported to the CDC. It's not intentional, it's being irresponsible and poor judgement

I think every single person on earth has, at least once (but most likely many times), been irresponsible and practiced poor judgment.

I agree and I'm simply pointing out a fact. If the gays are the faction with the most amount of new cases they are obviously using less judgement then the other groups.

Okay, but is that any reason why they can't have cake? :D

I guess it's up to the individual. If someone honestly feels they are going against their beliefs then yes they should be able to refuse. There are plenty of bakers, florists, etc out there, this is all nonsense and hopefully it will soon pass. Way too many really important issues face this nation and cakes for gays shouldn't be a priority, and it's not, it's being used as a distraction from the main issues

I agree that the government should not force a business owner to have to do business with a person he or she does not want to do business with, but I still think it's a really stupid business decision on the part of the owner. They aren't going to "catch the gay" by making a cake for a wedding or whatever.

Right, it is a distraction. That is why people need to get over this silly bigotry. Gay is not contagious. You aren't going to go to "hell" for baking a cake or whatever either, I'm quite sure. I don't see why they have to make such a big fuss over something so menial. People should be happy that the gay couple is willing to give THEM their business. That's just my opinion.
This is strictly a political issue and has nothing to do with religion. Among many Christian conservative politicians there is much "one- upmanship"; that is each is trying to out do the opposition. Does anyone really believe this law was necessary? Like businesses across the state really want to deny services to gays and have their business boycotted and become labelled a bigot. Businesses are in business to make money not make political statements.

Thirty law professors who are experts in religious freedom wrote in February that the Indiana law does not “mirror the language of the federal RFRA” and “will… create confusion, conflict, and a wave of litigation that will threaten the clarity of religious liberty rights in Indiana while undermining the state’s ability to enforce other compelling interests.

The Big Lie The Media Tells About Indiana’s New ‘Religious Freedom’ Law

Thirty law professors who are experts in religious freedom should know what they're talking about. Read their letter.

I think every single person on earth has, at least once (but most likely many times), been irresponsible and practiced poor judgment.

I agree and I'm simply pointing out a fact. If the gays are the faction with the most amount of new cases they are obviously using less judgement then the other groups.

I guess it's up to the individual. If someone honestly feels they are going against their beliefs then yes they should be able to refuse. There are plenty of bakers, florists, etc out there, this is all nonsense and hopefully it will soon pass. Way too many really important issues face this nation and cakes for gays shouldn't be a priority, and it's not, it's being used as a distraction from the main issues

I agree that the government should not force a business owner to have to do business with a person he or she does not want to do business with, but I still think it's a really stupid business decision on the part of the owner. They aren't going to "catch the gay" by making a cake for a wedding or whatever.

Right, it is a distraction. That is why people need to get over this silly bigotry. Gay is not contagious. You aren't going to go to "hell" for baking a cake or whatever either, I'm quite sure. I don't see why they have to make such a big fuss over something so menial. People should be happy that the gay couple is willing to give THEM their business. That's just my opinion.
This is strictly a political issue and has nothing to do with religion. Among many Christian conservative politicians there is much "one- upmanship"; that is each is trying to out do the opposition. Does anyone really believe this law was necessary? Like businesses across the state really want to deny services to gays and have their business boycotted and become labelled a bigot. Businesses are in business to make money not make political statements.

I don't know about that. I think there are quite a few conservatives that really are bigots. I mean, just read some of the posts here. Some of them are just outright ignorant and disgusting, IMO. Some people seem to just HATE gay people, or even people who do not agree with their political views. :dunno:

^^^

I should add that it's not just conservatives who do it either. Some liberals seem to be awfully hateful as well. Extremists exist on both sides of the aisle.

What a mess. We all should have civil unions...then whatever marriage ideas pop up from here on out...its all equal. For those who believe in holy matrimony ...we can preserve that. Sometimes it seems like its not so much about homosexuals rights as it is the joy people are showing to spit on anyone who dares to disagree with it.
I don't think we should be denying services to anyone, for any reason. I wouldn't want it done to me. Denying rights can snowball into something ugly...for everyone.
Still I wonder why they picked a small Christian bakery and chose a political divisive statement to show their love for each other.

How does "being important" change the rights you have? A Jewish doctor shouldn't be forced to treat some Nazi death camp commandant and no doctor should be forced to treat any patient with a fatal contagious disease like HIV or Ebola. That should be strictly voluntary.

THAT is what doctors do. Just like firemen run to the fire instead of away. It's part of their job. Imagine a person is dying and a doctor refuses to treat that person because he or she is gay??? That's a rotten person, IMO. Rotten and that person should not be a doctor.

He may be a rotten person, but that isn't a crime. People have a right to be as rotten as they want to be. Forcing a doctor to treat Ebola patients is forcing them to take a massive risk with their own lives. That should be up to them, not some tyrannical law.

Not when you take an oath to heal. And if that's the case, that person should not be a doctor.

The oath has no legal force. It's purely feel-good propaganda.

It is not just "feel good" propaganda. It is an oath that every doctor takes.

In other words, it has no legal significance whatsoever. It's propaganda.

As to your previous post, Jewish doctors DO care for injured Palestinians because their job is to heal and to put human life ahead of their personal opinions.

Once inside Israel s hospitals the terrorist becomes the patient The Times of Israel

That's their prerogative. However, if I was a doctor in Israel, I'd let those savages die, at least the adults. Let their own doctors take care of them.

Bakers getting sued for $100,000 proved it was necessary.

Doctors job is to heal, not to discriminate. End of story. If you are going to refuse to heal people based on their sexual preference, then you are a douchebag.

The person in this thread that first suggested the idea that doctors would not treat someone because of their sexual preference was someone arguing against the Indiana law.
Their description of the circumstances was an analogy ... Sorry if you cannot tell the difference between an analogy and reality.

Lolz ... You go through all that trouble to argue with someone over nothing.

That changes nothing. Doctors should not discriminate. Doctors are supposed to see people as human beings in need of healing. Being a doctor is much more important than being a baker. That is my point.
I agree, however doctors do have the right to choose who they treat except in a life threatening emergency as long as their reason relates to the practice of medicine. With this new law, I guess a doctor could reject a patient because they are gay.

What I find strange about this law, is that it makes the assumption that a business owner will be able to determine that a person is gay by their appearance or action. The fact is there are millions of men who are effeminate but aren't gay just as there are women that have masculine features but aren't lesbians. Heterosexual men and women will often show affection to members of their own sex. If will be interesting to see the reaction of heterosexuals when they have been denied service because they have been labeled as being gay; should make interesting lawsuits.

This law will certainly joint the long list of America' stupidest laws.

Humans are a disease, obviously.

Doctors job is to heal, not to discriminate. End of story. If you are going to refuse to heal people based on their sexual preference, then you are a douchebag.

The person in this thread that first suggested the idea that doctors would not treat someone because of their sexual preference was someone arguing against the Indiana law.
Their description of the circumstances was an analogy ... Sorry if you cannot tell the difference between an analogy and reality.

I agree, however doctors do have the right to choose who they treat except in a life threatening emergency as long as their reason relates to the practice of medicine. With this new law, I guess a doctor could reject a patient because they are gay.

What I find strange about this law, is that it makes the assumption that a business owner will be able to determine that a person is gay by their appearance or action. The fact is there are millions of men who are effeminate but aren't gay just as there are women that have masculine features but aren't lesbians. Heterosexual men and women will often show affection to members of their own sex. If will be interesting to see the reaction of heterosexuals when they have been denied service because they have been labeled as being gay; should make interesting lawsuits.

I agree with most of your post, but I don't think the government has the right to tell a baker that he has to cater to a gay person if he doesn't wish too. If it is your own business, it should be your decision. It would be a stupid decision, and they will lose customers. Also, it's important to know who exactly you are doing business with.

I agree with most of your post, but I don't think the government has the right to tell a baker that he has to cater to a gay person if he doesn't wish too. If it is your own business, it should be your decision. It would be a stupid decision, and they will lose customers. Also, it's important to know who exactly you are doing business with.
Exactly how many posts will I be required to make before you understand that businesses don't get to make up the rules they follow, society does?

Exactly how many posts will I be required to make before you understand that businesses don't get to make up the rules they follow, society does?

Lol. Well obviously not. This is supposed to be a FREE country.

That's what's wrong with this "society" (government is what you really mean).

True in your case.

Lol. Well obviously not. This is supposed to be a FREE country.
So you are posting Sunday School Americanism, and ignoring reality entirely then? Carry on.

That's what's wrong with this "society" (government is what you really mean).
No, I mean society, of which the government is but a reflection. You make it here, you do so by following our rules. When you don't, we spank you black and blue.

True in your case.
True in all cases my little infant.

Forum List

Back