'Incredibly alarming': Republican poll worker in Michigan charged with tampering with voting equipment

A Michigan poll worker has been charged after a witness saw him inserting a USB drive into an electronic poll book after the Aug. 2 statewide primary, the Detroit Free Press reports.

James Holkeboer, an election inspector at the Gaines Township 8th Precinct, has been charged with falsifying records under election law and using a computer to commit a crime.

Holkeboer registered with the county as a Republican, according to Michigan Radio. Detroit Free Press reported that "an individual with the same name served as an alternate delegate for the 3rd Congressional District at the Michigan Republican Party's State Endorsement Convention earlier this year."

Kent County Clerk Lisa Posthumus Lyons says the incident did not result in any unwarranted access to voting machines or election results.

"(T)his incident is extremely egregious and incredibly alarming. Not only is it a violation of Michigan law, but it is a violation of public trust and of the oath all election workers are required to take," Posthumus Lyons said.

"Let me be very clear: voter fraud and illegal election activity in Kent County will not be tolerated. Our citizens deserve to have faith in their elections and in those who work them. I will do everything possible to keep Kent County’s elections secure, transparent, fair, and accurate. If someone or something threatens that, we will take aggressive action to protect our elections and hold those responsible accountable."

She said the Kent County Clerk's Office will conduct a post-election audit of the precinct and the poll book in question will be replaced.

Why is it that all the election fraud that has been found, has been committed by a Republican.

You want to whine about election fraud, but it is Republican's who keep getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
They have learned from the masters. But do not have the advantages the Progs do.

Republicans whine about voter fraud all day and then when it is shown it is actually republicans doing it, they run and hide.

For some reason now they don't want to talk about voter fraud.
Let’s see if I got this right…One supposed Republican was tampering with a voting book in Michigan, so that proves that it was Republicans cheating Joe Biden to the presidency in 2020?

Are you on crack?

Prosecute him and ANY person tampering with the vote.

Republicans whine about voter fraud all day and then when it is shown it is actually republicans doing it, they run and hide.

For some reason now they don't want to talk about voter fraud.
They don't care. They'll deny, dismiss, ignore, minimize. It's what they've done with the other cheating.

Their "reasoning" is that it's okay and defensible because they're convinced the OTHER guy did it.

A good example of how lies and conspiracy theories can be so destructive.

Let’s see if I got this right…One supposed Republican was tampering with a voting book in Michigan, so that proves that it was Republicans cheating Joe Biden to the presidency in 2020?

Are you on crack?

Prosecute him and ANY person tampering with the vote.
No idiot, everytime one of these cases comes out it's a republican doing it.

A Michigan poll worker has been charged after a witness saw him inserting a USB drive into an electronic poll book after the Aug. 2 statewide primary, the Detroit Free Press reports.

James Holkeboer, an election inspector at the Gaines Township 8th Precinct, has been charged with falsifying records under election law and using a computer to commit a crime.

Holkeboer registered with the county as a Republican, according to Michigan Radio. Detroit Free Press reported that "an individual with the same name served as an alternate delegate for the 3rd Congressional District at the Michigan Republican Party's State Endorsement Convention earlier this year."

Kent County Clerk Lisa Posthumus Lyons says the incident did not result in any unwarranted access to voting machines or election results.

"(T)his incident is extremely egregious and incredibly alarming. Not only is it a violation of Michigan law, but it is a violation of public trust and of the oath all election workers are required to take," Posthumus Lyons said.

"Let me be very clear: voter fraud and illegal election activity in Kent County will not be tolerated. Our citizens deserve to have faith in their elections and in those who work them. I will do everything possible to keep Kent County’s elections secure, transparent, fair, and accurate. If someone or something threatens that, we will take aggressive action to protect our elections and hold those responsible accountable."

She said the Kent County Clerk's Office will conduct a post-election audit of the precinct and the poll book in question will be replaced.

Why is it that all the election fraud that has been found, has been committed by a Republican.

You want to whine about election fraud, but it is Republican's who keep getting caught with their hands in the cookie jar.
I have a solution to keep those dirty-ass cheating Republicans from tampering with voting machines.

Get rid of the machines.

You're welcome.

I have a solution to keep those dirty-ass cheating Republicans from tampering with voting machines.

Get rid of the machines.

You're welcome.

The reason we have the corrupt machines in the first place is the leftists tried to steal Florida 2000 with the fake pregnant,dimpled and hanging chad bullshit.

Oh, then i guess you agree with us that voting regulations need to be much stricter and that electronic machines are prone to election tampering and we should therefore go back to the old system.

Folks,
All these far Leftists mocking you and posting obvious BS are pure trolls.
These are people so far up the globalists asses they can see their teeth.

Their intent is to rile you up with utter nonsense, distortion, hypocrisy and deception.
Mamooth especially holds back nothing. Hilarious.
Just laugh at or ignore them.

Just remember that the majority of Republicans are still Christian and have a moral compass of at least some kind.
These trolls are narcissistic Godless hyenas who worship money, power and themselves above all else....so no moral compass whatsoever.

Wait, isn’t making such accusations about American elections an attack on democracy? Are you a MAGA Extremist???

Forum List

Back