Incompetent United Air Lines Physically Drags Passenger Off Plane For Their (Airline) Mistake

The same reason a cop is suspended when he shoots someone on the job, he's being investigated. They haven't said he did anything wrong and he wasn't laid off, as of yet.
If you're suggesting suspension is automatic every time a cop uses deadly force you are mistaken. Suspension occurs whenever there is cause to suspect some misconduct.

You might want to rethink that.

These are the type of cases where Congress gets involved in the airlines business

Congress has bent over backwards to allow airlines to set their own rules and police themselves
Public outrage over airlines abuse of passenger rights will cause Congress to step in

All because United does not understand customer service

They already regulate the compensation for involuntary denial of boarding, however those fines need to be upped a bit.

The ironic thing is the opening of air travel to the masses created the need for airlines to scrimp on customer service in the first place. With so many competitors prices drop, and airlines need to squeeze profit out of somewhere.

In this case United needed to show some compassion

Last flight of the day on Sunday with passengers needing to be home for work on Monday is not the place to offer your usual bare minimum compensation. Especially with the alternative flight being 3PM on Monday
United should have quickly realized the compensation being offered was insufficient for such a disruption in travel plans
They also should realize that THEY are responsible for booking passage for their crew and that a crew showing up after a full flight was boarded was going to cause outrage among those on board

The fact that it resulted in violence was caused by United and preventable

1) You are wrong, it wasn't the last flight. There was another flight at 9PM.

2) The cost of a one-way ticket ORD-SDF is $220. The airline offered an $800 travel voucher and, IIRC, a hotel room. ORD to SDF Flights | Expedia

3) Given how this played out, I'm sure Force Majeure applies.

The flight crew was going to Chattanooga.

"Corporations don't make mistakes!! Come on! They're our masters, our parents, our line-leaders and hall monitors and our bigly important people that I love, super super love! They would NEVER miscalculate or do something terrible!!!"
Incorrect, but I guess you're used to being wrong. Nice straw man argument even though it's very sophomoric.

Yes, corporations make mistakes, but this one is sure to come out like I said; a last minute movement of a flight crew due to a mechanical or weather problem AKA Force Majeure.

It's a 5-hour drive. Put your employees in a car, pay them extra, give them overtime, and stop resorting to the beating of senior citizens as a first resort.

Get ready for a settlement just to keep the trial out of the news.
Crew rest regulations. If they were going to take the 0700 morning flight out, they'd need to be in a hotel by 2100. Again, the math is inconveniencing 4 is better than inconveniencing 75. It's simple math, but I can understand while that's a difficult concept for you.

As stated previously, the entire event sounds last minute, not a normal scheduled event.

These are the type of cases where Congress gets involved in the airlines business

Congress has bent over backwards to allow airlines to set their own rules and police themselves
Public outrage over airlines abuse of passenger rights will cause Congress to step in

They already regulate the compensation for involuntary denial of boarding, however those fines need to be upped a bit.

The ironic thing is the opening of air travel to the masses created the need for airlines to scrimp on customer service in the first place. With so many competitors prices drop, and airlines need to squeeze profit out of somewhere.

Last flight of the day on Sunday with passengers needing to be home for work on Monday is not the place to offer your usual bare minimum compensation. Especially with the alternative flight being 3PM on Monday
United should have quickly realized the compensation being offered was insufficient for such a disruption in travel plans
They also should realize that THEY are responsible for booking passage for their crew and that a crew showing up after a full flight was boarded was going to cause outrage among those on board

2) The cost of a one-way ticket ORD-SDF is $220. The airline offered an $800 travel voucher and, IIRC, a hotel room. ORD to SDF Flights | Expedia

Why were they going to SDF?

Supposedly this was about saving a plane load of people a long wait for another crew.

The last time we went to the Caribbean, we ended up waiting for exactly that. Something like 8-10 hours, sitting in a waiting area. No fun at all.

But, this is the responsibility of the airlines and as we all know, customer service is way down on their list of priorities.

About this man, he came back on the plane and said he could not miss seeing his patients the next day. That should have been the end of it. Although it's evidently legal, there's no excuse for the physical assault.

Amazingly, one of the things I saw earlier is that United probably will not sue him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever hear of a connecting flight?

I flew in December from Austin TX to Baltimore and then stayed on the same plane and flew into Louisville.

Ever hear of a connecting flight?

I flew in December from Austin TX to Baltimore and then stayed on the same plane and flew into Louisville.
Southwest Airlines? Yes, I'm familiar with connecting flights. Louisville is't a normal connecting hub for United airlines.

Do you have a link to your information?

Why did they not offer a couple thousand dollars to the guy rather than drag him off in a tortuous manner? Cheap cheap cheap company.

Supposedly this was about saving a plane load of people a long wait for another crew.

The last time we went to the Caribbean, we ended up waiting for exactly that. Something like 8-10 hours, sitting in a waiting area. No fun at all.

But, this is the responsibility of the airlines and as we all know, customer service is way down on their list of priorities.

About this man, he came back on the plane and said he could not miss seeing his patients the next day. That should have been the end of it. Although it's evidently legal, there's no excuse for the physical assault.

Amazingly, one of the things I saw earlier is that United probably will not sue him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1) Yes, good that you understand about the priorities here.

2) Disagreed that "customer service is way down on their list of priorities" as your first statement attests. In this case, they were thinking of up to 75 customers.

Forum List

Back