Income equality bull shit.

Hey, why are you guys extrapolating so much out of the very simple idea that we live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity, and some people play the game of life on a much higher difficulty than others? I didn't say the government should hold your hand. You guys are just making that shit up.

If you can make it up from a horrible starting point, that's great, but the odds aren't in your favor. That's all I'm saying.

We don't live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity. We live in an unequal UNIVERSE of variety and diversity, and our society is becoming LESS equal primarily because people like you think it can and should "correct" the universe.

There's very little extrapolation needed to see that you assume that people less fortunate than you are helpless, incapable, and pathetic, and thus need the government to give them what you assume they're too primitive and hopeless to achieve on their own.

See, that's actually completely incorrect and doesn't represent my views on the matter in ANY WAY, shape or form.

This is why I can't take you guys seriously. You just make these grand, sweeping assumptions based on very little information. You've written entire paragraphs in response to things I never even said. It's quite a joke, really.

It may not represent what you THINK your views are, Sparkles, but the problem is that it COMPLETELY represents what you're SAYING, and what the logical conclusion of your words would be. This is why WE cannot take YOU seriously: you're lying to yourself faster than you're lying to any of us.

In this case, I haven't made any assumptions, grand or otherwise. I've just read your posts.

Let's take a look at some of your own quotes, and see if you can tell me whether or not YOU would have been motivated to accomplish anything with this short of "cheerleader":

There is no equality of opportunity.

It's like having to run the 100 m with a 45 lb. weight tied around your right ankle, while the other guy gets a bicycle. Unless he somehow crashes and cracks his skull, he is going to win that race.

That is Guy B simply being much better than Guy A, and yet still being wildly unlikely to "close the gap" as you put it.

You were one of the lucky ones.

It's difficult to escape that kind of poverty, and most people don't have what it takes.

No matter what you do, you're still a loser to someone.

. . . the very simple idea that we live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity . . .

The odds aren't in your favor of moving up at all.

If your parents are deadbeats and everyone around you is scum, how the hell are you going to make it out?

There are a lot of factors that effect where we end up in life that are outside our control, unfortunately, whether we like it or not.

Personally, as motivational speeches go, I find this easily distinguishable from Winston Churchill. How about you?

I have no intention of giving you a bunch of details of my personal life, as it's none of your business, but I will tell you that I have been that middle-class kid smacked down into desperate circumstances that you insisted would crumble and be unable to cope. More than once in my life, in fact. If you want to talk about shitty luck, I've had dumpster loads heaped on me. I've clawed my way back out and to better than I was before each and every time, through sheer stubbornness and a complete lack of anyone around me telling me that I didn't have what it took and it was too hard to do.

I will take my sister's "Suck it up, buttercup" over your "most people don't have what it takes" every single time.

I really don't give a fuck about your life, or anyone else's really, exempting a very select few. You could get hit by a comet or win the lottery tomorrow and I wouldn't care in the slightest.

You can't say any of those things are wrong, can you? No, they're all correct. There are always going to be exceptions to the norm, but that does not mean there is no norm.

BTW, no one says, "suck it up, buttercup" anymore aside from my grandparents, so you're clearly old as fuck, and no one my age gives a shit about what some old fuck has to say.

Hey, why are you guys extrapolating so much out of the very simple idea that we live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity, and some people play the game of life on a much higher difficulty than others? I didn't say the government should hold your hand. You guys are just making that shit up.

If you can make it up from a horrible starting point, that's great, but the odds aren't in your favor. That's all I'm saying.

We don't live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity. We live in an unequal UNIVERSE of variety and diversity, and our society is becoming LESS equal primarily because people like you think it can and should "correct" the universe.

There's very little extrapolation needed to see that you assume that people less fortunate than you are helpless, incapable, and pathetic, and thus need the government to give them what you assume they're too primitive and hopeless to achieve on their own.

See, that's actually completely incorrect and doesn't represent my views on the matter in ANY WAY, shape or form.

This is why I can't take you guys seriously. You just make these grand, sweeping assumptions based on very little information. You've written entire paragraphs in response to things I never even said. It's quite a joke, really.

It may not represent what you THINK your views are, Sparkles, but the problem is that it COMPLETELY represents what you're SAYING, and what the logical conclusion of your words would be. This is why WE cannot take YOU seriously: you're lying to yourself faster than you're lying to any of us.

In this case, I haven't made any assumptions, grand or otherwise. I've just read your posts.

Let's take a look at some of your own quotes, and see if you can tell me whether or not YOU would have been motivated to accomplish anything with this short of "cheerleader":

There is no equality of opportunity.

It's like having to run the 100 m with a 45 lb. weight tied around your right ankle, while the other guy gets a bicycle. Unless he somehow crashes and cracks his skull, he is going to win that race.

That is Guy B simply being much better than Guy A, and yet still being wildly unlikely to "close the gap" as you put it.

You were one of the lucky ones.

It's difficult to escape that kind of poverty, and most people don't have what it takes.

No matter what you do, you're still a loser to someone.

. . . the very simple idea that we live in an unequal society of unequal opportunity . . .

The odds aren't in your favor of moving up at all.

If your parents are deadbeats and everyone around you is scum, how the hell are you going to make it out?

There are a lot of factors that effect where we end up in life that are outside our control, unfortunately, whether we like it or not.

Personally, as motivational speeches go, I find this easily distinguishable from Winston Churchill. How about you?

I have no intention of giving you a bunch of details of my personal life, as it's none of your business, but I will tell you that I have been that middle-class kid smacked down into desperate circumstances that you insisted would crumble and be unable to cope. More than once in my life, in fact. If you want to talk about shitty luck, I've had dumpster loads heaped on me. I've clawed my way back out and to better than I was before each and every time, through sheer stubbornness and a complete lack of anyone around me telling me that I didn't have what it took and it was too hard to do.

I will take my sister's "Suck it up, buttercup" over your "most people don't have what it takes" every single time.

I really don't give a fuck about your life, or anyone else's really, exempting a very select few. You could get hit by a comet or win the lottery tomorrow and I wouldn't care in the slightest.

You can't say any of those things are wrong, can you? No, they're all correct. There are always going to be exceptions to the norm, but that does not mean there is no norm.

BTW, no one says, "suck it up, buttercup" anymore aside from my grandparents, so you're clearly old as fuck, and no one my age gives a shit about what some old fuck has to say.

No one asked you to give a fuck about my life, moron. Just because leftists think the whole world is a reality show about them is no reason to assume everyone else believes that, or wants to. It's called an "example". YOU were the asshole who insisted that most people don't have what it takes, middle-class people would just crumble, blah blah fucking whine excuse, so don't go pretending that you don't understand the direct connection between your words and a demonstration that you're full of shit.

And apparently, you DO spend a great deal of time getting your panties in a ruffle about the lives of others. Look how much fucking angst you pour into the fact that - gasp! - there are people out there who weren't born to shitty parents, oh the HORROR of it all, they got an unfair leg up in life by having decent families! Seems like the only time you suddenly lose all interest is when it directly contradicts your worldview. Convenient.

So yeah, I CAN say those things are incorrect. I just did. Hell, I could have said they were incorrect just because they were coming from you, and have had good odds that that was true.

It's also hilariously funny to hear you, Mr. "The odds aren't in your favor of moving up" - which is completely, provably NOT correct - talking about "the norm". Seems to me you should have some clue what the norm is before you start spouting off about it.

BTW, speaking of things that aren't cared about, at what point did I EVER say, "Gosh, John, I admire and respect you SOOOO much, tell me, what DO you think of the words and phrases I use? Do they meet with your approval, and would you please waste time deflecting from the topic to parse them for me?" Because I really don't remember that conversation happening, so on balance, I'm going to have to assume this entire post was just one big "I'm too chickenshit to admit I can't refute your points".

Forum List

Back