In your opinion, does a woman who is being raped have the right to use deadly force on her rapist?

You are changing the subject, this thread is not about the right to defend oneself, but if Deadly Force is justified in self-defense. Your post is # 105 in this thread, you have not figured out what is being discussed, deadly force?

I'm not changing the subject at all. You're trying to obfuscate the subject.

If someone tries to sexually assault me, I'm going to defend myself. I'm going to stop them any way I can. I'm not going to sit there and endure rape while using my smartphone to google search the legal penalty for a rape conviction and then calculate the appropriate amount of force that equals the legal penalty.

What you don't seem to understand is that the right to self defense is an inherent right that is not predicated upon the law criminalizing the act against which I am defending. Even if rape were entirely legal, the right to defend one's self against rape would still remain perfectly intact.
Actually, my point went right overhead, the punishment is disproportionate to the crime.

If you do not support the death penalty, you can not support the use of deadly force to prevent rape.

I state my post, as written, so idiots who do not believe in the death penalty are forced to think about the contradiction.

You state something else which was a bit off, I let that go.

If you must defend yourself with deadly force, then the punishment for the criminal is death, if they happen to live and get convicted.

Sorry I did not make it clear, but I was making a point and challenging those who oppose the death penalty.

Idiots who do not believe in the death penalty? Are you even remotely objective on the topic or do you just want to kill people and hate having people get in the way of that?
Actually, my point went right overhead, the punishment is disproportionate to the crime.

If you do not support the death penalty, you can not support the use of deadly force to prevent rape.

I state my post, as written, so idiots who do not believe in the death penalty are forced to think about the contradiction.

If you must defend yourself with deadly force, then the punishment for the criminal is death, if they happen to live and get convicted.

Sorry I did not make it clear, but I was making a point and challenging those who oppose the death penalty
Your darkened bedroom is not a court of law. While I see your point as a supporter of the death penalty, at a rape trial the victim no longer has reasonable fear for their life. The legal penalty is irrelevant to a self defense scenario.
That seems too fine a point for eliktra to grasp.

If someone tries to sexually assault me, I'm going to defend myself. I'm going to stop them any way I can. I'm not going to sit there and endure rape while using my smartphone to google search the legal penalty for a rape conviction and then calculate the appropriate amount of force that equals the legal penalty.

What you don't seem to understand is that the right to self defense is an inherent right that is not predicated upon the law criminalizing the act against which I am defending. Even if rape were entirely legal, the right to defend one's self against rape would still remain perfectly intact.

Sorry I did not make it clear, but I was making a point and challenging those who oppose the death penalty.

Idiots who do not believe in the death penalty? Are you even remotely objective on the topic or do you just want to kill people and hate having people get in the way of that?

Sorry I did not make it clear, but I was making a point and challenging those who oppose the death penalty
Your darkened bedroom is not a court of law. While I see your point as a supporter of the death penalty, at a rape trial the victim no longer has reasonable fear for their life. The legal penalty is irrelevant to a self defense scenario.
I understand, you believe a simple jail sentence, then the rapist is released, solves the problem.

Unfortunately, your opinion results in the rape and murder of woman by rapist released after a bit of time in jail.

Justice?

I understand, you believe a simple jail sentence, then the rapist is released, solves the problem.

Unfortunately, your opinion results in the rape and murder of woman by rapist released after a bit of time in jail.

Justice?
Are you stupid? Being against the death penalty doesn't make me soft on crime; that's a myth perpetuated around the culture of death you are part of. In fact harsher sentences for violent crime should be the REPLACEMENT for capital punishment. A fifty year sentence, for instance will put many rapists in the grave before release and the ones still alive couldn't rape a dead cow. I never said I believe in reform either, that's you being an ass and ASSuming again. Prison's primary role is to separate the violent from the innocent, to protect society. Reform isn't up to the state, it's up to the offender and it's the height of stupidity to believe that prisons have any power to reform anyone.

So stop ASS-uming.

Justice?
Are you stupid? Being against the death penalty doesn't make me soft on crime; that's a myth perpetuated around the culture of death you are part of. In fact harsher sentences for violent crime should be the REPLACEMENT for capital punishment. A fifty year sentence, for instance will put many rapists in the grave before release and the ones still alive couldn't rape a dead cow. I never said I believe in reform either, that's you being an ass and ASSuming again. Prison's primary role is to separate the violent from the innocent, to protect society. Reform isn't up to the state, it's up to the offender and it's the height of stupidity to believe that prisons have any power to reform anyone.

So stop ASS-uming.

Rape should definitely carry longer prison sentences. IIRC, the average amount of time that a person is sentenced after being convicted of even a violent rape is only like 5-8 years. I think they only probably serve about 2-1/2 or 3 years of that time in most cases.

Also, if a person is a convicted murderer, they should never get out of jail, even if their behaviors are good. That shouldn't really matter, considering they took the MOST precious thing from a person and from that person's family which they can never get back. So life should be life without parole, and in some instances rape should carry a life sentence as well. There are some pretty brutal rapes out there. If you have ever read about some of the things . . . they are just horrible. I also think convicted pedophiles should have much harsher sentences and life in some instances too.

Justice?

So stop ASS-uming.
As the system is, rapists are released, even a 50 year sentence would only equal less than 25 years in our current system.

For the life of me, I can not fathom how one can advocate killing to protect oneself yet when it comes to the Death Penalty, you are against it.

The Death Penalty is not murder nor killing, it is more like a suicide, beings that a person must knowingly take action, of their own free will in order to be confronted with such a penalty.

You speak of reform? All I spoke of, is what you advocate, which is allowing a Rapist, a second chance, which way too many use to rape and murder.

Justice?

So stop ASS-uming.
As the system is, rapists are released, even a 50 year sentence would only equal less than 25 years in our current system.

For the life of me, I can not fathom how one can advocate killing to protect oneself yet when it comes to the Death Penalty, you are against it.

The Death Penalty is not murder nor killing, it is more like a suicide, beings that a person must knowingly take action, of their own free will in order to be confronted with such a penalty.

You speak of reform? All I spoke of, is what you advocate, which is allowing a Rapist, a second chance, which way too many use to rape and murder.

You can't be serious. The death penalty is state imposed killing of a person who is already locked away and no longer a threat. It gives the state the power to kill citizens, and I'm sure you know darn well that prosecutorial misconduct exists. They have the motivation to WIN cases.

My darkened bedroom? Wow, nice bit of trolling there, what is the purpose of stating such a thing? I bet you simply can not wrap your head around your opinion when faced with reality.

Reality being, you think its fine to let a rapist/murderer out of jail, after they have served what in your opinion is the appropriate penalty.

If its okay to kill a person in self defense the best defense is a death penalty to begin with, kind of like the thorn on a rose, which protects the bud.

It's not the same at all though. If you are in the process of being attacked or the attacker is still in your home, that is self defense. If the attacker is in custody, he is no longer a threat to you and that is no longer self defense. The death penalty does not equal self defense in any sense.

The best deterrent to rapists and other violent criminals is that women be armed. The government making it difficult for women to arm themselves and to have as much ammunition at their disposal that they feel they need for protection is the biggest threat to our safety. Making rape a death penalty crime would also endanger many more women's and young girls' lives. It's a terrible idea. TERRIBLE.

My darkened bedroom? Wow, nice bit of trolling there, what is the purpose of stating such a thing? I bet you simply can not wrap your head around your opinion when faced with reality.

Reality being, you think its fine to let a rapist/murderer out of jail, after they have served what in your opinion is the appropriate penalty.

If its okay to kill a person in self defense the best defense is a death penalty to begin with, kind of like the thorn on a rose, which protects the bud.

It's not the same at all though. If you are in the process of being attacked or the attacker is still in your home, that is self defense. If the attacker is in custody, he is no longer a threat to you and that is no longer self defense. The death penalty does not equal self defense in any sense.

The best deterrent to rapists and other violent criminals is that women be armed. The government making it difficult for women to arm themselves and to have as much ammunition at their disposal that they feel they need for protection is the biggest threat to our safety. Making rape a death penalty crime would also endanger many more women's and young girls' lives. It's a terrible idea. TERRIBLE.
As long as an attacker, a rapist, or any sort of criminal does not fear the penalty, there will be criminals. As it is now, your beliefs allow these rapists to serve some time, and then be released to rape again.

Having a death penalty increases crime? I guess the best thing to do than is to have no penalties for crime then we would all be safe?

As long as an attacker, a rapist, or any sort of criminal does not fear the penalty, there will be criminals. As it is now, your beliefs allow these rapists to serve some time, and then be released to rape again.

Having a death penalty increases crime? I guess the best thing to do than is to have no penalties for crime then we would all be safe?

They don't fear the death penalty now. Lol. There have always been criminals, even when we used to hang 'em! :D

They don't fear the death penalty now. Lol. There have always been criminals, even when we used to hang 'em! :D
There is no Death Penalty now, just politics. Sentencing someone with the Death Penalty and actually executing the Death Penalty are two very different things.

Yea, I get it. You and your beliefs as carried about the meddling politicians screw up the Justice system to the point that criminals have their sentence carried out, then after you have successfully made it impossible, you claim the Death Penalty does not work.

You are the reason Rape and Murder is so high in the country, we need more protection from your beliefs than from criminals.

:finger3:

There is no Death Penalty now, just politics. Sentencing someone with the Death Penalty and actually executing the Death Penalty are two very different things.

Yea, I get it. You and your beliefs as carried about the meddling politicians screw up the Justice system to the point that criminals have their sentence carried out, then after you have successfully made it impossible, you claim the Death Penalty does not work.

You are the reason Rape and Murder is so high in the country, we need more protection from your beliefs than from criminals.

You are screwy. Lol. America is the ONLY 1st world country that still has the death penalty. :lol: We are amongst the third world countries here, in case you didn't know.

Justice?

So stop ASS-uming.

I said 50 years, not parole after 25. When you put words in my mouth and then argue against it, that's called a strawman. And then criticizing me for wanting to set a rapist free after 25 years is just stupid.

The reason the deterrence argument goes out the window is because criminals are notoriously short sighted in considering the consequences of their actions and if decades in prison won't dissuade them then death won't either. In fact it's the expectation of lax penalties that often play a role in lesser offenses such as rape, burglary, child sexual battery, or robbery. The reason the public clamors for the death penalty is because there's a well founded belief that violent criminals are punished insufficiently. That's why the death penalty should be replaced by real consequences instead of the death or slap on the wrist system we have now that doesn't work.

I have no pity for armed robbers, for instance. I think when somebody puts a gun in the face of another and makes them fear for their lives, they should be locked up for 80 years, no parole. Such a person cannot be released to commit a murder, as many murderers already had records for lesser felonies such as robbery. Stop letting these fuckers out and they can't kill anyone.

I said 50 years, not parole after 25. When you put words in my mouth and then argue against it, that's called a strawman. And then criticizing me for wanting to set a rapist free after 25 years is just stupid.
Words in your mouth? When you begin your replies by trolling and flames, you are the STRAWMAN.

saintmichaeldefendthem;
"Are you stupid?"
"So stop ASS-uming."
"That seems too fine a point for eliktra to grasp."

Words in your mouth? When you begin your replies by trolling and flames, you are the STRAWMAN.

saintmichaeldefendthem;
"Are you stupid?"
"So stop ASS-uming."
So your response is, "I may have set up a strawman argument but that's ok because you're being mean!"

Got it.

You are screwy. Lol. America is the ONLY 1st world country that still has the death penalty. :lol: We are amongst the third world countries here, in case you didn't know.

A death penalty not executed is a death penalty in name only.

Yes, you laugh while woman continue to be raped.

I'm laughing at you, though, not raped women of course. Lol. Your ideas are terrible. Sorry, but they are.

saintmichaeldefendthem;
"Are you stupid?"
"So stop ASS-uming."

You are doing the same to me. IOW, anyone who disagrees with your TERRIBLE ideas which would get more women and children killed. Foolish.

saintmichaeldefendthem;
"Are you stupid?"
"So stop ASS-uming."
So your response is, "I may have set up a strawman argument but that's ok because you're being mean!"

Got it.

His ideas are terrible and would get more women and children killed. It would certainly not save them. Of course the rapist is not going to just stop raping because he thinks he won't get caught. That is how a criminal mind works. They have no intentions on getting caught most of the time. Therefore, if they are going to face the death penalty for their crimes, that increases their motivation to kill any and all witnesses who could possibly testify against him in the event that he is caught.

Got it.
Mean, no, you are simply a bigoted asshole. Everything after that is what?

saintmichaeldefendthem; The Constitution was written with protections against cruel and unusual punishment precisely to prevent assholes like you and your Nazi grandfather.

Forum List

Back