In regards to the wall, which is it?

I lean on the immoral side. As for effectiveness I'm not sold it provides the bang for the buck as Trump and Republicans claim it does.
Do you know how much money illegals cost us each year? Answer... $116,000,000,000. Even if it only stopped 1% of illegals, it would pay for itself in a couple years. Surely we can agree that it will stop more than 1%, right? Do you have a better bang for your buck idea than that? If so, we are all ears.

I've heard Dims attack the notion of a border wall using to different approaches. They either say it is ineffective and stupid or immoral.

How can it be both? Either the wall does not keep people out and is stupid, or it keeps people out that Dims think should immigrate to the US and is therefore immoral.

You can't have it both ways, can you?
Jesus, dude. The most conservative politicians have done their homework and have come to the conclusion it is a complete waste. Think VISAS.

Obviously when they say that the wall is immoral they are saying that the GOP is trying to keep out immigrants who are poor and deserve US citizenship.

So if that is the case, then the wall has to be effective.

Then they turn on a dime, like you are doing here, and saying that the wall is ineffective and stupid.

But you can't have it both ways, which they seem to do anyway.
" So if that is the case." That's not the case, Vot.

The walls present currently seemingly helped turn back many in the recent caravan, didn't they.

I don't believe so.
They are still slowly being processed and coming in, or have already sneaked around the wall, like most illegal immigrants have always done.
And clearly you are confused, because if you think the current wall worked, then why would you want to build the bigger one?

I've heard Dims attack the notion of a border wall using to different approaches. They either say it is ineffective and stupid or immoral.

How can it be both? Either the wall does not keep people out and is stupid, or it keeps people out that Dims think should immigrate to the US and is therefore immoral.

I don't understand your cofusion as to why both can't be true at the same time.
Youre missing the point. How can something be immoral if it has no negative impact? If walls wont stop them, then no one should be complaining that walls are immoral.

Dopey logic.

I lean on the immoral side. As for effectiveness I'm not sold it provides the bang for the buck as Trump and Republicans claim it does.
Do you know how much money illegals cost us each year? Answer... $116,000,000,000. Even if it only stopped 1% of illegals, it would pay for itself in a couple years. Surely we can agree that it will stop more than 1%, right? Do you have a better bang for your buck idea than that? If so, we are all ears.

That has been totally debunked. The reality is that illegal immigrants cost us almost nothing, and instead produce billions for us.
They do not get welfare, they do not bring kids so there are no education costs, they only get emergency medical treatment so cost almost nothing there, and they work for much less while being far more productive, filling in income tax and social security funds that they will never get back.

Get the ones,the vast majority with visas expired first

I don't understand your cofusion as to why both can't be true at the same time.
Youre missing the point. How can something be immoral if it has no negative impact? If walls wont stop them, then no one should be complaining that walls are immoral.

Something does not actually have to happen in order for one to be able to say it is immoral.
Like you can say rape is immoral without anyone having to be raped.

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” - Donald Trump​

Oh my yes, I'll definitely agree it'll be way more than 1% that'll be stopped because I surmise that the wall will provide ample deterrent for what Trump assumes are "good people". As for the bad ones, I have many doubts. I have no problem with a wall and $30 billion is peanuts in terms of government spending. My main opposition is that Trump's rhetoric has made this into a monument dedicated to fear and hate.

That has been totally debunked. The reality is that illegal immigrants cost us almost nothing, and instead produce billions for us.
They do not get welfare, they do not bring kids so there are no education costs, they only get emergency medical treatment so cost almost nothing there, and they work for much less while being far more productive, filling in income tax and social security funds that they will never get back.
WHAT...THE...FUCK?

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.” - Donald Trump​

Oh my yes, I'll definitely agree it'll be way more than 1% that'll be stopped because I surmise that the wall will provide ample deterrent for what Trump assumes are "good people". As for the bad ones, I have many doubts. I have no problem with a wall and $30 billion is peanuts in terms of government spending. My main opposition is that Trump's rhetoric has made this into a monument dedicated to fear and hate.
No, the left made it into a monument of hate. We wanted to stop illegal immigration with a wall, then the left did everything in their power to convinvince people it was racist and hateful. You know im right, so dont sully yourself by pretending otherwise.

What I don't get is how many of the leaders in the Dem Party voted for a border wall/fence/barrier in 2006 but now they say it's immoral and ineffective.

protecting American boarders and Americans isn't immoral, it's the Gub'Mit's job

holding Americans hostage to an ineffective remedy is what is immoral

we'd fare far better to give ICE 5 bil

~S~

No, the left made it into a monument of hate. We wanted to stop illegal immigration with a wall, then the left did everything in their power to convinvince people it was racist and hateful. You know im right, so dont sully yourself by pretending otherwise.

What I know is we both got the right to feel however we do about the matter. I quoted Trump from early in the campaign and explained that I see it as peddling fear and hate. You disagree which you're free to. The only offense I take is when you tell me what my thoughts are like some woman saying, "I know what you're thinking."

Forum List

Back