In re: United States v. Nixon

Rye Catcher

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2019
See; United States v. Nixon - Wikipedia

Associate Justice William Rehnquist recused himself as he had previously served in the Nixon administration as an Assistant Attorney General. Will the two new members of the Supreme Court have the integrity to do what Justice Rehnquist did???

The emperor didn't appoint them to worry about what a good judge would do, he appointed them save his ass. They will do it too. Welcome to era of untouchable, unaccountable presidents.

• Banned

Associate Justice William Rehnquist recused himself as he had previously served in the Nixon administration as an Assistant Attorney General. Will the two new members of the Supreme Court have the integrity to do what Justice Rehnquist did???

Straw man. Neither served under Trump.

What? Rehnequest was nominated by Trump and became a member of the Supreme Court during Nixon's Administration.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were appointed by Trump,

Rehnquest served as an asst. AG in the Nixon Administration.

Rehnquest had the integrity to recuse himself.

Did I dumb it up enough for you?

Rehnquest was nominated by Nixon for the Supreme Court as well had served as an Asst. AG in Nixon's Admninistration;

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have been nominated and are now members of the Supreme Court. Is a conflict of interest at issue? Rehnquest thought so, and recused himself.

Did I dumb it down enough for you to understand?

No, will the libs have the dignity to throw this donkey show out of the house before it even reaches the Senate.

What? Rehnequest was nominated by Trump and became a member of the Supreme Court during Nixon's Administration.

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh were appointed by Trump,

Rehnquest served as an asst. AG in the Nixon Administration.

Rehnquest had the integrity to recuse himself.

Did I dumb it up enough for you?

Rehnquest was nominated by Nixon for the Supreme Court as well had served as an Asst. AG in Nixon's Admninistration;

Gorsuch and Kavanaugh have been nominated and are now members of the Supreme Court. Is a conflict of interest at issue? Rehnquest thought so, and recused himself.

Boy, talk about stretching. Still a straw man.

They don't have to.

The only judge involved with the trial is the Chief Justice. That's john roberts. He presides as the judge in the trial. The rest of the judges on the Supreme Court have nothing to do with the trial.

The bush boy appointed roberts..

The emperor didn't appoint them to worry about what a good judge would do, he appointed them save his ass. They will do it too. Welcome to era of untouchable, unaccountable presidents.

No welcome to era of untouchable and unaccountable REPUBLICAN presidents.

The law will be very strictly applied to Democratic presidents.

We have now heard from the Trumpanzees. Not a one offered a reason why two men appointed by a defendant to a life long job, will now sit on a jury to judge their benefactor.

Most readers will understand that a conflict of interests now exists, and both men know how trump treats anyone who is not loyal to him.

I'm not certain you dumbed it down enough for you to understand. There is a glaring difference here as you pointed out. Rehnquist served under the Nixon Administration. Neither Gorsuch nor Kavanaugh served under the Trump administration. The fact that he appointed them to the Court has no relevancy and there is no such historical precedent nor requirement that they recuse themselves based solely on that. You already know this, of course. You're simply advancing a scenario to rig a decision in your favor because you know you may not get the result you want otherwise.

Why do you people always have to change the rules when you can't win?

We have now heard from the Trumpanzees. Not a one offered a reason why two men appointed by a defendant to a life long job, will now sit on a jury to judge their benefactor.

Most readers will understand that a conflict of interests now exists, and both men know how trump treats anyone who is not loyal to him.

No they won't.

The two judges that trump appointed have nothing to do with this trial.

The only judge on the Supreme Court that is involved is the Chief Justice.

I posted this already.

The inference that I'm speaking of a trial in the Senate is incorrect. The Supreme Court has already agreed to hear the appeal of trump on his taxes. That is the jury which will decide if a President of the United States, either a D or and R is above the law.

The inference that I'm speaking of a trial in the Senate is incorrect. The Supreme Court has already agreed to hear the appeal of trump on his taxes. That is the jury which will decide if a President of the United States, either a D or and R is above the law.

The vote should be 9-0 in favor of trump. Of course the lib justices will vote against. There is nothing about being above the law about private income. It's none of your business what I do with my money and vice versa.

I'm not certain you dumbed it down enough for you to understand. There is a glaring difference here as you pointed out. Rehnquist served under the Nixon Administration. Neither Gorsuch nor Kavanaugh served under the Trump administration. The fact that he appointed them to the Court has no relevancy and there is no such historical precedent nor requirement that they recuse themselves based solely on that. You already know this, of course. You're simply advancing a scenario to rig a decision in your favor because you know you may not get the result you want otherwise.

Those judges that trump appointed won't have anything to do with the trial beyond watching it all unfold.

The jury in the trial is the members of the Senate. No one on the Supreme Court beyond the Chief Justice is involved.

I'm very surprised that I'm the only person on this thread who knows this.

Oh I thought you were talking about the impeachment trial since you referenced nixon's impeachment trial in your OP.

My misunderstanding.

The vote should be 9-0 in favor of trump. Of course the lib justices will vote against. There is nothing about being above the law about private income. It's none of your business what I do with my money and vice versa.

Every heard of some guy from ChiTown - Scarface Capone?

Oh I thought you were talking about the impeachment trial since you referenced nixon's impeachment trial in your OP.

My misunderstanding.

The link I offered in the OP I thought was clear.

Those judges that trump appointed won't have anything to do with the trial beyond watching it all unfold.

The jury in the trial is the members of the Senate. No one on the Supreme Court beyond the Chief Justice is involved.

I'm very surprised that I'm the only person on this thread who knows this.
You assumed that. Others know. Thus my answer. It is a straw man.

Forum List

Back