In lieu of a PM to Manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cut out the personal attacks. This isn't the Flame Zone.

Ahh, you mean .... "personal attacks" like these??

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:
I can see where your ignorant ass would find that extremely biased, tho, since you were one of them.
-Edit- And this one??

Wow. How cool are YOU guys.
No wonder you whiney little f*cks think Mods are overstepping their authority and bounds.
Because you feel compelled to push every limit possible, and make it known that you're doing so.
Grow the fuck up.

No problem! :)

Last edited:
didnt realize the threads were merged...my bad...there is always a chance when you pm a bunch of people that someone is gonna share that pm...i am not sure why suddenly this has gotten so out of hand but i have been aware of an undercurrent...but was naive enough to think it was all in good fun...apparently it was not...if you really have a problem with a mod..take it to admin ..if admin rules in the mods favor ..which i would be inclined to say they do most of the time...then suck it up and let it go...if i were admin of a board i would be inclined to back my mods up...hardly a job everyone wants...or perhaps it is a job everyone wants..but really how many mods do you need for a board...

Well! He/she wasn't on the orginal provided list ... so how was I to know? Perhaps you should let the "list maker" know too. :D

The "list maker" knows. He's inactive, and hasn't been here in quite awhile.

Yes, Sir. And I listen to you when you tell me to "drop it", in a public thread, right?

What is said in PM's are, or once were "private". When you posted the PM from Mani .... you made sure that everyone could see who it went to, including myself, because there are a few of us that do agree with him. Is that against the rule's now too (to agree with another member) :confused:

You can agree with him if you want. You have a right to agree with mani, and you have a right to dislike one or all administrators and moderators on this board.

What is said in PMs is as private as the people involved in the PMs keep it. Now if you can send me a PM that violates the rules and I can act on it, why is it someone else can't do the same?

That PM, whether or not you agree with it questions the actions of a staff member and just in case you missed it, I already said what that moderator was doing was standard policy for this board. It isn't like she just up and invented a rule to enforce.

Spamming IS against the rules and I also pointed out that what was being done is exactly that.

So agree with whoever you want all you want. I ruled otherwise.

ok. If you've ever been a mod, you'd know that sometimes you have to make decisions that you wished not alone. In this particular case, seems she didn't, though is getting trashed for it. An admin banned said party.

All Dis did was warn, at least twice...

Seems to be some misinformation. Technically, dis was the only mod on. I was on also and I had no problem with what she did. SOP.

This is just the let's make something out of nothing crowd at work.

That's a matter of opinion. I found eot's post to be rather informative.

Nothing informative about it all all. Eots wanted to post conspiracies all over the board instead of the forum that was created specifically with him in mind, and he has tried to post under other UserIDs and gotten busted each time.

Like everyone else, he sees any interference with what he wants to do as abusing authority.

You now have control on who, and how many PM's can be sent out by anyone? .... and to who they send them too? :eusa_whistle:

The person that shared the Mani PM did what they thought was right< I guess - because they did not agree. Ok, they can do that, and from what I understand since it went to the "Administrator" who chose to make it public .... but was it an attempt to start a flame-war on the board knowing it would piss off Gunny. Who knows what the reason was ... it was his/her right to do it.

As far as my "sticking my nose" into it .... read my first response to this thread. I simply pointed out that there is "only one mod - that is in question" ..... that was pointed out in Mani's PM (I had read the post Gunny made that included it) http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/64104-whos-the-most-bitter-about-the-election-10.html#post899584 ....along with the PM ... and you got your panty hose in a wad ... again ... typical.

You can send as many PMs as you desire to whoever you desire. If they violate the rules of this board and are sent to me, I WILL act on them in whatever manner I see fit.

Oh look, CA and Silence whining about something. There's a shocker!

I know how to fix this problem.

FAM_MIDOL_MAX_STRENGTH_CAPLE-5300.jpg

Let's review the rules associated with the incident:

Posting Guidelines:
When posting a new topic, please select the forum that best relates to the subject matter of your topic. If you are unsure, contact a moderator or the admin. Cross posting is not allowed and is considered spam. When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock. It is hard to read and is considered yelling. When replying in an existing topic it is fine to use CAPS or bold to highlight main points. Any off-topic posts will be deleted or moved to an appropriate forum as per administrator & moderator discretion.

Language Guidelines:
Foul language (profanity) used in USmessageboard.com will be loosely tolerated and at the moderators discretion. Derogatory statements directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are permitted with the stipulation that you generally look like a fool when resorting to these tactics within a serious conversation on real issues. If you're comfortable playing the fool, feel free to do so.

If someone really gets to you and you feel the need to vent, please do so within the confines of the Taunting Arena. If you don’t have thick skin and the ability to take abuse, it is better to walk away from a possible confontation and come back with constructive arguments.

In this instance because some of you didn't see the thread that is now gone, Manifold used personal attacks that were extremely vulgar, detailing graphically sexual acts of Dis to Gunny as a way to portray why Mods were so unified in conspiring to meld the multiple spam of mani's into one thread, there was no "constructive" argument or discussion just out & out dripping & seething of grotesque accusations and attacks on them in that particular thread. Even making a personal attempt to attack ones personal looks, which was so far from the truth that in itself is a reason to remove it.

Please note that direct or implied threats of violence towards another member and/or threats of any action meant to disrupt a member's normal life will be dealt with severely (minimum 10 day ban).

All members have the right to their own ideas, beliefs and faiths. Members have the right to constructively express these on USmessageboard.com with equal respect and consideration.

There was no constructive expression in the thread made toward Dis, but I will applaud her for attempting for a moment to consider if she should allow that kind of disrespect in the name of fairness & equality, realizing I have never seen anyone at this board say anything like that about to another member as was said to Dis, (some might call her liberal) to have even let it sit there for as long as she did.

PM Guidelines:
If exclusively personal contact is needed, use the Private Message system. Do not post a topic where only one member is expected to answer. Posting and Language guidelines extend to the PM system. USmessageboard.com maintains the privacy of its’ users and will not access Private Messages unless ordered to do so by a Court of Law.

Posting information gained through private messages, or Reputation Comments is prohibited unless specific permission is granted in a public forum and/or to a USMB staff member from the member who is a participant in the PM conversation or posted the Reputation Comment.

The PM was forwarded to a staff member and although it is debatable whether they had a right to post it or not, if the person who forwarded the PM to the staff member gave permission to the Mod to post it, then Absolutely it is fair.

Privacy:
Please do not reveal any personal contact information about yourself or others such as full name, address, phone number and even email. This is a public place and anyone is able to view your messages. Posting the personal information of other posters, regardless of how you've obtained it, is considered threatening behavior and you will likely find yourself with an involuntary vacation from this site if you repeatedly engage in such actions.

I like my privacy and I hope my private messages don't get posted to the board, but the rules do state be careful what you say in them and language and all the board behavior still applies to PM's.

Disciplinary Action:
If any of the above is violated a warning or infraction will be issued to the offending member. If enough infraction points add up the offending member will be banned for 10 days. If the behavior continues after the 10 day ban the user will be permanently removed from USmessageboard.com. Circumstances such as spammers will skip the infraction system and be banned immediately. Multiple accounts are not permitted so do not reregister.

There were several warnings given but the response only became more vicious and personalized

TO REPORT VIOLATIONS: If you witness a posting that violates these terms, please click the red exclamation mark button at the top right side of the post and it will be reviewed by staff. USmessageboard.com cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your request. Please refer to this Disclaimer page from time to time for any updates we may make to it.

Obviously someone felt violated by the PM and reported manifold. Interestingly I tried to repsond private to Manifold and the PM was shutoff not to take PMs back from me. So that was a one sided sweeping statement that gave no option for discussion or response.

Use of this Forum is not a right. It is a privilege granted you by USmessageboard.com under the terms of this agreement and can be revoked at any time without warning.

In accordance with the privilege of using this forum granted you by USmessageboard.com, we request that you abide by the terms and conditions of our guidelines when using the Forum. We reserve the right to change the guidelines at any time and will use a date stamp in the title.

The USmessageboard.com online community is moderated by volunteers on a regular basis and we ask that you please respect their efforts.

Thank you for visiting USmessageboard.com, and we hope you enjoy the community!

The thread is not gone. It's merged with along with all the other ones in the "Whos the Most Bitter" or whatever that thread is titled.

You could not respond to Manifold because you cannot PM a member in the "Banned" usergroup.

That is the first PM I have ever posted in however many years I've been on message boards, or on any board I have ever been on and I did it for specific reasons.

As the rules state, the same rules that apply to the board apply to PMs. It's disengenuous for anyone to try and present this PM as "private" considering the number of people it was sent to.

I posted the PM to ensure EVERYONE is aware that manifold is not and was not banned for his personal attacks against me. I posted the PM to ensure EVERYONE is aware that if you try to stir up shit like that on this board and I find out, you're gone. Spamming is also against the rules of this board and one can hardly call this anything less.

It is my decision that the example presented by posting this PM overrides any pretense to privacy considering everybody and his brother got a spammed a copy.

:eek: Oh wow! Talk about coming apart at the seems? I think your "fishnet's" have totally unraveled! :eek:

/Quote ..... "Nor will they be part of this thread" .... /Unquote

Obsessive use of power? :lol:

:bowdown: to the Super'woman'moderator! :clap2:

You're just never going to get it, are you?

That is MY rule and its to keep people like from going after former mods that choose to stay on this board as a member.

Can't imagine WHY I would have such a rule.

You're 0 for 2 in your attacks on dis. Going to go for 3?

If you have ever been a mod here you get immunity for life or something ?

just a little brevity in lieu of all the drama. calm down. jokey jokey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back