In lieu of a PM to Manifold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point is, mani WAS allowed his threads. They were just merged into one. Spamming is against the board rules. Posting thread after thread that basically says the same thing with a different title falls under spamming, IMO.

Maybe it's just me, but when I click on a forum I don't want to weed through 20 threads that say "Sarah Palin is the antichrist" or "Gunny Sucks" to find something of interest. Redundant threads, where found, have always been merged as a matter of administrative practice. This wasn't something new or arbitrary aimed specifically at manifold.

Fact is, he was trying so hard to get under my skin he got so desperate he got under his own and lost his cool.

Gunny, I have a question. I noticed you quoted his PM in a post in that thread you closed but I don't see the PM in one of his posts. It leads me to think you posted a PM. Isn't that against the rules?

:lol: I rest my case.

You can't even make a cohesive and logical post, unlike Jillian, who defended ALL of you. You want PROOF that the more con leaning mods attack liberals JUST for being liberal. Well sorry, I can't provide links where they openly admit to this behavior and therefore it is merely a perception of such behavior, just as the links you've supposedly gathered of my con hating are YOUR perception not necessarily reality.

We all see things through our own filter and you obviously see my opposition of the stupidity displayed in threads like "obama isn't attending his grandmother's funeral" as being hatred for conservatives...allow me to correct you...it's hatred for ignorance.... and there are ignorant fucks on the liberal side too and I've stated as much.

Let's be intellectually honest. You do NOT have conservative mods attacking liberals AS MODERATORS. As conservative members, they are as entitled to their political opinions as anyone else is and I am a complete dick about them not confusing their position on the staff with their position as contributing members of this board. It seems members have a bigger problem with that concept than anyone on the staff.

Gunny, I have a question. I noticed you quoted his PM in a post in that thread you closed but I don't see the PM in one of his posts. It leads me to think you posted a PM. Isn't that against the rules?

If I have the authority to allow people to post PMs, as is stated in the rules, then why would I not be able to extend that authority to myself?

Not to mention the fact that mani spammed it to everyone he could, so what's private about it?

Then there's the fact that I decided I was going to post it as an object lesson. That PM is a direct threat to the good order and discipline of this board. You get caught pulling that crap, you're gone. End of story.

I also posted it so I wouldn't have to listen to the usual cast of whiners saying I banned him because he was attacking me personally. I let his shit ride until he went after one of my moderators and the enforcement of policy.

There's also the fact that the member who forwarded it to me after it was sent to that member doesn't care that I posted it and manifold is banned and has no say in the matter.

Hope that answers your question sufficiently.

If I have the authority to allow people to post PMs, as is stated in the rules, then why would I not be able to extend that authority to myself?

Not to mention the fact that mani spammed it to everyone he could, so what's private about it?

Then there's the fact that I decided I was going to post it as an object lesson. That PM is a direct threat to the good order and discipline of this board. You get caught pulling that crap, you're gone. End of story.

I also posted it so I wouldn't have to listen to the usual cast of whiners saying I banned him because he was attacking me personally. I let his shit ride until he went after one of my moderators and the enforcement of policy.

There's also the fact that the member who forwarded it to me after it was sent to that member doesn't care that I posted it and manifold is banned and has no say in the matter.

Hope that answers your question sufficiently.

I guess this serves as a reminder to all that private messages are not guaranteed to remain private.

Isn't it a tad bit strange that none of the mod's listed above come into question ... other than one :confused:

:eusa_whistle:

Really.. How about the fact that I was the only Mod on at the time?

Would your reaction be the same had any of the others merged redundant threads? No, probably not.

However, since you've taken to speaking for Silence, since it was her statement that the Mods here are liberal hating cons, perhaps you'd like to do her legwork, and point out wherein ANY mod takes action simply based on political party?

Really.. How about the fact that I was the only Mod on at the time?

Would your reaction be the same had any of the others merged redundant threads? No, probably not.

However, since you've taken to speaking for Silence, since it was her statement that the Mods here are liberal hating cons, perhaps you'd like to do her legwork, and point out wherein ANY mod takes action simply based on political party?

I have no clue what you are talking about ..... "speaking for Silence"? My statement stands on it own. It was not connected to any post above it or under it - for that matter.

Me answer a question that Silence asked? :lol:

I am speaking for Silence? You are joking right? :lol:

But good try, again .... to attempt an argument from me. Not gonna happed. :lol:

I think perhaps the perception is that the board is slanted because there is only one openly liberal mod, Jillian. Every other mod and/or admin is a liberal hating con...or so it would seem.

i don't hate anyone, especially for something as ephemeral as a political POV.
i've certainly disagreed with people here, sometimes vehemently so, and i can definitely be nasty as the next guy, but i've never used my authority as a mod to try to censor someone.

actually, i take that back. i got on willow's case for the baby talk "wibwal" stuff and she pointed out that it was unfair of me to target her just because she annoyed me.

you know what? she was right. i keep that in mind now.

I guess this serves as a reminder to all that private messages are not guaranteed to remain private.

Read the rules. There is no guarantee they will remain private other than your trust in who you send it to. I get PMs between members forwarded to me all the time, as do the moderators.

Isn't it a tad bit strange that none of the mod's listed above come into question ... other than one :confused:

Your personal problem with one of them doesn't bring that moderator into question. It starkly outlines your inability to grasp the concept of differentiating between a moderator posting as a member and a moderator representing the board as a moderator.

How many times does that need to be explained before you get it? Yet EVERY time, the second a word is said to you, you start crying foul.

Is a moderator's decision to merge a thread really a reason for all of this drama? Good god, we are people and are not perfect. Howver this wasn't close to being in the realm of a mistake. If I were the moderator on at the time I would have done the same thing. Multiple posts with the same subject is spam. Flame Zone or not.

I have no clue what you are talking about ..... "speaking for Silence"? My statement stands on it own. It was not connected to any post above it or under it - for that matter.

Me answer a question that Silence asked? :lol:

I am speaking for Silence? You are joking right? :lol:

But good try, again .... to attempt an argument from me. Not gonna happed. :lol:

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Spose you've missed the part where I've come down on Libs and Cons alike for breaking the SAME rules.

I can see where your ignorant ass would find that extremely biased, tho, since you were one of them.

How about the fact that she is most 'on'? At that time the only one? Mani was multi posting and she warned, not once, but at least twice. (I keep saying 'at least' as I thought I saw more). She also to the best of my knowledge was not the one to ban him/her.

Mani's behavior was just over the line.

Your personal problem with one of them doesn't bring that moderator into question. It starkly outlines your inability to grasp the concept of differentiating between a moderator posting as a member and a moderator representing the board as a moderator.

How many times does that need to be explained before you get it? Yet EVERY time, the second a word is said to you, you start crying foul.

Yes, Sir. And I listen to you when you tell me to "drop it", in a public thread, right?

What is said in PM's are, or once were "private". When you posted the PM from Mani .... you made sure that everyone could see who it went to, including myself, because there are a few of us that do agree with him. Is that against the rule's now too (to agree with another member) :confused:

Yes, Sir. And I listen to you when you tell me to "drop it", in a public thread, right?

What is said in PM's are, or once were "private". When you posted the PM from Mani .... you made sure that everyone could see who it went to, including myself, because there are a few of us that do agree with him. Is that against the rule's now too (to agree with another member) :confused:

Everyone could see who the PM went to. Mani made sure of that.

Where did anyone state that you're not allowed to agree with him? What was stated is that you can't tell the difference between a Mod as a poster, and a Mod as a Mod.

Stop making stuff up.

You are NOT getting it. If you send a pm to Gunny or a mod and they post it, shame on them. If you send a mass pm, and one of the recipients forward it to the management, well fair game. That is what happened. The mass pm was an attempt to undermine the governing of the board.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Spose you've missed the part where I've come down on Libs and Cons alike for breaking the SAME rules.

I can see where your ignorant ass would find that extremely biased, tho, since you were one of them.

No comment ... to your typical type of response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back