In Defense of Helen Thomas

I notice you say this or that poster is not a liberal. By your definition, who is?

Off the top of my head: EZ, Goldcatt, Jillian. There are, of course, more than that but those three are most definitely 'liberal'. I'ma conservative leaning 'classical liberal'.

No...you are a right wing pea brain, AND what I called you...:lol::lol::lol:

It takes courage to admit that calling someone on a message board a whore and a c*nt is tasteless and stupid so I am not surprised that you think it's acceptable. You're a spineless fool. And the above post is confirmation of it. Thanks for proving me right - again.

Yea, we need government to be able to do as they wish, without anyone asking any questions...ironic how you right wing pea brains LOVE dictatorships over democratic government.

I do not recall you having any problems during the primaries in 2008 when the press REFUSED to do their job in regards Obama. I do not recall you minding one wit when Obama went back on every major promise he made. I do not recall you minding at all when Obama had his Justice department call military veterans potential terrorists. No complaints were heard from you, as I recall, when Obama had Holder push to remove Miranda rights. No whining was heard either when Obama had Holder tell us he was gonna bring suit against a law he never even read.

You seem, in fact, to have NO PROBLEM at all when the Left controls the Government and does just about anything it wants aided and abetted by the press.

Gee Sarge, are you really as stupid as you sound?

Do you mean the press REFUSED to do their job in regards (to) Obama like they did in 2000, when they openly rooted for Bush over Gore?

The Justice department never called military veterans potential terrorists.

The ONLY complaints over tampering with the Miranda rights have come FROM the left.

I am SURE beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Arizona's fascist 'show me your papers' law was read, dissected and gone over with a fine toothed comb by a team of lawyers.

I am still waiting for these 'leftists' to take control of government...
Ironic you would have the liberty bell as your avy, You and it are both cracked.

I do not recall you having any problems during the primaries in 2008 when the press REFUSED to do their job in regards Obama. I do not recall you minding one wit when Obama went back on every major promise he made. I do not recall you minding at all when Obama had his Justice department call military veterans potential terrorists. No complaints were heard from you, as I recall, when Obama had Holder push to remove Miranda rights. No whining was heard either when Obama had Holder tell us he was gonna bring suit against a law he never even read.

You seem, in fact, to have NO PROBLEM at all when the Left controls the Government and does just about anything it wants aided and abetted by the press.

Gee Sarge, are you really as stupid as you sound?

Do you mean the press REFUSED to do their job in regards (to) Obama like they did in 2000, when they openly rooted for Bush over Gore?

The Justice department never called military veterans potential terrorists.

The ONLY complaints over tampering with the Miranda rights have come FROM the left.

I am SURE beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Arizona's fascist 'show me your papers' law was read, dissected and gone over with a fine toothed comb by a team of lawyers.

I am still waiting for these 'leftists' to take control of government...
Ironic you would have the liberty bell as your avy, You and it are both cracked.

Ironic, you can't refute any of my points...so you sent me a neg rep. Seems like the right wing cowardice is in full bloom today...

I like Helen, she has brass. Any professional who speaks against the Israeli government in the US is automatically black balled, vilified, and marginalized.

Forgiving Helen Thomas

I am a jew. I love what we hope as a culture we are really about. I love Jewishness. But then, the way I think of Jewishness, I love Italian-ness, Irish-ness and all the other nesses, too. What we all intend, at least what our cultures and religions say we all intend, is good.
Among them is forgiveness. As journalist Helen Thomas leaves the national stage after her 50-year run, it's time to forgive that now ancient hatched-faced whippersnapper, whose just being there delighted us for so many years. I will never forgive her offensive last words per se, but rest well, Ms. Thomas, on the billions of other words and on the 90 years it took to say them.

by Norman Lear
On Faith Panelists Blog: Forgiving Helen Thomas - Norman Lear

Fuck you you pea brained coward...you will always get back a neg rep
Meh I was hoping for a **** or ***** all I got was this lame shit , this toilet trout aint got anything on the gaybiker.

You right wing scum bags LOVE to send neg reps. It's because you slime balls get off on anything that is punitive.

BTW, the majority of homophobes suffer from latent homosexuality...

I like Helen, she has brass. Any professional who speaks against the Israeli government in the US is automatically black balled, vilified, and marginalized.

yeah,, it's cool to admire an old hugly hazard who tell Jews to go back to the countries in which they were slaughtered.. typical left wing moron..

"dean of the White House Press Corp?" =

Biggest Fly on the Shitpile

Yea, we need government to be able to do as they wish, without anyone asking any questions...ironic how you right wing pea brains LOVE dictatorships over democratic government.

I do not recall you having any problems during the primaries in 2008 when the press REFUSED to do their job in regards Obama. I do not recall you minding one wit when Obama went back on every major promise he made.
I do not recall you minding at all when Obama had his Justice department call military veterans potential terrorists.
No complaints were heard from you, as I recall, when Obama had Holder push to remove Miranda rights. No whining was heard either when Obama had Holder tell us he was gonna bring suit against a law he never even read.

Fascism rode, like a monkey, into Italy on the backs of impotent military men with nothing to do with their pent up aggression.

I do not recall you having any problems during the primaries in 2008 when the press REFUSED to do their job in regards Obama. I do not recall you minding one wit when Obama went back on every major promise he made.
I do not recall you minding at all when Obama had his Justice department call military veterans potential terrorists.
No complaints were heard from you, as I recall, when Obama had Holder push to remove Miranda rights. No whining was heard either when Obama had Holder tell us he was gonna bring suit against a law he never even read.

Fascism rode, like a monkey, into Italy on the backs of impotent military men with nothing to do with their pent up aggression.

Like a monkey?

What kind of Monkey?

I do not recall you having any problems during the primaries in 2008 when the press REFUSED to do their job in regards Obama. I do not recall you minding one wit when Obama went back on every major promise he made. No complaints were heard from you, as I recall, when Obama had Holder push to remove Miranda rights. No whining was heard either when Obama had Holder tell us he was gonna bring suit against a law he never even read.

Like a monkey?

What kind of Monkey?

The monkey on your back. In your case, a sea monkey. Other people have different monkeys.

maybe this will help with the monkey definition:

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6q9nBusrq8"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6q9nBusrq8[/ame]

I'm not here to make excuses for Thomas but to grieve the bitter and bizarre ending of a 67-year career that enhanced the profile and prominence of women working in the field of journalism.

Let's not forget these firsts that Thomas achieved during her decades in Washington, D.C.:

•First woman officer of the National Press Club after it opened its doors to women members in 1971
•First female White House bureau chief for UPI (1974), the first woman to hold such a position for a wire service.
•First woman officer of the White House Correspondents Association and its first woman president (1975-76).
•First woman member of the Gridiron Club (1973)and its first woman president (1993)
Thomas was also the recipient of numerous awards, including:

•Matrix Award from the Women in Communications
•Columbia University Journalism Award
•National Press Club Fourth Estate Award
•Bob Considine Award, Hearst Newspapers
•International Women's Media Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award
•Society of Professional Journalists First Lifetime Award
•Glamour Woman of the Year Lifetime Achievement Award
And Thomas earned a number of honorary doctorate degrees, most recently from Brown University, St. Bonaventure University, Michigan State University and the George Washington University.

As a White House correspondent, her beat was the presidency and as her website states, her reportage was global:

Helen Thomas traveled around the world several times with Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush and Clinton, and covered every economic summit. In February, 1972, she was the only newspaperwoman to travel with President Nixon to China during his breakthrough trip. Since then, she has been to China on many subsequent presidential visits.

A public figure who was once named one of the 25 most influential women in America, a reporter who has covered every significant event related to the presidency from Watergate to the election of Barack Obama, and a woman who never met a gender barrier in journalism she couldn't topple, Helen Thomas was forced into retirement yesterday when Hearst News Services announced her departure.

For the next few weeks, the headlines about her will focus on what she did wrong. But 25 seconds of anti-Semitic remarks she uttered on camera should not totally eclipse decades of what she did right. The formerly male bastion of the Washington press corps was breached by her toughness, determination and persistence -- the same qualities that made her an honored journalist and the grande dame of the Washington press corps.
Helen Thomas - Last Comment Overshadowed a Lifetime of Firsts

I'm not here to make excuses for Thomas but to grieve the bitter and bizarre ending of a 67-year career that enhanced the profile and prominence of women working in the field of journalism.

Let's not forget these firsts that Thomas achieved during her decades in Washington, D.C.:

•First woman officer of the National Press Club after it opened its doors to women members in 1971
•First female White House bureau chief for UPI (1974), the first woman to hold such a position for a wire service.
•First woman officer of the White House Correspondents Association and its first woman president (1975-76).
•First woman member of the Gridiron Club (1973)and its first woman president (1993)

And Thomas earned a number of honorary doctorate degrees, most recently from Brown University, St. Bonaventure University, Michigan State University and the George Washington University.

As a White House correspondent, her beat was the presidency and as her website states, her reportage was global:

Helen Thomas traveled around the world several times with Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush and Clinton, and covered every economic summit. In February, 1972, she was the only newspaperwoman to travel with President Nixon to China during his breakthrough trip. Since then, she has been to China on many subsequent presidential visits.

A public figure who was once named one of the 25 most influential women in America, a reporter who has covered every significant event related to the presidency from Watergate to the election of Barack Obama, and a woman who never met a gender barrier in journalism she couldn't topple, Helen Thomas was forced into retirement yesterday when Hearst News Services announced her departure.

For the next few weeks, the headlines about her will focus on what she did wrong. But 25 seconds of anti-Semitic remarks she uttered on camera should not totally eclipse decades of what she did right. The formerly male bastion of the Washington press corps was breached by her toughness, determination and persistence -- the same qualities that made her an honored journalist and the grande dame of the Washington press corps.

The part about going back to certain countries may have been unfortunately ill thought, but I wouldn't brand them anti Semitic. Palis are Semitic. She was pissed at the government and should have qualified that.

It seemed her main accomplishment was being a female in 1970's Washington.

wow.

The part about going back to certain countries may have been unfortunately ill thought, but I wouldn't brand them anti Semitic. Palis are Semitic. She was pissed at the government and should have qualified that.

allow me to put it in perspective for you....

if you heard someone tell someone black to 'go back to africa', would you think they were racist?

Thomas's remarks are indefensible. That doesn't take away from her lifetime of accomplishment. It's an unfortunate ending to a long and distinquished career. Thomas should have put more thought into her political position and stated her position without harming others. Norman Lear has the right idea.

Last edited:

The question is, if Thomas had made statements like this early on in her career would she have HAD such a career? I think not.

The point is for sixty seven years she made no such remarks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back