In a haunting 360 VIDEO, a father relives his daughter’s death amid ruins of ghost city Mosul

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Disir, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Disir

Disir Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,593
    Panoramic footage from the ruined old city of Mosul, Iraq lets you take a walk through the husk of what was once a bustling economic center, and later a stronghold for ISIS terrorists. Now, what it resembles most is a cemetery.
    Former Old Town resident Mohammed Qadir walks through the decrepit shell of his former home, detailing the horrors witnessed there to a Ruptly news crew. Holding nothing back, Qadir launches into his sad tale: “If you want to know, this is the story of how my family and I lived under ISIS occupation. This is the house, the home we used to live in... I lost a child, a daughter aged 17 years old.”

His home is located only a stone’s throw from the al-Nuri mosque where head of the Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS), Abu Bakr al Baghdadi preached his only public sermon in July 2014.
    In a haunting 360 VIDEO, a father relives his daughter’s death amid ruins of ghost city Mosul

Ya, it is RT but this isn't something new or that has not been reported elsewhere.