CDZ Impeachment Precedent

I am really concerned about the precedent this impeachment is setting.

It is along strict party lines. Very weak charges. No high crimes or misdemeanors.

To me it is not a legitimate impeachment but a Democrat Dirty Tricks Operation.

Is this going to be the precedent every time one party is in control of the House and another Party holds the Presidency?

Democrats should be just as concerned as Republicans because it could happen to them next. For instance, the Republican Congress could have impeached Obama over him abusing his power by using the IRS to disenfranchise his political rivals.

Okay, did you miss the whole 1999 Impeachment of Bill Clinton, which was over a personal matter, on a party line vote, very weak charges, and no high crimes or misdemeanors?

Congress couldn't have impeached Obama because 1) There was no evidence he knew what Lois Lerner was doing and 2) Lerner was within the letter of the law.

Okay, did you miss the whole 1999 Impeachment of Bill Clinton, which was over a personal matter,

Perjury in a sexual harassment lawsuit.

Lying about a blowjob to your wife, or your buddies is one thing, lying about a blowjob, or anything else, to a Grand Jury is something else.

He never lied to a grand jury.

He lied in a deposition, in a case that was ruled to have no merit, on a matter the judge ruled was irrelevant to the case.

And you could make an argument that he didn't lie, because a lot of men don't consider oral gratification to be sex.

He never lied to a grand jury.

He lied in a deposition,

Under oath.

in a case that was ruled to have no merit, on a matter the judge ruled was irrelevant to the case.

I guess he should have told the truth...….

I'm not sure how that all came up

He whipped it out and asked Paula Jones to kiss it.

Okay... except that there was no evidence he did. Paula Jones claimed he had a distinguishing characteristic, which was not supported by women who have legitimately had sex with Clinton, nor by his physical records.

Okay... except that there was no evidence he did.

Seems to have a history of doing it at work with underlings...….

The impeachment is bull shit. Total propaganda.

What we should all be concerned about is our government using a clearly phony dossier to spy on a presidential campaign. They lied repeatedly to the FISA court to do their spying.

The KGB in the bad old days of the USSR, would greatly admire our FBI.

So what? The point was, a bunch of people associated with that campaign WERE dealing with the Russians.

The point was, a bunch of people associated with that campaign WERE dealing with the Russians.

Like Christopher Steele.

Trump will forever be seen as an incompetent illegitimate president, and now he will be known as one of the few who were impeached. What a loser.

How is Trump illegitimate?

Can you point where any votes were changed in the 2016 election in favor of Trump?

We both know minds and votes are certainly changed through advertising. That's why political parties spend millions on it every election. The FALSE information spread by Russian sources have been shown to have had an effect on the outcome of the election. Just because it's difficult, or impossible to put an exact number on how drastically the election numbers were effected doesn't mean the effect wasn't substantial. Your taunt about how many votes were changed for Trump is either the ramblings of a less than intelligent person, or the direct application of unethical misdirection. I know the leadership of the GOP is smart enough to see what really happened, so their repetition of that meme is proof positive of lack of integrity.

The FALSE information spread by Russian sources have been shown to have had an effect on the outcome of the election.

Which Russian meme got you to vote for Trump?

Just because it's difficult, or impossible to put an exact number on how drastically the election numbers were effected doesn't mean the effect wasn't substantial.

Substantial? How much did they spend?

It is along strict party lines. Very weak charges. No high crimes or misdemeanors.

Is this going to be the precedent every time one party is in control of the House and another Party holds the Presidency?

Democrats should be just as concerned as Republicans because it could happen to them next. For instance, the Republican Congress could have impeached Obama over him abusing his power by using the IRS to disenfranchise his political rivals.

Okay, did you miss the whole 1999 Impeachment of Bill Clinton, which was over a personal matter, on a party line vote, very weak charges, and no high crimes or misdemeanors?

Congress couldn't have impeached Obama because 1) There was no evidence he knew what Lois Lerner was doing and 2) Lerner was within the letter of the law.

Okay, did you miss the whole 1999 Impeachment of Bill Clinton, which was over a personal matter,

These uneducated low information Moon Bats like Joe don't understand that Slick Willy didn't get impeached for getting a blowjob in the White House (although he should have). He got impeached for the high crime of lying under oath about it. People go to jail for perjury all the time.

He was charged with the high crime of perjury by a bi-partisan House. Democrats voted for it.

To bad the Democrats in the Senate didn't have the courage to hold the sonofabitch responsible for his crimes.

Long long ago I read an negative article about a politician I thought was an ok person,so I looked up the original papers, it took about 5 min too discover the truth. I have looked up many things this last year in quest for the truth, they have been unavailable. this is a great lose to the American public. all media is owned by those promoting their own agenda, what we have lost is most honest members of the press, they are now whores for the Dollar or party only promoters.

These uneducated low information Moon Bats like Joe don't understand that Slick Willy didn't get impeached for getting a blowjob in the White House (although he should have). He got impeached for the high crime of lying under oath about it. People go to jail for perjury all the time.

He was charged with the high crime of perjury by a bi-partisan House. Democrats voted for it.

To bad the Democrats in the Senate didn't have the courage to hold the sonofabitch responsible for his crimes.

Actually Clinton was impeached on two charges-perjury to a Grand Jury and obstruction of Justice.

And far from 'bi-partisan'- the historical revisionism is strong with the Trumpkins- it was almost entirely along party lines

Democratic Republican Independent
Yea
14px-Black_check.svg.png
5 223 0 228
Nay 200 5 1 206
Second article
(perjury / Jones case)
Party Total votes
Democratic
Republican Independent
Yea 5 200 0 205
Nay
14px-Black_check.svg.png
200 28 1

What we should all be concerned about is our government using a clearly phony dossier to spy on a presidential campaign. They lied repeatedly to the FISA court to do their spying.

So what? The point was, a bunch of people associated with that campaign WERE dealing with the Russians.

The point was, a bunch of people associated with that campaign WERE dealing with the Russians.

Like Christopher Steele.

Like Donald Trump Jr.

I will make this real simple.

Republican House is controlled by Republicans. A Democrat is in the White House that the Republicans don't like.

The Republicans dream up impeachment charges against the Democrat President. Very little substance to the charges. They even charge him with Obstruction of Congress because he won't go along with their partisan scam. The charges are so weak that no Democrats join the Republicans. Only Republicans vote for the Impeachment.

Is that what you want?

Because that is exactly what is happening now except the parties are reversed.

The question: Is this the precedent you want for this country?

'very little substance to the charges'

Well that is the crux isn't it? Republicans claim there is no substance to the charges- yet about half of Americans support impeachment- because of the charges. Who decides whether there is substance or not? The House does.

Do I think that the opposition party should attempt impeachment whenever they hold the House opposite the President? No.

Do I think that the House should consider impeachment when a President asks a foreign government to investigate his political rival? Yes.
Actually, the SENATE decides if there is any substance to the charges (during the trial).....

The Republican Senate. according to Mitch McConnell has already decided. In this case not based upon substance but because they are openly united with the President.

Like Christopher Steele.

Like Donald Trump Jr.

Don Jr was dealing with that foreigner, Christopher Steele? Outrageous!!!

Back to the OP for a minute. I don't think the GOP is going to go down the same path the Dems are doing now, especially if the Dems get their asses kicked and lose the house in November. When the Repubs impeached Clinton 20 years ago, they didn't lose their House majority but they did lose some seats, so hopefully lesson learned. Who knows when the Dems might have one of their own back in the WH with a Repub House, the way the Dems are going it's gonna be awhile before that happens cuz the far Left is ruining that party. I just hope to God when Trump gets re-elected, the House will flip back to the GOP. 4 more years of impeachment after impeachment for doing his job doesn't appeal.

That was ruled to have no legal merit.

Please cite a case where someone went to jail for perjury over a personal affair? Thanks.

Please cite a case where someone went to jail for perjury over a personal affair? Thanks.

It had enough merit at the time to force a sitting President to testify...….and perjure himself.

Please cite a case where someone went to jail for perjury over a personal affair?

Please cite the "it's a personal affair, so perjury is legal" exception to the law.

It had enough merit at the time to force a sitting President to testify...….and perjure himself.

Please cite a case where someone went to jail for perjury over a personal affair?

Please cite the "it's a personal affair, so perjury is legal" exception to the law.

These confused immoral Moon Bats like Joe will go to any lengths, no matter how convoluted, to support the Clinton scum.

And then the judge realized the testimony had no merit, and disallowed it.

Every divorce case, pretty much. Everyone lies about sex.

I would argue that Clinton didn't even lie. A lot of men don't consider oral gratification to be sex. They only consider genital to genital contact to be sex.

These confused immoral Moon Bats like Joe will go to any lengths, no matter how convoluted, to support the Clinton scum.

Naw, what he did was wrong and all... it just wasn't impeachable like trying to solicit a foreign government to smear your political opponent...

What he did was between him and his wife. His lying about it had no effect on Paula Jones' meritless case.

Naw, what he did was wrong and all... it just wasn't impeachable like trying to solicit a foreign government to smear your political opponent...

What he did was between him and his wife. His lying about it had no effect on Paula Jones' meritless case.
So BJ Clinton paid Paula Jones $850,000 to settle the case just for the hell of it???

Forum List

Back