• Both

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The government for allowing this to happen

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
What a mess lax immigration policy has created. Who is most at fault?

Immigrant who fled Mexico arrested after complaining about wages

When state labor officials informed Solais that her case should be handled by federal, not state, investigators, Solais turned to a private lawyer for help. Solais’ attorney sent Scotti D’Abbusco a letter last December asking that he settle the wages Solais said she was due.

Meanwhile, Scotti D’Abbusco hired a private investigator to examine Solais. When the investigator determined that Solais had submitted to her boss identification with someone else’s Social Security number, the investigator alerted Roxboro police. Solais was arrested on charges of identity fraud two weeks later.

“I never thought as I was trying to go through the process of recouping my wages that they would find a way to get me arrested,” Solais said through an interpreter. “I never thought they were capable of doing something like that.”

After her arrest, she was also charged with more than 20 counts of obtaining property by false pretenses. Because she wasn’t authorized to work in the U.S., Roxboro police say she obtained her paychecks illegally.

Read more here: Immigrant who fled Mexico arrested after complaining about wages

Forum List

Back