How Long Before Vetting Is Called Torture??

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Having control of the media serves the Left well!
After 9/11, in an effort to weaken and undermine Bush's efforts against terrorism, the Liberals/Democrats shouted that enhanced interrogation was "TORTURE!!!"

Now, with an insane man in the Oval Office who demands hundreds of thousands of Middle Easterners be brought into the country, oblivious to worldwide terrorism in support of a caliphate, he has threatened to veto any increased vetting of these individuals

"The White House on Wednesday threatened a presidential veto of House Republican legislation aimed at increasing screenings for Syrian and Iraqi refugees before they enter the United States, calling new requirements in the bill "untenable.""
Obama Threatens to Veto House GOP Bill on Syrian Refugees

Can cries of "TORTURE!!!" be far behind?
So....before the Left engages in the usual societal indoctrination.....let's remind all of what torture actually is.

2.. Having co-opted and controlled the various agencies that disseminate information has proven to be a boon to the Leftists/Liberals who now control this secular society. In the ObamaCare legislation, the panel whose efforts would have resulted in death was not allowed to be called a "Death Panel."

So much control that they used language as a cudgel to restrict the Bush administration's attempt gain valuable information from captured Islamic terrorists.
The attempt used benign methods, none of which could actually be called 'torture.'

But labeled 'torture,' they were.

Then, there is actual torture.
3. "In a public square in Beijing in 1904, multiple murderer Wang Weiqin was executed before a crowd of onlookers. He was among the last to suffer the extreme punishment known as lingchi. Called by Western observers “death by a thousand cuts” or “death by slicing,” this penalty was reserved for the very worst crimes in imperial China.

A unique interdisciplinary history, "Death by a Thousand Cuts" is the first book to explore the history, iconography, and legal contexts of Chinese tortures and executions from the tenth century until lingchi's abolition in 1905. The authors then turn their attention to an in-depth investigation of “oriental” tortures in the Western imagination."
https://books.google.com/booksid=7TfWj_N6QXYC&dq=exquisite+torture+Kublai+Khan's+court&sitesec=reviews

"Death by a Thousand Cuts"
By Timothy Brook, Jérôme Bourgon, Gregory Blue

a. "Lingchi... translated variously asdeath by a thousand cuts(simplified Chinese:;traditional Chinese:) or “千刀万剐”, theslow process, thelingering death, orslow slicing, was a form of torture andexecutionused in Chinafrom roughly AD 900 until it was banned in 1905.

In this form of execution, a knife was used to methodically remove portions of the body over an extended period of time, eventually resulting in death. The term "língchí" is derived from a classical description of ascending a mountain slowly.Lingchiwas reserved for crimes viewed as especially severe, such as treason, or killing one's parents.

The process involved tying the condemned prisoner to a wooden frame, usually in a public place. The flesh was then cut from the body in multiple slices in a process that was not specified in detail in Chinese law, and therefore most likely varied. In later times, opiumwas sometimes administered either as an act of mercy or as a way of preventing fainting. The punishment worked on three levels: as a form of public humiliation, as a slow and lingering death, and as a punishment after death." Lingchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Depriving a suspect of sleep?
Having a suspect to stand in uncomfortable positions for many hours at a time?
Torture?

Two years of wading through interminable bureaucratic red tape while struggling to survive the idiocy of RWNJ's lies?

Yep. Sounds pretty torturous to me.

Thanks PC, for showing compassion for your fellow human being.

PS. I don't read your posts so this is in answer to your thread title.

Actually the road that the liberal left always travels is "it for the children." In this case Obama went one step further and said that opposition was oppostion to "Women and Orphans."

Abortion: "it's for the children."

Actually the road that the liberal left always travels is "it for the children." In this case Obama went one step further and said that opposition was oppostion to "Women and Orphans."

Why do you hate children? (other than for the acceptable reasons, lol)

Two years of wading through interminable bureaucratic red tape while struggling to survive the idiocy of RWNJ's lies?

Yep. Sounds pretty torturous to me.

Thanks PC, for showing compassion for your fellow human being.

PS. I don't read your posts so this is in answer to your thread title.

You finally have a point beyond the one under your hat:
I have no compassion for terrorists.

Another difference between us, huh?

Torture?

NO!! i would love to show them what torture is, first they would have their finger nails ripped off and nitric acid poured on them just to help the healing process, if that did not work each finger one at a time would be chopped off one joint at a time, i learned other methods but these are a starter. :up:

Torture?

NO!! i would love to show them what torture is, first they would have their finger nails ripped off and nitric acid poured on them just to help the healing process, if that did not work each finger one at a time would be chopped off one joint at a time, i learned other methods but these are a starter. :up:

If you stick with the rest of this thread, you may actually find some new methods.

It's gonna get graphic.

Yeah, pretty much, so is sex...

btw, PC, when are you going to assimilate?

How many times do I have to warn you to stick to words you can define??????

You're a rightwing extremist cult member. That is not assimilation into America.

I'm an American who would like to see America continue.

You might say that, too...but in your case it would be a verification of your name, the NYLiar.

No, you're a rightwing extremist and rightwing extremism is anything but good for America.

Jeezus, you threw Ronald Reagan under the bus the other day because he didn't destroy Social Security.

Forum List

Back