Imagine a world without hated billionaires!

It would be so wonderful not to have the Fords Duponts Gates Rockefellers, Jobs types around anymore. Who needs their stinkin jobs and products anyway. What was so bad about the Stone Age anyway??

There has always been folks in every society whose power and control exceeded that of most of the rest of the society.

Our elite class, as with so many other societies in history, happen to be of that ilk based on net worth.

But with or without that value system, there is still going to be a class of people in CHARGE of society.

But in our system, one based on a system of economic control, it's the uberwealthy who call the shots.

Get rid of that system, replace it with one with a different calue system, and another class will be on top.

We could have for example, a theocracy, where the master class with religious authority owns no property.

We could have a Mandarin class-run system, where the leaders are civil servants who own next to nothing.

But we don't.

We have the system we have.

That's really all there is to it.

Mankind has had complex societies where property rights were not especially important.

Last edited:
I don't mind billionaires. I just hate that they pay less of a percentage of their income in taxes than I do. I mean.......they only pay 15-20 percent while the rest of us pay 28 to 32 percent. I know the tax rates for the working joes because that is what the military taxed you at. If your state taxed the military, they got 4 percent, and then the federal government took 28 percent. One of the reasons people loved to reenlist in a war zone is because there is no taxes paid on a military check in one.

Like I said, I'd just like them to pay their fair share.

Are you referring to income tax, or capital gains tax?

Most billionaires make their money via capital gains. Why should they pay less percentages than the rest of us?

I agree with you 100%. I was just making sure that we were on the same page. And I'll say again: If something doesn't change, the very wealthy will be the only ones left to pay taxes. I don't think that I could afford much more than I already pay.

And most of us did what we were told to do. "Go to college, work hard, save for a rainy day, etc..." Those rainy days come more and more frequently now, it seems. I don't know. I'm trying to stay positive.

Are you referring to income tax, or capital gains tax?

Most billionaires make their money via capital gains. Why should they pay less percentages than the rest of us?

I agree with you 100%. I was just making sure that we were on the same page. And I'll say again: If something doesn't change, the very wealthy will be the only ones left to pay taxes. I don't think that I could afford much more than I already pay.

And most of us did what we were told to do. "Go to college, work hard, save for a rainy day, etc..." Those rainy days come more and more frequently now, it seems. I don't know. I'm trying to stay positive.

It's been storming over here for about three years..........those rainy day savings are all used up. :(

Bill Gates wasn't a billionaire when Microsoft began, and the top tax rate was 70 some percent.

If you believe the 'logic' of conservatives, that's why Microsoft never happened. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are very few bilionares that started off as billionares :confused:

I think the Koch brothers inherited their fortune however much that was . :lol:

Gates became a billionaire and created thousands of jobs, right? How is that possible when the current conservative gospel is that a 4 percentage point increase in the top tax rate will destroy the 'job creators'?

Some Partisan Donkey said:
In this country, gas has been cheap for over 100 years. Standard Oil made it cheap. However, recently toads like Bush have made it expensive.

No argument here. :thup:

It would be so wonderful not to have the Fords Duponts Gates Rockefellers, Jobs types around anymore. Who needs their stinkin jobs and products anyway. What was so bad about the Stone Age anyway??

To my knowledge, none of those names you listed are whining about paying their fair share of taxes.

Gates is the only one on you list who ever paid an income tax, dipstick.

The top income tax rate was 77% during World War I. Were none of those families making money that long ago?

I can imagine a world without hatred period. We should all be working for that. Which is why dividing people because of their wealth is wrong.

I don't mind billionaires. I just hate that they pay less of a percentage of their income in taxes than I do. I mean.......they only pay 15-20 percent while the rest of us pay 28 to 32 percent. I know the tax rates for the working joes because that is what the military taxed you at. If your state taxed the military, they got 4 percent, and then the federal government took 28 percent. One of the reasons people loved to reenlist in a war zone is because there is no taxes paid on a military check in one.

actually the top 1% pay 38% of all federal taxes!!! Liberals don't think do they? THe bottom 50% don't pat federal taxes at all!!!!

actually the top 1% pay 38% of all federal taxes!!! Liberals don't think do they? THe bottom 50% don't pat federal taxes at all!!!!

if the top 1% have 95% of the wealth and only pay 38% of taxes, they're underpaying.

if the top 1% have 95% of the wealth and only pay 38% of taxes, they're underpaying.

too stupid and perfectly liberal!!

1) they don't have 95% of wealth

2) were talking about an income tax, not a wealth tax!!!

Nobody hates billionaires, imbeciles.

The problem is the crippling poverty below, and the question of how it got this way, along with what's likely to happen if it continues this way.

But do go on pretending our wealth disparity is not a problem.

Nobody hates billionaires, imbeciles.

The problem is the crippling poverty below, and the question of how it got this way,

how it got this way????? Liberalism of course. 90% of poverty is eliminated if you graduate high school and don't have a baby while a teen!

Want 30 million new jobs too? Just ship 20 million illegals home and make unions illegal again. Can't do it because libtards oppose it.

But do go on pretending our wealth disparity is not a problem.

yes the disparity is a huge huge problem..... caused by liberalism!
Why not balance the budget so China has to buy our goods and services (creating American jobs) rather than buying our deficits!!

Libtards oppose balancing the budget so the disparity is 100% there fault

Forum List

Back