Imagine a world without hated billionaires!

I don't mind billionaires. I just hate that they pay less of a percentage of their income in taxes than I do. I mean.......they only pay 15-20 percent while the rest of us pay 28 to 32 percent. I know the tax rates for the working joes because that is what the military taxed you at. If your state taxed the military, they got 4 percent, and then the federal government took 28 percent. One of the reasons people loved to reenlist in a war zone is because there is no taxes paid on a military check in one.

Like I said, I'd just like them to pay their fair share.

Perhaps the rest of us are paying too much. I think we should only be paying 15-20 percent. I do not see how raising taxes on the rich will solve any of our problems. What problems did it solve during the Great Depression when FDR raised their taxes?
I sincerely believe that raising the capital gains tax at this time will cause the economy to become worst than it already is.
Our politicians are unwilling to solve these problems and attacking the rich will get them votes. So, go head and tax them. Hmm. what do you think is fair? I recommend a 90% tax. If we are determined to completely destroy our economy let's get it done quickly. Don't use the proceeds to pay down the debt. Instead let's have another stimulus package, since the last two worked so well.

the first decade or 2 of my life, there were no individual billionaires, that i know of or can remember???

What in the hell is your point. in the first 2 decades of my life cars were 5 Grand new, and you could buy a nice new house for 50 Grand. The Value of Money changes. Used to be a Millionaire was super rich, Today a Million dollars does not go nearly as far as it used to.

It would be so wonderful not to have the Fords Duponts Gates Rockefellers, Jobs types around anymore. Who needs their stinkin jobs and products anyway. What was so bad about the Stone Age anyway??

That would never happen in this system. The system is set up for the money to flow in one direction. You could 'redistribute' it all tomorrow, and before long it would all be back in the hands of the same people.

It would be so wonderful not to have the Fords Duponts Gates Rockefellers, Jobs types around anymore. Who needs their stinkin jobs and products anyway. What was so bad about the Stone Age anyway??

I have nothing against billionaire who dont mind paying their fair share.

its the greedy fucks who want to be the new kings that bother me.

Do you really think ONLY these people know how to create jobs?

You are with BriBri on the monarchy thing huh?

Most Billionaires have their money in a bank, and did indeed pay their fair share on it. WHEN THEY EARNED IT, now they pay Capital Gains on their Interest.

You, the rich don't pay their fair share assholes disgust me.

Lets see how you feel the first time you gross 1 Million dollars and after local, state, and Federal Taxes, Get to keep 350,000 Grand.

Fair share my ass. How is it poor people fair share of Federal Income Tax is 0? That's everyone paying their fair share?

Shut the fuck up.

I don't mind billionaires. I just hate that they pay less of a percentage of their income in taxes than I do. I mean.......they only pay 15-20 percent while the rest of us pay 28 to 32 percent. I know the tax rates for the working joes because that is what the military taxed you at. If your state taxed the military, they got 4 percent, and then the federal government took 28 percent. One of the reasons people loved to reenlist in a war zone is because there is no taxes paid on a military check in one.

I know the above is the typical Lefty meme comparing apples to oranges however I can get behind the idea in one respect. No one should pay more than 20% of their income in taxes.

Are you referring to income tax, or capital gains tax?

Bill Gates wasn't a billionaire when Microsoft began, and the top tax rate was 70 some percent.

If you believe the 'logic' of conservatives, that's why Microsoft never happened. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bill Gate did not become a Billionaire until 1986, five years after the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981, the Reagan tax cuts provided a 25 percent across-the-board cut in personal marginal tax rates. The top rate was around 50%.

So let's do the math............what's 20% of one million or 32% of 50,000.00 ...........

$200,000.00 vs $16,000.00

so who's really paying more???

Are you referring to income tax, or capital gains tax?

Most billionaires make their money via capital gains. Why should they pay less percentages than the rest of us?

To my knowledge, none of those names you listed are whining about paying their fair share of taxes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htX2usfqMEs&feature=player_detailpage]Elizabeth Warren on Debt Crisis, Fair Taxation - YouTube[/ame]

Imagine a place where everyone is a billionaire?

cropped-best-photosml.jpg

Check out this book (link at bottom) written By Bill Gates Sr (father of America's richest man).

He describes how great wealth - given its ability to buy politicians and staff government - now exercises the same degree of centralized power as Stalin.

He says that de-centralized power is achieved by broadly shared wealth, which prevents any one interest group from becoming so wealthy that they can buy government and impose their will on everyone else. He says that two men - the Koch Brothers - have more political power than the population of entire states. He says that they represent the essence of centralized power.

He says that the biggest threat to the country is not Obama; rather, it's the wealthy people who own him.

He says his son was not driven by money - rather, he was driven by the notion of putting a computer on every desk and changing the way humans live. He says that the men who died in WWII were not motivated by money.

God help you my son.

Read this book before your brain has been fully destroyed by talk radio. You will learn that money is the new form of concentrated power.

Wealth and Our Commonwealth: Why ... - William H. Gates, Chuck Collins - Google Books

(son your party is lying to you. they have used their wealth to create the kind of centralized power that Stalin could only dream of. . . and you don't even see it.)

(He says "the fact that my son is now wealthy enough to buy the entire US Congress is the downside of Reaganomics. Concentrated wealth is the new concentrated political power. It is more powerful than any dictator could ever dream of becoming"

Last edited:

To my knowledge, none of those names you listed are whining about paying their fair share of taxes.

Gates is the only one on you list who ever paid an income tax, dipstick.

Forum List

Back