Im thinking of starting a business

I was hoping to get some feedback from yoiu guys on what would be the more succesful business plan.

I was thinking of producing a certain product in mass quanities with a hope that the result would be because there is mass quantities people would just natrually buy the product.

My alternative plan was to offer a product in a test manner to see what the market wanted and what people would buy.

Which aaproach do you think will result in a more sustainable business?

From my experiance having a business, which I closed a year later, is that you must have a extremely high profit margin to survive. Furthermore the only companies that are doing well right now are companies that recieve mnoney from government either directly or indirectly. Be it direct subsidation, outright buying your product, requiring the public to buy your product or service, or something along those lines.

Whatever profit you think you need, double it. The cost of labor is extremely high, and you will find out that employees dont want to work, they just want to get paid and steal from you. Oh yea they will complain about everything (hope your in a right to work state).

You should also steer as far away from a business that is regulated by the government as you can. Asian immigrants understand this, thats why they open mechanic shops, window tint shops, radio shops etc. My business was regulation heavy, and would regulation have not required that I spend so much money to stay open I would prolly be open today.

Hope that helps. Oh yea, read a book called 'the art of the start' if you decide what you want to do but need help doing it. It helped me.

Thanks for a GREAT answer...

but so you know.... TM is lying about starting a business....

this is a typical start to one of her hak troll threads.

I was hoping to get some feedback from yoiu guys on what would be the more succesful business plan.

I was thinking of producing a certain product in mass quanities with a hope that the result would be because there is mass quantities people would just natrually buy the product.

My alternative plan was to offer a product in a test manner to see what the market wanted and what people would buy.

I'm not following your theory that producing mass quantities of a product will induce people "naturally" to buy the product. People buy products because they want or need them. If they neither want or need what you've produced then it doesn't matter how much of that product you turn out...you're not going to sell it.

Ding ding ding

we have a winner!

OMG you tricky bitch
I was totally foooled. :lol:

Um..either approach is valid.

There is no sure fire business model. You sorta feel it out as you go along.

My advice is don't fall in love with the business.

No, the two scenarios are not the same.

Making massive quantities of a product requires much more capital than test marketing smaller lots.

TM - unless you are very sure about the consumer acceptance for the product and have a great distribution/sales channel lined up, you are better off test marketing the product. Based upon that feedback, you may wish to redesign/reformulate before kicking up higher production levels.

I think of starting a business all the time.

I see nothing wrong with asking which tact makes sense.

I know the first one is an idiots plan but wanted to see who would agree with the first plan and who would agree with the second one.

Every sane person knows which is the idiot plan when you state them this simply.

Its amazing that cons buy it as a poltical belief.

Making massive quantities of a product requires much more capital than test marketing smaller lots.

TM - unless you are very sure about the consumer acceptance for the product and have a great distribution/sales channel lined up, you are better off test marketing the product. Based upon that feedback, you may wish to redesign/reformulate before kicking up higher production levels.

Thank you for agreeing supply side is a complete failure of an idea.

laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif
laugh3.gif

Ditto.

I'm frightened. Terrified.

Try your product on prisoners and people with incurable illnesses first.

Thank you for agreeing supply side is a complete failure of an idea.

That is not what I said - dimbulb.

Supply and Demand are both important. Just making something that nobody wants is not Supply Side Theory.

This is the last time I ever treat a question from you as being sincere, you pathetic flotsam of pond scum.

" You do not hire people unless you have a demand for more product. "

This is essentially true. The question then becomes how does one increase demand on a sustainable basis? IMHO, the answer to that question differs depending on the situation. Frankly, in times like these a tax cut is probably not going to help, certainly not a temporary one like Obama is proposing. It seems to me that when most people are unemployed or have a family member or friend or neighbor who is out of work, there are no magic bullets, no temporary fixes.

One should not be too quick to dismiss the supply side economics however. If you increase the supply of a good or service then the price drops, Econ 101. Lower prices tend to create more demand, other things being equal. Problem is, increased supply requires more capital, both human and otherwise, and nobody is going to willing to accept the associated risks unless the future begins to look brighter.

But no matter which way you go, demand side or supply side, nothing is going to work until the fear and uncertainty is diminished. To me, that means a reversal of policies in Washington away from the anti-business clmate that currently exists.

You're another big idiot around here.

I didn't equate either approach to the other. I said they were valid.

You really know nothing about business, do you?

More than you do, you sad moron.

More than you do, you sad moron.

I owned a bar in Atlanta, Georgia and worked for the NYSE for 13 years.

You?

Let's see those creds.

Forum List

Back