Im thinking of starting a business

I was hoping to get some feedback from yoiu guys on what would be the more succesful business plan.

I was thinking of producing a certain product in mass quanities with a hope that the result would be because there is mass quantities people would just natrually buy the product.

My alternative plan was to offer a product in a test manner to see what the market wanted and what people would buy.

Which aaproach do you think will result in a more sustainable business?

While most businesses would do better with the second model, Wal-Mart became a country unto itself, by employing the first - at least as far as buying in mass. It didn't even matter if what they bought was something people wanted. When you can buy an electric ankle scratcher for 49 cents, a lot of people are going to buy it just in case their ankle itches someday. My wife recently bought a cassette organizer. When did she buy it? A few months ago? Why? Did she need it? Have we even SEEN a cassette in years? Nope. My daughter puts all her earrings in it.

Wanna throw out another super-generalized, leading question that is obviously there solely in the hope that someone will fall into your clever trap?:eusa_shhh:

One thing is for certain, if TDM wants to go into business selling bullshit she will never have to worry about running out of inventory.

Immie

I think of starting a business all the time.

I see nothing wrong with asking which tact makes sense.

I know the first one is an idiots plan but wanted to see who would agree with the first plan and who would agree with the second one.

Every sane person knows which is the idiot plan when you state them this simply.

Its amazing that cons buy it as a poltical belief.

How in God's name does that stupid first scenario you set up have anything to do with supply side economics? You don't even know what that is...do you, TM?

You're another big idiot around here.

I didn't equate either approach to the other. I said they were valid.

You really know nothing about business, do you?

More than you do, you sad moron.

I owned a bar in Atlanta, Georgia and worked for the NYSE for 13 years.

You?

Let's see those creds.

What boedicca?

No creds?

So you are just a bullshit artist?

Oh yeah..nothing new here.

You are a fucking liar..and a bitch.

You're another big idiot around here.

I didn't equate either approach to the other. I said they were valid.

You really know nothing about business, do you?

You?

Let's see those creds.

I'm curious, Sallow...how much did they pay you to sweep up down there on Wall Street? Was it good money?:razz:

You?

Let's see those creds.

What boedicca?

No creds?

I don't post PI on message boards, you sad little misogynist.

But condolences for the failure of your bar. Here's a bit of advice. Next time around, don't personally consume all of your inventory.

You?

Let's see those creds.

What boedicca?

No creds?

Gotta be honest with you, Sallow...if you really DID work on Wall Street for 13 years as anything but a custodian then I'm the Queen of England.

You?

Let's see those creds.

What boedicca?

No creds?

I don't post PI on message boards, you sad little misogynist.

But condolences for the failure of your bar. Here's a bit of advice. Next time around, don't personally consume all of your inventory.

Yep..

Nothing.

As I fucking thought.

I call shenanigans.

There is no way you on earth that you actually think.

You just react in a lower brain stem manner.

You?

Let's see those creds.

What boedicca?

No creds?

Gotta be honest with you, Sallow...if you really DID work on Wall Street for 13 years as anything but a custodian then I'm the Queen of England.

The New York Stock Exchange..queenie.

You wouldn't get it.

Which requires frequent sweeping up.

I was hoping to get some feedback from yoiu guys on what would be the more succesful business plan.

I was thinking of producing a certain product in mass quanities with a hope that the result would be because there is mass quantities people would just natrually buy the product.

My alternative plan was to offer a product in a test manner to see what the market wanted and what people would buy.

What are you selling?

If stupidity needs a consultant - you're in.

Big time

If stupidity needs a consultant - you're in.

Big time

Oddly enough, sometimes stupidity sells. I might want to invest...if my conscience permits. Kind of need to know the details.

I'm not following your theory that producing mass quantities of a product will induce people "naturally" to buy the product. People buy products because they want or need them. If they neither want or need what you've produced then it doesn't matter how much of that product you turn out...you're not going to sell it.

Ding ding ding

we have a winner!

supply side economics is insane

No demand no success.

The economy will only get better when consumers feel good about spending and NOT when business gets tax cuts.,

You think that supply side economics depends on mass production of a product that has not been tested?

Don't start a business. You'll fail.

And this if for TM since she doesn't seem to even understand what supply side economics even refers to.

Supply-Side Economics: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

“Supply-side economics” is also used to describe how changes in marginal tax rates influence economic activity. Supply-side economists believe that high marginal tax rates strongly discourage income, output, and the efficiency of resource use. In recent years, this latter use of the term has become the more common of the two and is thus the focus of this article.

from your link.

Right now the republicans are saying CEOs will hire if we give them YET MORE tax cuts.

Why would they hire without there being a demand fore their product?

the answer is they wouldnt.

They will only pocket the tax cuts until there is enough demand for them to warrent spending on more employees so they can make more proifit.

supply side doesnt work

And this if for TM since she doesn't seem to even understand what supply side economics even refers to.

Supply-Side Economics: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

“Supply-side economics” is also used to describe how changes in marginal tax rates influence economic activity. Supply-side economists believe that high marginal tax rates strongly discourage income, output, and the efficiency of resource use. In recent years, this latter use of the term has become the more common of the two and is thus the focus of this article.

from your link.

Right now the republicans are saying CEOs will hire if we give them YET MORE tax cuts.

They will only pocket the tax cuts until there is enough demand for them to warrent spending on more employees so they can make more proifit.

supply side doesnt work

So what does?

Are you recommending 100% tax rates on all corporate income and personal income over 250k per year?

And for the record, I am of the mindset that we need to raise taxes.

But, I would love to actually see a solution you have come up with.

Immie

from your link.

supply side doesnt work

The main focus of Republicans is not cutting taxes...it's not RAISING them. People like you, Truth are oblivious to the fact that even liberal economists like Christina Romer are declaring that increasing taxes on anyone at this point of the recovery would be bad fiscal policy.

Republicans are trying to do things that will stimulate job creation. President Obama is looking for tax increases. He's once again proving himself to be clueless when it comes to economics.

Forum List

Back