I'm suprised, shocked, really

theim

May 11, 2004
Madison, WI
According to the roll call for the cloture vote on Priscilla Owen, one of the Democratic signees of the agreement to vote for cloture on Owen seems to have broken his word and not done so.

Quoting from the agreement:

"A. Votes for Certain Nominees. We will vote to invoke cloture on the following judicial nominees: Janice Rogers Brown (D.C. Circuit), William Pryor (11th Circuit), and Priscilla Owen (5th Circuit)."

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...ote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=1&vote=00127

well this seems to say otherwise. Senator Inouye has already shown how seriously he takes his republic-saving vow of trust and yadda yadda yadda.
The agreement he signed says "We will vote to invoke cloture" in plain English, black and white. He chooses not to vote, which is certainly not voting to invoke cloture, as the agreement would obligate him to do. Slime.

But honestly, I can't say I'm suprised. I'm not even really angry. Didn't expect them to live up to their end anways. Besides, it's just one little part of the agreement that he broke. Insignificant. I'm sure they will follow the rest of it TO THE LETTER. Really.

What did i say? They would break it by the end of the week. they couldnt even go 48 hours.

mighty quick to jump to that conclusion, aren't you? try finding out if he was even there first.

If he went to the trouble of forming a 14 person panel, of "reaching across the aisle," of "SAVING THE REPUBLIC," as Harry Reid called it yesterday....don't you think he could have taken the responsibility to show up to work to vote for what he said he would the following day?

This is very similar to both John Edwards and John Kerry missing the vote for the Constitutional banning of Gay Marriage. Both spoke openly about how wrong it was, about how Bush was trying to constitutionalize hatred, how it was evil, how they would NEVER approve of such a thing...how absolutely serious this issue was. But on the day of the vote, Kerry was vacationing, and Edwards was campaigning...

Forum List

Back