I'm stunned this is getting ANY coverage, much less widespread as it is...

I definitely believe that marketing ('hype') plays a big role in popularity ratings for many TV shows and movies. But, I would think sustainable popularity would reflect genuine interest by the viewers. I think we are generally on the same page, though.

You're pretty smart, so yeah, I'd say we are. I studied this, and marketing dictates an amazing amount of what makes it to prime time. Do you know that when you're really entertained by a show, laughing really hard, that you are less likely to remember the commercials? That is just one for instance. Marketers have studied this stuff, and really studied people, from way back in the 1950s. It is amazing what they know about our similarities that we don't even know about our individual selves.
{Emphasis added] Wow, I did not know that. Interesting stuff. Someone close to me studied marketing quite indepth and he said his interest in it was how fascinatingly easy it was to "fuck with people", so I believe that.

It IS! Men? OMG. The ease with which they are manipulated is an astounding revelation. Hit my inbox, LOL
Meanwhile, we women have some startlingly similarities as well. Closer kept, in general, but how marketing has applied them is diabolical.

... And it's not even relevant to any degree.

Honolulu police arrest Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting
HONOLULU, Hawaii - One of President Barack Obama's close friends has been arrested in Honolulu on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute.

Robert "Bobby" Titcomb was one of four men arrested in an undercover sting operation late Monday and later released on $500 bail, according to Honolulu police.

Titcomb, 49, attended Punahou School in Honolulu with Obama in the 1970s. The president graduated in 1979, a year before Titcomb. The two often play golf and basketball, go to the beach and dine together when the president returns home to Hawaii for vacation.

Obama's family has also attended barbeques at Titcomb's beachside home in Waialua, located on Oahu's North Shore about an hour outside of downtown Honolulu.

Titcomb and Obama last spent time together in Hawaii during Obama's most recent vacation over the Christmas and New Year's holidays. The White House had no comment
This is ALL OVER Google, AP, SeeBS, NBC and ABC Snooze are all running with it. It's not a big story, why are they all over it like a Haitian on a peanut butter sammich?

Honolulu police arrest Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting - 1310News

humm..its not on drudge, lucianne, yahoo......

I googled;

Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting

and didn't get one major new outlet in 2 pages...

Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting - Google Search

A lot depends on the way the liberal media treats the story. If they snicker and joke around it becomes funny anecdote and Barry Hussein can laugh along with it.

HONOLULU, Hawaii - One of President Barack Obama's close friends has been arrested in Honolulu on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute.

Robert "Bobby" Titcomb was one of four men arrested in an undercover sting operation late Monday and later released on $500 bail, according to Honolulu police.

Titcomb, 49, attended Punahou School in Honolulu with Obama in the 1970s. The president graduated in 1979, a year before Titcomb. The two often play golf and basketball, go to the beach and dine together when the president returns home to Hawaii for vacation.

Obama's family has also attended barbeques at Titcomb's beachside home in Waialua, located on Oahu's North Shore about an hour outside of downtown Honolulu.

Titcomb and Obama last spent time together in Hawaii during Obama's most recent vacation over the Christmas and New Year's holidays. The White House had no comment
This is ALL OVER Google, AP, SeeBS, NBC and ABC Snooze are all running with it. It's not a big story, why are they all over it like a Haitian on a peanut butter sammich?

Honolulu police arrest Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting - 1310News

I googled;

This search gives you yahoo, msnbc, aol, cbs, fox, usatoday, npr, daily mail, and breitfart on the first two pages.....

Last edited:
Not enough people care about real news.

so the media posts this tripe and says; See! We gave big 0 a hard time!!

Has anyone put big 0 to the question yet about hanging around such a person? No. That would be being hard on him and being hard on him is racist.

Still another angle is that if the media can portray B. Hussein as a fun loving regular guy instead of a stiff misfit nerd who throws like a girl and was taught by his muslem father to respect Shria law the story might actually enhance his image.

Republican prostitute enthusiast may win re-election bid - Allison Kilkenny - Unreported - True/Slant

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x2824409

'More business' from GOP

Too bad for Watson and others like him that Denver didn't land the GOP convention instead, said Carol Leigh, a San Francisco prostitute "over 50" who has traveled to previous Democratic conventions in Los Angeles and Atlanta. "It would be a lot better for the sex workers if it was the Republican convention," she said. "We get a lot more business. I don't know if they're just frustrated because of the family values agenda," she said. When the Republican convention was held in New York in 2004, some sex workers offered limited-time discounts, according to New York Magazine, which ran a feature story titled "The Girls in Their Summer Hot Pants."

------------------------
http://www.thehollywoodliberal.com/...ly-values-republican-caught-with-prostitutes/

---------------------------

http://writechic.wordpress.com/2008/02/07/hookers-prefer-republicans/

------------------

http://vox-nova.com/2008/04/10/republicans-forced-abortion-and-prostitution/

-----------------------------------

prostitute-enthusiast-may-win-re-election-bid/

This is the same Vitter who suffered an epically

embarrassing scandal when it was revealed the Senator enjoys

being dressed in diapers by prostitutes. Vitter was so

desperate to avoid public ridicule, including the attention

of understandably quizzical reporters, that he rammed his

car into a stop sign while trying to flee a press

conference:

Last edited:

Homosexual prostitution inquiry ensnares VIPs with Reagan, Bush

reagan bush vips prostitution

----------------

Gannongate: Threatens to Expose a Huge GOP Pedophile and Male Prostitution Ring

Now that is has been discovered that “Jeff Gannon” (real name James D. Guckert), a “reporter” for Talon News Service, a front operation run by the conservative Republican-oriented GOPUSA.com, was using an alias as a cleared White House reporter, details are emerging that threaten to immerse the Bush administration in a major scandal. “Gannongate,” which is only now being mentioned by the mainstream news media, threatens to expose a potentially damaging GOP pedophile and male prostitution ring dating back to the 1980s and the administration of George H. W. Bush

----------------
Bush White House Call Boy Male Prostitution Sex Scandal ~ News Coverage

Republican and conservative political leaders reacted cautiously yesterday to a report in The Washington Times that key Reagan and Bush administration officials are ensnared in a federal probe of homosexual prostitution.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rep. Barney Frank, Massachusetts Democrat and a self-proclaimed homosexual who several weeks ago threatened to reveal a list of Republican homosexuals in Congress, said he was "not surprised" by the revelations.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There's no reason for cleaning anybody out (of office because they used homosexual prostitutes)," said Leslie Goodman, a spokeswoman for Republican National Committee Chairman Lee Atwater.

Honolulu police arrest Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution stingThis is ALL OVER Google, AP, SeeBS, NBC and ABC Snooze are all running with it. It's not a big story, why are they all over it like a Haitian on a peanut butter sammich?

I googled;

This search gives you yahoo, msnbc, aol, cbs, fox, usatoday, npr, daily mail, and breitfart on the first two pages.....

*shrugs* ok, so do you think this coverage equal to the usual coverage for this type of idiocy?

Because the one thing that seems to sink politicians in this country..is infidelity.

President Obama is straight as an arrow in that department..so far. In fact..he's probably a bit of a nerd.

But if they can do the "guilt by association" thingie..that's gonna smart in 2012.

If Obama surrounding himself with revolutionaries and terrorists hasn't hurt him, i highly doubt this will.

Apr 7, 4:44 AM (ET)

By JAYMES SONG

(AP) In this Dec. 31, 2009 file photo, President Barack Obama, right, laughs with Bobby Titcomb...
Full Image

HONOLULU (AP) - One of President Barack Obama's close friends has been arrested in Honolulu on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute.

__

AP writers Jennifer Kelleher and Audrey McAvoy contributed to this report.

Excite News - Obama friend arrested for soliciting prostitute

threads merged-del

Mr. President, you have the most interesting friends. :clap2::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I googled;

*shrugs* ok, so do you think this coverage equal to the usual coverage for this type of idiocy?

I dunno, I've only read the link in the OP and done the quick google search.

I know it isn't being ignored.

1) Who cares?

2) I thought the MSM was biased in favor of Obama/liberals. Yet here they are reporting this earth shattering story.

So that would lead us to conclude that either this is a non-story OR the MSM isn't as biased as the right would want us to think. I'll let you pick.

They didn't care when Obama's friend bombed the Pentagon. Why on earth would you think this would matter?

Forum List

Back