I'm stunned this is getting ANY coverage, much less widespread as it is...

Doesn't say much about Obama's judge of character does it?
How is that? There are lots of folks who went to the same school that I did yet I never associated with them. And, for those with whom I did associate, I was in high school then. I've changed, they've changed.

I've been friendly with "bad" people all my life, but they weren't close to me at all. After a person fumbles through adolescence, teens, and even early 20's is when most finally settle on the type of people they want as real friends, and not just acquaintances. I can recall my mother saying to me more than a few times, "How do you even KNOW that person?! :eek: ")

When they run with this trivial story maybe the liberal media can pretend it is "fair and balanced" after ignoring Obama's Chicago criminal past in the last election or maybe they think this story will overshadow the real corruption in the administration. What is a prostitute compared to having a political mentor who was a domestic terrorist? Does the mainstream media think Bill Ayers and Tony Rezko will go away?

No, it won't go away because there are always people like you who make mountains out of molehills. Or try, anyway. But there will always remain smarter people with better judgment around.

... And it's not even relevant to any degree.

Honolulu police arrest Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting
HONOLULU, Hawaii - One of President Barack Obama's close friends has been arrested in Honolulu on suspicion of soliciting a prostitute.

Robert "Bobby" Titcomb was one of four men arrested in an undercover sting operation late Monday and later released on $500 bail, according to Honolulu police.

Titcomb, 49, attended Punahou School in Honolulu with Obama in the 1970s. The president graduated in 1979, a year before Titcomb. The two often play golf and basketball, go to the beach and dine together when the president returns home to Hawaii for vacation.

Obama's family has also attended barbeques at Titcomb's beachside home in Waialua, located on Oahu's North Shore about an hour outside of downtown Honolulu.

Titcomb and Obama last spent time together in Hawaii during Obama's most recent vacation over the Christmas and New Year's holidays. The White House had no comment
This is ALL OVER Google, AP, SeeBS, NBC and ABC Snooze are all running with it. It's not a big story, why are they all over it like a Haitian on a peanut butter sammich?

Honolulu police arrest Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting - 1310News

humm..its not on drudge, lucianne, yahoo......

I googled;

Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting

and didn't get one major new outlet in 2 pages...

Obama's close friend in undercover prostitution sting - Google Search

I heard it somewhere before I saw this thread, and it must have been on Morning Joe because that's the only channel I had on earlier, listening then rewinding Donald Trump's 10-minute rant on everything from Obama's birth certificate to China to OPEC, without coming up for air once.

Doesn't say much about Obama's judge of character does it?

His pastor for 20 years was reverand wright. That says it all to me, letting your children sit and listen to a man with opinions of america like his tells me a lot.

That was pretty damaging, and no amount of apologies were sufficient. As to his children, however, they were much too young to grasp any political rhetoric being spewed. When I was that age, all I got out of "church" was thanking God when it was time to leave.

Well I never went to church but I would think children look at priests/pastors as role models since their parents sit there and listen to what they have to say.

It would be like letting your kids go to a KKK rally and trying to say that what the racist KKK people said have no impact on your children because htey are kids.

kids are way smart and absorb EVERYTHING around them.

Still another angle is that if the media can portray B. Hussein as a fun loving regular guy instead of a stiff misfit nerd who throws like a girl and was taught by his muslem father to respect Shria law the story might actually enhance his image.

I think his campaign should hire you as a prop. You could do a weekly standup show called "Americans Say the Dumbest Things."

clapeo.gif

His pastor for 20 years was reverand wright. That says it all to me, letting your children sit and listen to a man with opinions of america like his tells me a lot.

That was pretty damaging, and no amount of apologies were sufficient. As to his children, however, they were much too young to grasp any political rhetoric being spewed. When I was that age, all I got out of "church" was thanking God when it was time to leave.

Well I never went to church but I would think children look at priests/pastors as role models since their parents sit there and listen to what they have to say.

It would be like letting your kids go to a KKK rally and trying to say that what the racist KKK people said have no impact on your children because htey are kids.

Except that Wright's political rhetoric was not usually part of his sermons, no matter how much the stories tried to portray that it was. And no, I'm not defending him at all. Going to a KKK rally, outdoors, with a blazing fire would be much more attractive to a kid than sitting still in a pew and listening to God stuff (or politicking). I was a kid once myself, and if someone had offered me a choice, I would have gone to a KKK rally (not knowing what it was all about either, just more exciting). Bad example, Pilgrim.

Except that Wright's political rhetoric was not usually part of his sermons, no matter how much the stories tried to portray that it was. And no, I'm not defending him at all. Going to a KKK rally, outdoors, with a blazing fire would be much more attractive to a kid than sitting still in a pew and listening to God stuff (or politicking). I was a kid once myself, and if someone had offered me a choice, I would have gone to a KKK rally (not knowing what it was all about either, just more exciting). Bad example, Pilgrim.

It was just an extreme example to make the point more clear that I was making.

I have seen multiple videos of multiple sermons where that rhetoric was used, it seems like it happened often enough to get on tape several times. http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=reverend+wright&aq=0s

Forum List

Back