I'm still having trouble here

AVG has a free version, but the pay version has many more good features. It's $25 a year for the license.

I'll sign on to that one eventually. I just downloaded the other two (very fast!), so I presume I'm as well diapered as possible for another 30 days or so. Thanks for all your help.
Let us all know what, if anything, Stinger and HijackThis! find, if you please.

I didn't get anything further other than a thank you (from both) and HijackThis sent confirmation to my email address. So I guess I'm clean. When I used Panda the other day to clean out the trojans, must be they caught them all. Panda did give a list of what they found.

I'll sign on to that one eventually. I just downloaded the other two (very fast!), so I presume I'm as well diapered as possible for another 30 days or so. Thanks for all your help.

I didn't get anything further other than a thank you (from both) and HijackThis sent confirmation to my email address. So I guess I'm clean. When I used Panda the other day to clean out the trojans, must be they caught them all. Panda did give a list of what they found.
You gotta install and run the programs. Both take 30 minutes to an hour to complete their scans. They don't do the scan remotely, or automatically.

You gotta install and run the programs. Both take 30 minutes to an hour to complete their scans. They don't do the scan remotely, or automatically.

What? I watched the scans and they did 2 "files" with percentages. It only took about a minute each. Does that mean they scanned only USMB? Sorry, but you're gonna have to bear with me, because I know zip about this kind of stuff. Now I'm presuming I run those from my desktop for the full scan, correct?

What? I watched the scans and they did 2 "files" with percentages. It only took about a minute each. Does that mean they scanned only USMB? Sorry, but you're gonna have to bear with me, because I know zip about this kind of stuff. Now I'm presuming I run those from my desktop for the full scan, correct?
HiJackThis scans your browser registry. This is a 20-30 minute deal.

Stinger scans your entire hard drive. For me that's a hour's worth, for most folks it'll be 30 minutes or so.

I cannot tell what's going on, not being hands-on. But I know you didn't get the scans, just from what you're telling me here. The programs have to be installed after you have downloaded them, then they have to be ran, by you.

Maybe you were watching the files download to your hard drive. Or maybe you have a 1 gig hard drive!:lol:

Maybe you were watching the files download to your hard drive.
That's the likeliest scenario.
Or maybe you have a 1 gig hard drive!
:rofl:

I have a 1 Terabyte and a 300 gig. This is why any scans take so long.

However, I haven't run Stinger in years, because it hasn't been necessary. I beloieve it IS necessary for Maggie, however.

Last edited:

However, I haven't run Stinger in years, because it hasn't been necessary. I beloieve it IS necessary for Maggie, however.

I'll figure it out. It just takes me longer than you guys because I'm not as experienced. After all, my first exposure to word processing was literally cutting and pasting together pieces of real paper. Most people younger than me were probably born with computers as an appendage. My only experience has been ojt, on those systems only, with some computer nerd called in for assistance and never explaining what s/he was doing. And I didn't care, as long as it did what I needed it to.

I'll figure it out. It just takes me longer than you guys because I'm not as experienced. After all, my first exposure to word processing was literally cutting and pasting together pieces of real paper. Most people younger than me were probably born with computers as an appendage. My only experience has been ojt, on those systems only, with some computer nerd called in for assistance and never explaining what s/he was doing. And I didn't care, as long as it did what I needed it to.
It took an hour to run Stinger scan on this little jewel.

You're probably as computer savvy as am I. I used to have trouble getting the White-Out off the screen. :lol: ;)

That's the likeliest scenario.:rofl:

You're probably as computer savvy as am I. I used to have trouble getting the White-Out off the screen. :lol: ;)

Liquid Paper (off white) was better. I was a pro. Weren't the earliest monitor screens green on black? If so, then Liquid Paper (ledger green) would have been your best bet. :lol:

My first high speed (lol) word processor was an A. B. Dick Magna with a 27-character LED. I absolutely loved it.

I too did the paste-ups for the paper in High school and college.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Old blonde joke there...

The good old days? Not really, compared to what we have available now, but I thought so at the time.

The good old days? Not really, compared to what we have available now, but I thought so at the time.
But didn't you used to love smelling the mimeograph machine...and trying to figure out how clear liquid made purple print?

...and speakin' of smells, how 'bout the ammonia in a blueprint developer?

Forum List

Back