I'm really proud of the republican congressman of our district!

Good for him
:clap:
That whole "Obama's budget" bullshit was just that.
:cool:

he voted against PAUL RYAN'S BS budget, too...

so try getting the partisan out sometimes. ;)

That's what I was doing.
:razz:

I was calling bullshit to the Repubs that called the budget they presented "Obama's budget".(hence the quotation marks)

Why is it necessary for the GOP to always work with the Dems?? Why can't the Dems work with the GOP??

For too long the GOP has been spineless, they won't stand up to Dems. I'm hoping we get some newer blood on the GOP side. We've been kow towing to them for much too long.

Now Mitt won't let his superpac go after Obama personally even after they attack his wife, sons and him. He better stand up to Obama's superpacs or he doesn't have a chance.

Your certainly welcome to your interpretation, but I see things very differently.

IMHO There is far more evidence to support the conclusion that Republicans haven't been interested in working with anyone else for quite some time. They have been pursuing a strategy of sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming NO NO NO repeatedly until they get 100% of what they ask for.

And I saw the anti-Santorum ads Romney ran in Tennessee and Georgia. It was some of the slimiest campaigning I've ever seen.

I guess one defense is to accuse your opponent of what you are doing ... then maybe folks will give you a pass and just call it a draw.

I saw plenty of overtures from the Obama administration to include Republicans in crafting policy. Only to have the Republicans rebuff those efforts. When you invite a guy to dinner several times and he slaps you in the face everytime .... sooner or later you stop asking.

Care to explain the stack of House Bills sitting on the Senate 'table'?

:eusa_whistle:

Why is it necessary for the GOP to always work with the Dems?? Why can't the Dems work with the GOP??

For too long the GOP has been spineless, they won't stand up to Dems. I'm hoping we get some newer blood on the GOP side. We've been kow towing to them for much too long.

Now Mitt won't let his superpac go after Obama personally even after they attack his wife, sons and him. He better stand up to Obama's superpacs or he doesn't have a chance.

Your certainly welcome to your interpretation, but I see things very differently.

IMHO There is far more evidence to support the conclusion that Republicans haven't been interested in working with anyone else for quite some time. They have been pursuing a strategy of sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming NO NO NO repeatedly until they get 100% of what they ask for.

And I saw the anti-Santorum ads Romney ran in Tennessee and Georgia. It was some of the slimiest campaigning I've ever seen.

I guess one defense is to accuse your opponent of what you are doing ... then maybe folks will give you a pass and just call it a draw.

I saw plenty of overtures from the Obama administration to include Republicans in crafting policy. Only to have the Republicans rebuff those efforts. When you invite a guy to dinner several times and he slaps you in the face everytime .... sooner or later you stop asking.

You seem to be an Independent - which means you'll be labeled a Liberal DNC shill by the extreme whackjobs on the Right here. No worries, there are actually some Conservatives who a pretty civil and even offer good discussions and debate.

I agree with you. Obama offered the GOP a seat at the table from day 1. They pissed all over him for it and have been playing the vitims and pointing their fingers ever since.
However, since they proved so completely unwilling to compromise for the first year and a half or so, Obama said fug 'em and started working around them when he could. I don't blame him.
Of course they're still pulling BS like this debt ceiling thing again and then claiming it's the Dems who won't compromise. Unreal.

Would that be the table behind a LOCKED DOOR?

:eusa_eh:

You seem to be an Independent - which means you'll be labeled a Liberal DNC shill by the extreme whackjobs on the Right here. No worries, there are actually some Conservatives who a pretty civil and even offer good discussions and debate.

I agree with you. Obama offered the GOP a seat at the table from day 1. They pissed all over him for it and have been playing the vitims and pointing their fingers ever since.
However, since they proved so completely unwilling to compromise for the first year and a half or so, Obama said fug 'em and started working around them when he could. I don't blame him.
Of course they're still pulling BS like this debt ceiling thing again and then claiming it's the Dems who won't compromise. Unreal.

I'm sorry. For a moment, I thought you might have a legitimate counter-point or something of substance to offer.
My mistake.
It was another poster.

I'm sorry. For a moment, I thought you might have a legitimate counter-point or something of substance to offer.
My mistake.
It was another poster.

You mean you don't remember the Dems locking the doors to their HC meetings??
Or shutting out the lights on the Hill?

I may have misplaced your response, I know I asked somewhere on the board.

If the dems weren't the ones over the barrel, then why did Boehner say "We got 98% of what we wanted."

My mistake.
It was another poster.

Hmmm. You mean AFTER they invited the three Repubs to work together on HC. Those three Repubs who after months, stated "I would never read anything they proposed in these meetings."
Which was my point in the first place. I was PISSED at that one. Why send them in if they're not going to work together? Ah. To sabotage any effeorts at accomplishing anything.
Ahhh you forget that part, don't you. Of course you do.
And that's when Obama said screw these asshats. As well he should.

My mistake.
It was another poster.

Hmmm. You mean AFTER they invited the three Repubs to work together on HC. Those three Repubs who after months, stated "I would never read anything they proposed in these meetings."
Which was my point in the first place. I was PISSED at that one. Why send them in if they're not going to work together? Ah. To sabotage any effeorts at accomplishing anything.

3?

Really?
:lol:

3?

Really?
:lol:

Yes 3.
One a 6 person committee.
You may continue laughing and saying nothing, offering no valid counterpoint and nothing of substance. This would seem to be the extent of your posts thusfar.

That sound you hear is the TEA party priming their sights. Those five republicans who voted with the Democrats are on borrowed time I'm afraid.

You got that right. We're through with RINOs. They are about as usefull to the Republican Party as a pail without a bottom.

That sound you hear is the TEA party priming their sights. Those five republicans who voted with the Democrats are on borrowed time I'm afraid.

I don't know. The Tea Party hasn't exactly impressed people here in Nevada. I went to a couple of ACTUAL tea parties (okay, I had a beer) to see if they were as whacky as the press portrayed and they weren't. Nice people. used to have only one agenda: fiscal responsibility. Then they gave us Sharon Angle. I think she was even more stupid than that "witch" gal back East. After being on local tv for a couple months, her stupidity went national. No thanks.
Then the Tea Party was co-opted. Fiscal responsibility is nice but apparently so is lobbying for telecoms and Gasp! Accepting money from lobbyists who work for the very banks they whined about bailing out.
So much for their credibility. At least here in Nevada, anyway. The curtain has been pulled back.

The Ryan budget was a joke. I like this guy Heller and his Democrat opponents are a couple of idiots. I'm pretty confident he'll be re-elected.

Five minutes with a TEA party supporter will probably make one vote for Obama. However, the TEA party's only commodity is this: Money. Money flows across borders in both overt and covert methods. Money is the only reason anyone discusses the TEA party. Their ideology is a retreat on all fronts. But Money talks in this climate so that is that.

The five Senators who voted with the Dems are dead men/women walking. Sadly. We could use more bi-partisanship.

Surprised he did that before the primary. Does he have any TP opposition? He may have realized it's too late for them to get anything together.

The OP title is a bit misleading; these are Senators. I'm guessing the 5 that voted the way they did on the bill are not in the 1/3 up for re-election in 2012 or have already had their primary. It would be a fun exercise to check out.

Lets look at that:

Here are the 5 GOP senators whose names I want in the Dead Pool when the TEA party decides to weaken their own stand:

Collins of Maine. Elected in 08; will be around until 2014. They'll get her then.
Brown of Mass. Surprising vote; former GOP sweetheart, Playgirl Centerfold model. Daughters available. So much for that legend.
Heller of Nevada. Already on the November Ballott. The TEA party won't have a crack at him until 2018 unless they want to back a Democrat who will be opposing him in November.
Snowe of Maine: Retiring in November. The TEA party will have to save their blood lust for someone else
Paul of Kentucky Interesting....supposedly a TEA party installation into the Senate. I guess the dog you feed the most is the one who bites you. He must have been confused as to what his marching orders are/were. That will be interesting. He's up in 2016. There is no information on his website about his rejection of Ryan's budget.

Interesting thing about the Senator from Kensucky...he introduced a budget in the Senate; it lost even worse; 16-83. It turns out that R's and D's can agree on something; Rand Paul is a moron.

Last edited:

I like this move too.

Funny how some folks think this could hurt him in his GOP primary. Are you suggesting Republicans are required to toe the party line everytime or risk retribution?

But I do think this guy is in trouble with the party. When even Republicans start blowing the whistle on the GOP's dog and pony show... well ... that can't make the bosses happy. Be interesting to follow

Yes, ask Richard Lugar....

You got that right. We're through with RINOs. They are about as usefull to the Republican Party as a pail without a bottom.

According to some, you party's nominee is a RINO...which is interesting and strange and speaks volumes about the state of party politics in this nation.

Forum List

Back