I'm Not Sure How to Feel About the Police Here

Pumpkin Row

Platinum Member
May 26, 2016
As I was being driven to and from my various activities, I happened to notice that police were lining both sides of the road in parking lots and such. This road was busier than usual because of the people being evacuated from the areas in danger of being hit by the hurricane. Is it possible they were trying to nail the hurricane evacuees with speeding tickets?

As I was being driven to and from my various activities, I happened to notice that police were lining both sides of the road in parking lots and such. This road was busier than usual because of the people being evacuated from the areas in danger of being hit by the hurricane. Is it possible they were trying to nail the hurricane evacuees with speeding tickets?

BLM has made a statement that it wants ALL BLM members to go out and loot.... They are there to SERVE and PROTECT, Brave men for staying when all other flee!

People get kind of crazy with stress, read a report yesterday of a guy going around road block (26 in south carolina all lanes were switched inland) he got out and started shooting at cops.

BLM has made a statement that it wants ALL BLM members to go out and loot.... They are there to SERVE and PROTECT, Brave men for staying when all other flee!
I was just wondering, they tend to come out near the end of the month and hide while clocking people, so I wasn't sure if that was their intent here. You know, because they have a quota.

Black Lives Matter Supporters FIRED UP Over Hurricane Matthew ...
usherald.com/black-lives-matter-supporters-fired-hurricane-matthew-make-huge-plan...
15 hours ago - ... about what a great opportunity the storm was going to be to loot stores and homes. ... “Ready for hurricane Matthew to hit so I can start looting,” remarked another. ... It goes without saying that these kind of tweets are an absolute ... of the hurricane – but they are par for the course when it comes to BLM ...
BLM Announcement: We're Raiding And Looting All Cities Hit By ...
Conservative Daily Post | Conservative News To Fuel Your Dayblm-announcement-were-raiding-and-looting-all-cit...
10 hours ago - Well, these people want to LOOT the area once it's all done! ... When one person was asked if they would be looting, they responded by saying yes, but only ... They just want the storm to hit so they can steal some stuff without ...
As Hurricane Matthew Hits America, Black Lives Matter Announce ...
www.thepoliticalinsider.com/hurricane-matthew-hits-america-black-lives-matters-ann...
10 hours ago - Now, radicals and Black Lives Matters supporters have announced on Twitter that they will take advantage of the weather disaster by going on ...
Black Lives Matter Supporters FIRED UP Over Hurricane Matthew
freedomdaily.com/black-lives-matter-supporters-fired-up-over-hurricane-matthew-ma...
Black Lives Matter Supporters FIRED UP Over Hurricane Matthew – Make ... their intentions saying they couldn't wait for the hurricane came so they could loot. ... who commit crimes by looting and stealing will in all likelihood not be punished.

I was just wondering, they tend to come out near the end of the month and hide while clocking people, so I wasn't sure if that was their intent here. You know, because they have a quota.

Yes many dept. do have a quota...if you don't speed, they can't give you a ticket....Now most tickets are given out at the start of the month, just to get the garbage they have to go through out of the way.

You're in Florida?

I doubt they're out to hit speeding tickets. That would require stealth, not numbers. If there's evacuations going on, they'd be there to manage that.

Of course leave it to the lower life forms of USMB to come up with all kinds of eeeebil conspiracy theories about scary black people :lol: Pathetic.

Hope you and yours are safe.

You're in Florida?

I doubt they're out to hit speeding tickets. That would require stealth, not numbers. If there's evacuations going on, they'd be there to manage that.

Of course leave it to the lower life forms of USMB to come up with all kinds of eeeebil conspiracy theories about scary black people :lol: Pathetic.

Not in Florida, but people are being evacuated in this state, too, away from areas near where the Hurricane is projected to hit.

You're in Florida?

Not in Florida, but people are being evacuated in this state, too, away from areas near where the Hurricane is projected to hit.

Georgia or one of the Carolinas then. I'm in WNC and we've had steady rain since last night. No particular wind but we're a long way from the ocean. That will typically bring a lot of police presence to keep the evacuation flowing and address any delays.

Have you ever been through a hurricane? I'm a Katrinite myself. When we evacuated we had "contraflow" on the interstate, meaning all lanes were going out, none coming in. There were police all along the way to manage traffic.

You're in Florida?

Georgia or one of the Carolinas then. I'm in WNC and we've had steady rain since last night. No particular wind but we're a long way from the ocean. That will typically bring a lot of police presence to keep the evacuation flowing and address any delays.

Have you ever been through a hurricane? I'm a Katrinite myself.
I have never been through one, no, this area is pretty far from water, but I'm near a main road in the middle of nowhere. So, people don't drive to this location, but through it, which is why I noticed the evacuees. Plus my activities are near a small city that you pretty much have to drive through to get anywhere, and it has a LOT of police.

Its fun to see the eyes begin to open.

For Christians -plead the blood of Jesus over your homes, draw the bloodline of Jesus around your property - you don't have to be there to do it - there is no distance in the spiritual realm - just pray over your homes, your land and plead the blood of Jesus. You can also pray a hedge of protection around your home and call forth holy warring angels to be stationed at the four corners of your property.

I remember back some time ago - my husband had to go out of town. I was targeted by a dangerous group of people in my own city but the Holy Spirit woke me up about 1 or 2 a.m. to warn me. I never felt any fear. I prayed in the Holy Spirit. I continued to pray for a few hours until the danger had past. I never once felt any fear but the danger was real. The next day I got an email from a Pastor (in another state) who let me know about a revival he was having that evening and he wanted me to pray for God to save many souls. I told him I would pray and told him about what had happened the night before. I told him I knew they were going to come back that evening but I had already been praying and I was ready. He told me he would be praying for me.

So that night I prayed for the revival and other matters. I prayed on and off through the night. Nothing happened. It was peaceful throughout the night. That morning I get an email from the Pastor and he said to me, God told me those people had come out to your land but God had put a wall of fire around your property. They ran away. I knew this was true because the LORD told me they had fled in terror. I laughed. I could just picture those people running for their lives!

I had prayed over my land years ago and called forth an angel at every fence post around my entire land (it took me awhile to do that) and then I prayed over the four corners of the land and asked the LORD for the angel who had slain 185,000 men while Joshua slept to guard a certain place on my land ( I have a big God so I ask BIG) I believe the Lord answered me. Maybe they saw him. I imagine he is one awesome sight! Glory to God!

Oh - the Pastor also told me in that second email that hundreds of people had been saved at that revival!. Glory to God! I imagine that is why the devil may have wanted to distract me. He knew that Pastor was going to have a revival and that I was going to be praying for him! The devil never takes a break which is why the people of God must be on guard and ready - all the time.

Do you remember the thread on USMB where it was announced by someone that BLM was planning a day of rage protest in cities all over America on a certain date? I told the guy who wrote it we could pray against that protest and ask God to shut it down. I did pray against it and guess what? Jesus Christ shut it down. Not a single protest in a single city that was supposed to take place ever happened. Not one. God shut it down before it even got started. The same can be done for looting, riots, anything. God is able. If people will live right and abide in Jesus Christ with His Words abiding in them - they can ask whatsoever they will and it shall be done. That is a covenant promise between Jesus Christ and His people.
It's John 15:7.

Please don't give God the credit for what actual people who want to help are doing.

God doesn't stop riots and looting, the task force and people protecting their families and property do. If your God wanted to stop BLM for whatever reason, he wouldn't have allowed them to exist in the first place. Oh, those must be the "trials" you'd claim them to be. The kind where where innocent people suffer for no reason at all.

It's fine if you wish to practice your own beliefs, however you came to this thread to preach, claiming your prayers are responsible for what people are risking their lives to stop and completely ignoring their sacrifices.

Also, how about people spend their time gathering their prized possessions and family to evacuate instead of praying? Wouldn't it be rather tragic that if people followed your advice and multiple families would be swept away and have their lives ended because they thought a symbolic gesture was going to save them from a natural disaster?
That's a rhetorical question, since if that didn't work, you would simply claim it is a hardship your lord gave you to overcome.

So that night I prayed for the revival and other matters. I prayed on and off through the night. Nothing happened. It was peaceful throughout the night. That morning I get an email from the Pastor and he said to me, God told me those people had come out to your land but God had put a wall of fire around your property. They ran away. I knew this was true because the LORD told me they had fled in terror. I laughed. I could just picture those people running for their lives!

Must be nice to have a recollection of an event you didn't even see with your own eyes.

And to be frank, if a group of people were actually standing outside your house, what sight would most likely scare them away? A weapon, a sign of putting up a fight, or someone getting on their knees praying for help?

I'm sorry to the OP, since this thread was supposed to be for her enlightenment of her situation, but I felt I had to address these posts, as they endorse age-old methods of escapism that would literally get innocent people killed.

Please don't give God the credit for what actual people who want to help are doing.

God doesn't stop riots and looting, the task force and people protecting their families and property do. If your God wanted to stop BLM for whatever reason, he wouldn't have allowed them to exist in the first place. Oh, those must be the "trials" you'd claim them to be. The kind where where innocent people suffer for no reason at all.

It's fine if you wish to practice your own beliefs, however you came to this thread to preach, claiming your prayers are responsible for what people are risking their lives to stop and completely ignoring their sacrifices.

Also, how about people spend their time gathering their prized possessions and family to evacuate instead of praying? Wouldn't it be rather tragic that if people followed your advice and multiple families would be swept away and have their lives ended because they thought a symbolic gesture was going to save them from a natural disaster?
That's a rhetorical question, since if that didn't work, you would simply claim it is a hardship your lord gave you to overcome.

Must be nice to have a recollection of an event you didn't even see with your own eyes.

And to be frank, if a group of people were actually standing outside your house, what sight would most likely scare them away? A weapon, a sign of putting up a fight, or someone getting on their knees praying for help?

I'm sorry to the OP, since this thread was supposed to be for her enlightenment of her situation, but I felt I had to address these posts, as they endorse age-old methods of escapism that would literally get innocent people killed.
First, it is clear that you don't believe in God, do not know His power nor do you understand the Covenant relationship between Jesus Christ and His people. Second, prayer is the greatest weapon on earth but as you do not believe in the power of God or the power of prayer, you do not know this. People on USMB have already seen the power of prayer and those people would not agree with you - in other words - you're too late on that one.

Third, I see you are new to USMB, so let me explain: I write about the LORD wherever I go (including threads) and feel led to share something I believe will be of encouragement to others and your presence at USMB will never change that. Keep reading because I usually include Scripture and by reading the Word of God, you'll be learning about what God is capable of (anything). So welcome to the board and be sure to come over to the religion thread and read my threads - there are sermons by various ministers who are truly anointed!

Yes many dept. do have a quota...if you don't speed, they can't give you a ticket....Now most tickets are given out at the start of the month, just to get the garbage they have to go through out of the way.
Think about that, Vigilante. A quota. Not enforcing the law as it is but these police officers are being put under pressure to meet a quota which is illegal. You cannot demand that your officers meet a certain quota of arrests, tickets as a standard of your work performance. That is outrageous. What if the entire city were to experience a revival and people were obeying the law, helping their neighbors, obeying all road laws. What then? The truth is these departments are not lacking funds, look at the equipment they are using, the new vehicles and such - that is in every city - they are using civil asset forfeiture laws to seize property, possessions, vehicles - the benefits of wealth toward law enforcement for such laws are partially what is causing them to be fought against with no success. The quota idea is wrong and the people have a right to know if their local law enforcement is using it to increase arrests, tickets in their city. Quotas should never be accepted in my opinion.

Imagine the reward system for those overzealous officers who will arrest or ticket anyone regardless of the facts? And the punishment for those officers who do not want to comply and violate their own conscience?

You're in Florida?

Have you ever been through a hurricane? I'm a Katrinite myself. When we evacuated we had "contraflow" on the interstate, meaning all lanes were going out, none coming in. There were police all along the way to manage traffic.
I remember your talking about being in Katrina. If I recall correctly the looting in Katrina was long after the police presence left and the storm was over for some time. It wasn't the day after the storm or even the day after that. It happened awhile afterward. Some of the photographs of the aftermath of Katrina looked as if the entire population packed up and left the state. Boarded up houses, street after street - it looked totally abandoned.

Is it possible the police were following orders and were there to help in a time of emergency? FYI there are cops assigned to patrol and some to traffic. I doubt they decided to pull patrol cops off of duty during a historic hurricane and put them on traffic to make a few extra bucks.

I agree. This hurricane was no small happening. Over 800 people were killed in Haiti alone. 6 more died in Florida. I believe there were 4 or 5 people who died in the Dominican Republican. There were approximately 1.5 million people evacuated from the coast of Florida. There were evacuation orders in SC coastal areas as well as NC I believe (although they may have canceled the latter - I do not know). Surely the police would be assisting to keep order during this storm. It makes sense. Without order there is chaos and chaos is the last thing any society needs (at any time!).

People get kind of crazy with stress, read a report yesterday of a guy going around road block (26 in south carolina all lanes were switched inland) he got out and started shooting at cops.
He had problems before the stress began but the stress brought it to the surface. I've seen people who under normal conditions act fine but let them come under pressure and they quickly fall apart.

Forum List

Back