“I’m not going to vote on a half-ass bill” - Sen. Mazie Hirono...Senate Democrats threaten to block & filibuster the GOP/Tim Scott police bill

I predicted Scott (actually McTreason) would come up with a toothless bill he knew would not address the issues that need reforming. McTurtle has turned the Senate in to a dysfunctional farce.

I predicted Scott (actually McTreason) would come up with a toothless bill he knew would not address the issues that need reforming. McTurtle has turned the Senate in to a dysfunctional farce.
But but but their sole black pol Tom Cotton told 'em what to write! How could it be wrong?

there is no hope, folks!
Same as it ever was. As for me..I'd welcome a simple bill...that does only one thing. That is to remove the qualified immunity from all police officers--simple as that. If they fuck up..they get sued. Serve the wrong warrant...break down the wrong door...and have to explain yourself in open court..that's the ticket for me. I'd not limit no knock warrants..sometimes they are required. But the days of the pro forma beat-down need to end...and that would end it.

The police have always cultivated a culture that said they were in some way..above the law. No more. If they assault..they get charged.....simple as that.

BTW..I'd include correctional officers in that as well. Remove their qualified immunity.

Maybe the Republicans should have done some negotiating with the Democrats first, YOU KNOW, THE WAY IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE DONE?????
Like behind closed doors the way the Demoncraps did with the Unaffordable Care act? How easy you brainless idiots forget the past. I hope it doesnt pass, then it is on the Demoncraps for NOT wanting police change. Demoncraps, keeps on killing....

Horse shit. No such thing as negotiating with a Democrat! If they choose not to vote on a police reform bill that’s their choice!
They are voting on a police reform bill...in the House. Of course..as has been stated...the Republicans won't touch it. so that's THEIR choice, right?

Progs negotiate always to their advantage. They have killed millions of people. And if this new plan to defund the police does not work, its going to be a shooting gallery. I keep saying.....reduce the criminal code! But how can you? The civil living suckers pay lots of money in fees and fines.

GOP bill would incentivize police departments to ban chokeholds, but Trump said is was alright when there live was in danger. So you are going to bride them and hope that they stop. Okay

increase the use of body-worn cameras, now all they have to do is stop them from turning it off

improve training in de-escalation tactics - improve training in de-escalatiion tactics. okay so they just need to improve training whatever that means.

and take prior records into greater account when making hiring decisions. While do they not do that now and what does greater account mean.

It would also increase data collection on the use of force, weapon discharge and no-knock warrants- okay do they not collect data oh but they just need to increase it. this data now and

making lynching a federal crime, among other things. okay when was the last time there was a lynching? Okay lynching is bad and to make it a federal crime should help reduce the amount of lynching.

You know what would be the absolute greatest thing that Trump could do? It's actually something he can't do... but I think it would be awesome if it happened.

You vote on a bill... That's it... you can't put anything in it that doesn't directly involve what the bill is about. Can't buy votes by earmarking crap into it. Post the bill online, and everyone can see who voted for/against it.

Who the fuck would vote for a Pelosi bill?
Who the fuck would vote for a McConnell bill?

1592871562460.png

You know what would be the absolute greatest thing that Trump could do? It's actually something he can't do... but I think it would be awesome if it happened.

You vote on a bill... That's it... you can't put anything in it that doesn't directly involve what the bill is about. Can't buy votes by earmarking crap into it. Post the bill online, and everyone can see who voted for/against it.
Get rid of Earmarks and Riders? Sure I'm for it...tough sell though--they all talk against them..they all use them...and i doubt that they're going to get rid of them. It's power, right?

As for the other...well a Bill..every Bill..is published in full in the Congressional Record. All votes are a matter of public record.

Horse shit. No such thing as negotiating with a Democrat! If they choose not to vote on a police reform bill that’s their choice!
They are voting on a police reform bill...in the House. Of course..as has been stated...the Republicans won't touch it. so that's THEIR choice, right?

I guess will have to see what's in it won't we.
If it contains a bunch of bullshit like most dem bills no it shouldnt be approved.

Forum List

Back