Im new here, just checking this out.

Before WillHaftawaite comes in with his fruity post about rules and guidelines let me break it down for you.

You CAN wish death upon an entire group of people based on their political ideology.

You CAN be as racist as you would like.

You CAN accuse your political opponents of being evil.

You CAN wish death upon an entire state that you don't like.

You CANNOT accuse somebody of fucking a dog.

DO NOT accuse anybody of fucking a dog.

^^^^ Warning to anthony

I was an innocent virgin Roman Catholic girl when I joined this forum aaronleland has since corrupted me and turned me into a deviant and a pervert, so be WARNED.... :smoke:

You say that as if it's a bad thing...

The Intro Thread is the "modicum of civility"... But yet you find it "snippy"...
Just sayin... :dunno:

"beat profusely about the head and shoulders"

Different definitions of civility I guess.

1596657744626.png

Hello,
I'm new. Not sure if this is the right forum for me, but interested in civil discussions on politics, to pass the time.
Trying to get a feel if this is that kind of place, or if it's just shouting across the great divide.
I live in California. Philosophically I'm on the extreme left on most issues, but am what I consider 'pragmatic' in my voting.
I am a professor at a decently large University.
Cheers. :)

Welcome to USMB. I hope you've had all of your shots.

And you might be a my neighbor, so please stay off my lawn.

He doesn't believe in free speech for everyone. Hypocrite.

Me?

No, the guy in the video.

I was going to show a YouTube of a movie about how speech is being censored at universities around the country, but they censored it and took it off.

If interested, the movie is called, "No Safe Spaces:" and is an excellent film

If you want to see it though, you better hurry because it is disappearing fast on the internet!

2429d354-8446-4a60-8075-7ee7d67bdae6.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I don't want to go off topic but the "No Safe Spaces:" people was to shut out people who have different opinions from theirs.

Me?

I was going to show a YouTube of a movie about how speech is being censored at universities around the country, but they censored it and took it off.

If you want to see it though, you better hurry because it is disappearing fast on the internet!

The movie No Safe Spaces illustrates how free speech is being censored at universities around the country. To drive home his point, he interviewed professors who all vote "D". The problem is, the chimps are eating their own as liberal professors have gotten the axe for "offending" people over the stupidest things. One such professor was fired and, although he won a subsequent law suit against wrongfully being fired, kids no longer can be educated by him.

Me?

The movie No Safe Spaces illustrates how free speech is being censored at universities around the country. To drive home his point, he interviewed professors who all vote "D". The problem is, the chimps are eating their own as liberal professors have gotten the axe for "offending" people over the stupidest things. One such professor was fired and, although he won a subsequent law suit against wrongfully being fired, kids no longer can be educated by him.

Reminder that this is an introductory thread. If you want to have this conversation please do so in another one.

I hate Communists and Communism.

Kind of a bummer that you hate me and we've just only met. I certainly dont hate you, even if we philosophically are polar opposites.

See my other post I just did, it is perfectly okay to get along but I find it has to happen in Non-Political threads, to me politics is NOT EVERYTHING and as I know we ALL have various things in common then I prefer to go for those because the Political thing is just let's face it VERY ugly now and it leads to general nastiness.

I am sure we can get along, I mean I consider Pogo and Coyote and rightwinger FULL-ON Communists, but I still love them.

And at the risk of creating a catchphrase, I love Lucy. :smiliehug:

There's a separation between the person and the ideology/ies. Oosie may be a reactionary fascist but she's also a maven/connoisseuse of music. That's not why I like her (although it don't hurt). I respect Oosie because at the heart of it all she's honest, and that's the highest trait I can ask of anybody. So there's the essence of the individual, and there's the words they may put out at a given time, and the former is what really matters.

By the way Oosie I'm not a FULL-ON anything. I work part-time. :smoke:

But seriously OP, check out Oosie's music. She is without peer.

Hello,
I'm new. Not sure if this is the right forum for me, but interested in civil discussions on politics, to pass the time.
Trying to get a feel if this is that kind of place, or if it's just shouting across the great divide.
I live in California. Philosophically I'm on the extreme left on most issues, but am what I consider 'pragmatic' in my voting.

You won't hang here.
You need solid self-esteem and a bountiful sense of humor.
I doubt that you have neither being on the extreme left, philosophically.
GTFO and go find birds of a feather.
Thank you.

The Intro Thread is the "modicum of civility"... But yet you find it "snippy"...
Just sayin... :dunno:

"beat profusely about the head and shoulders"

Different definitions of civility I guess.
Northern Cali here. Used to be cenral/southern coastal Cali. Used to be a dem, too.
Anywho....I highly recommend finding some sense of humor and google Dry Wit.

Welcome to usmb. Good luck. Grow a spine. Wear armor. Don't take shit personally. You might survive. Or not.

Kind of a bummer that you hate me and we've just only met. I certainly dont hate you, even if we philosophically are polar opposites.

See my other post I just did, it is perfectly okay to get along but I find it has to happen in Non-Political threads, to me politics is NOT EVERYTHING and as I know we ALL have various things in common then I prefer to go for those because the Political thing is just let's face it VERY ugly now and it leads to general nastiness.

I am sure we can get along, I mean I consider Pogo and Coyote and rightwinger FULL-ON Communists, but I still love them.

There's a separation between the person and the ideology/ies. Oosie may be a reactionary fascist but she's also a maven/connoisseuse of music. That's not why I like her (although it don't hurt). I respect Oosie because at the heart of it all she's honest, and that's the highest trait I can ask of anybody. So there's the essence of the individual, and there's the words they may put out at a given time, and the former is what really matters.

Thank you Pogo :smiliehug:

You see IF WE were ruling the planet together, there would be no ugliness, we all would just argue about politics and say "Fuck you Commie POS" and "Fuck you Fascist POS" and then after that sit down together and listen to some records :smoke:

You see IF WE were ruling the planet together, there would be no ugliness, we all would just argue about politics and say "Fuck you Commie POS" and "Fuck you Fascist POS" and then after that sit down and listen to some records :smoke:

WE know what's worthwhile, don't we darling. :)

Hello,

You won't hang here.
You need solid self-esteem and a bountiful sense of humor.
I doubt that you have neither being on the extreme left, philosophically.
GTFO and go find birds of a feather.
Thank you.

"You need solid self-esteem and a bountiful sense of humor."

And add to that a THICK SKIN and then these are the 3 most IMPORTANT things anyone needs to survive at this forum.

You see IF WE were ruling the planet together, there would be no ugliness, we all would just argue about politics and say "Fuck you Commie POS" and "Fuck you Fascist POS" and then after that sit down and listen to some records :smoke:

WE know what's worthwhile, don't we darling. :)

Yes darling we do :)

Hello,
Welcome Anthony. I probably won't agree with you but, your opinion is welcome.

You see IF WE were ruling the planet together, there would be no ugliness, we all would just argue about politics and say "Fuck you Commie POS" and "Fuck you Fascist POS" and then after that sit down together and listen to some records :smoke:
Right, there will be no ugliness here

hqdefault.jpg

Hello,
Welcome Anthony. I probably won't agree with you but, your opinion is welcome.
That may be, but did you tell him there will be prizes awarded later if he decides to agree with us?

Me?

The Girondins are always surprised by the Jacobins' lopping off their heads.

Forum List

Back