I'm libertarian, but you may not believe it.

Career politicians were never part of the plan for America.

Professional politicians were never part of the plan.

Biden has never held a job outside of elected government.
Thank you. The first two would seem to me to be relevant. And the third is saying the same as the second.

Maybe they all relate in some way to their propensity to be bought off by lobbyists, thereby creating the problem that created the end result of the working class being ripped off by government.

I still rather doubt that Trump would have ever turned against his very wealthy friends and benefactors. That wouldn't be in the cards for any very wealthy politician.

I love to ridicule the flawed thinking of both of the twoparties. So, if you are a Democrat, you will probably think me a Trumper. If you are a Trumper, you will probably accuse me of being a Trump-bashing liberal. If you are a never-Trumper Republican/conservative, you will probably think I'm a pro-Trump liberal. Or something.

Libertarianism is on life support at the moment, due to COVID being used as an excuse for authoritarianism. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I am fully vaxxed and I'll get the booster when I can. But I'm an anti-vaxx mandate guy, so that may get some of you torqued up.

Anyway, it's all in good fun for me. I don't expect to change the world on a message board, so I don't get in a twist about it. Look forward to friendly (hopefully) debates with you all.
Welcome to USMB Seymour. Hope you enjoy the boards.

I love to ridicule the flawed thinking of both of the twoparties. So, if you are a Democrat, you will probably think me a Trumper. If you are a Trumper, you will probably accuse me of being a Trump-bashing liberal. If you are a never-Trumper Republican/conservative, you will probably think I'm a pro-Trump liberal. Or something.

Libertarianism is on life support at the moment, due to COVID being used as an excuse for authoritarianism. I'm not an anti-vaxxer, I am fully vaxxed and I'll get the booster when I can. But I'm an anti-vaxx mandate guy, so that may get some of you torqued up.

Anyway, it's all in good fun for me. I don't expect to change the world on a message board, so I don't get in a twist about it. Look forward to friendly (hopefully) debates with you all.
Your handle is a great way to win more hands.

The reason libertarians can mock the political system, and the reason libertarians can never meaningfully participate in it is, libertarian philosophy is beyond politics.

Websters defines politics as; activities that relate to influencing the actions and policies of a government or getting and keeping power in a government.

A famous author once described politics as; the art of obtaining influence and power without actually earning them.

The two most important words in both those definitions are influence and power. The seizing and wielding of both.

Libertarians can envision a post-politics world. A world where free men and women aren't led, aren't ruled, or governed, by anything except the principle that once emblazoned our first national currency "Mind Your Own Business".

These words today are often seen as a cruel retort uttered when someone raises questions beyond the pale of propriety.

But, they have a deeper meaning which is, that which truly does not involve me is not my concern. Living my life on my own terms and asking that no other man do any differently.

This simple moral creed is almost impossible to live by because, at heart, most of us are a herd animal. It doesn't matter if we are a staunch supporter of Democracy or a serf in a Soviet gulag, we cannot keep our runny proboscis out of other people's business.

A Libertarian Society could never truly exist as long as we still believe that we are both our brother's keeper and his jailer.
A libertarian society?

Can you point to one that doesn't look like Somalia?

A libertarian society?

Any society with a solid respect for individual liberty and a lack of overbearing government is a libertarian society. And most of them don't look like Somalia.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
A libertarian society?

Hong Kong ... until China took over.

The most libertarian society on earth, and one of the richest. Extremely low taxes, good wages, no duties on imports or exports, very few regulations in general.

The most libertarian society on earth, and one of the richest. Extremely low taxes, good wages, no duties on imports or exports, very few regulations in general.
Hong Kong is currently tied with Singapore as having highest average IQ of 108. The US has lost 2 points within the last decade or so, formerly at 100 average and now at 98. Whoops. But that would be another thread. This is a significant difference between other countries and it shows. This statistical difference fits this thread when looking at WHY certain countries succeed while most others fail.
Any guesses about what the average IQ in America will look like in about 20 years?

Does the extremely low tax claim include the 15% property tax?

And are trying to assert that Hong Kong doesn't have a strong central government.

Does the extremely low tax claim include the 15% property tax?

And are trying to assert that Hong Kong doesn't have a strong central government.

Property taxes and other revenue collecting measures implemented AFTER the Chinese takeover of Hong Kong and its status of a Special Administrative Region of China in 1997.

China was slow to put its own people into power in all government institutions. But, once they were in place, China implemented more and more control over the SAR until you have the oppressive government they have today.

Libertarians. Freedom should be an easy sale in the United States, but somehow we can't sell ice water on the equator.

I wonder how he would have done as a non-twoparties candidate, as Ross Perot and Teddy Roosevelt tried. His campaign seemed to consist of exciting as many populist voters to vote instead of staying home, while appealing to the Republican base. He got an incredible number of popular votes both elections via that method, only losing when Biden got an even more incredible number of votes.

More votes than Obama got.

Really, really incredible . . .
you spelled impossible wrong.

Interesting that you think so.

I'm a Jorgensen voter, and Biden didn't need my vote, as many as were "harvested" for him.
Seymour Flops
probationary assessment module
comment
suitably gimlet-eyed
another douche
1.​
Biden didn't need my vote, as many as were "harvested" for him.
1​
0​

Libertarians are usually some of the dumbest people around. Little to no understanding of the Constitution. Most have never even seen a Constitutional Law text book, let alone read one. Often times they are conspiratorial nut jobs. Just the scourge of the Earth.

Welcome and here's a Christmas gift ....some OldLady gave me her cherry cheesecake recipe...
1640119368635.png

Libertarians are usually some of the dumbest people around. Little to no understanding of the Constitution. Most have never even seen a Constitutional Law text book, let alone read one. Often times they are conspiratorial nut jobs. Just the scourge of the Earth.
Are you not aware that many libertarians are also constitutionalists? Stop with the shabby blanket labeling that is full of holes.

What books have you read about the Constitution?
I have sporadically reviewed the US Constitution over the last 20 years. Yearly? No. I test out as a conservative libertarian as well as a constitutionalist when I have taken various political tests, 5 at a minimum. The best one took several hours because the test offers the option of expanding on each issue with additional questions to better determine one’s political stance. One poster had once mentioned that only the political tests that cost money are valid, but I don’t find that to be true particularly with the one that took several hours to complete.

I believe the following to be true: “A common misconception about libertarianism is that the philosophy is “people can do anything they want, and nobody else can say anything.” Individuals in a libertarian society are free to pursue their own lives so long as they respect the equal right so others. The libertarian rule of law means that individuals are governed by generally applicable and spontaneously developed laws. The government’s power should be limited.”

Most founding fathers (certainly
Patrick Henry) would flip out if they were alive today to see the expansive powers of our current mess of our government. They would likely become instant libertarians, but differing in specifics. When a multitude of individuals are labeled under a group blanket as if “one size fits all” it fails to match reality.

I have sporadically reviewed the US Constitution over the last 20 years. Yearly? No. I test out as a conservative libertarian as well as a constitutionalist when I have taken various political tests, 5 at a minimum. The best one took several hours because the test offers the option of expanding on each issue with additional questions to better determine one’s political stance. One poster had once mentioned that only the political tests that cost money are valid, but I don’t find that to be true particularly with the one that took several hours to complete.

I believe the following to be true: “A common misconception about libertarianism is that the philosophy is “people can do anything they want, and nobody else can say anything.” Individuals in a libertarian society are free to pursue their own lives so long as they respect the equal right so others. The libertarian rule of law means that individuals are governed by generally applicable and spontaneously developed laws. The government’s power should be limited.”

Most founding fathers (certainly
Patrick Henry) would flip out if they were alive today to see the expansive powers of our current mess of our government. They would likely become instant libertarians, but differing in specifics. When a multitude of individuals are labeled under a group blanket as if “one size fits all” it fails to match reality.
I didnt ask how often you "review" the Constitution. My question was how many books (more specifically Constitutional Law text books) have you read about the Constitution. I'll take your non answer as zero.

Why would I give a fuck what you "test out" as?

I didnt ask how often you "review" the Constitution. My question was how many books (more specifically Constitutional Law text books) have you read about the Constitution. I'll take your non answer as zero.

Why would I give a fuck what you "test out" as?
Smiles… now, now JD- don’t get your feathers in an uproar. I knew exactly that you were wanting to know which interpretation of the constitution I had read. Primary source is the best way to go. That’s why I admitted I’ve had to review it over and over.

I have no doubt that you are well-versed in various interpretations of the constitution. Would you like to play a game of who can interpret each line the best? You probably have entire passages memorized and ready to battle!

My point remains the same without the need for your posturing. You are incorrect to say that libertarians are dumb people and that they don’t even know the constitution. My response is mostly on the behalf of a new reader who might take your inaccurate opinion as factual.

Smiles… now, now JD- don’t get your feathers in an uproar. I knew exactly that you were wanting to know which interpretation of the constitution I had read. Primary source is the best way to go. That’s why I admitted I’ve had to review it over and over.

I have no doubt that you are well-versed in various interpretations of the constitution. Would you like to play a game of who can interpret each line the best? You probably have entire passages memorized and ready to battle!

My point remains the same without the need for your posturing. You are incorrect to say that libertarians are dumb people and that they don’t even know the constitution. My response is mostly on the behalf of a new reader who might take your inaccurate opinion as factual.
Thank you for admitting you are uneducated. You can't just read the Constitution and say you understand it. You have to read cases and about how the Constitution was interpreted. But I get it you dont want to possibly run across anything that might possibly change your warped view on things. So best not to read any books on the subject, right?

Constitutional Law text books dont interpret the Constitution. You'd lknow that if you ever read one.

So yes, from what you've said you're just another dumb uneducated libertarian. Maybe you're even a sovereign citizen.

Forum List

Back