I'm glad I didnt serve in Nam it was so inept

The nam thing was a fiasco...............................

You're a fiasco. You'd be the kind of soldier that would attempt to clean the barrel of your rifle while looking down it when you had a round chambered.

I would have gladly served in The Big One.

You're a fiasco. You'd be the kind of soldier that would attempt to clean the barrel of your rifle while looking down it when you had a round chambered.

I would have gladly served in The Big One.

No one cares.

You ducked out of the conflict of your time. That's fine. However, it does nothing to impress anybody about how brave you would have been if you'd only have had a war you deemed worthy of fighting and knew you would win prior to enlisting.

born in 1953.

There was a possibility.

Be glad you didn't serve in Korea either. What administration in their right mind would allow an old possibly senile WW1 vet to plan a grand invasion of North Korea after the initial mission was completed and in the fall of the year with exhausted ill-equipped Troops in an area known for some of the harshest winters on earth? Be glad you didn't serve in WW2 where the Marines were ordered to take an Island that had been fortified for 40 years, four months before the end of the war at the cost of 6,000 Marines in a month.

The major thing wrong with the Vietnam conflict was the same mistake usually made with any war.

Politicians start them, then think that gives them a special insight on how to best prosecute them.

Major rule of all warfare; once you commit troops, get the hell out of their way and let them do the damn job you spent buckets training them for with the best possible tools you can provide them.

Failing an understanding of that major rule; don't start the damn things in the first place!

If you are able to think for yourself without having to rely on cliches from the whining pop-culture media and you are able to analyze the Military adventures in the bloody 20th century, you might come to the conclusion that life was cheap and there is plenty of blame to go around. LBJ set the rules in VietNam so that we could win all the battles and still lose the war and the current administration is doing the same freaking thing today.

The major thing wrong with the Vietnam conflict was the same mistake usually made with any war.

Politicians start them, then think that gives them a special insight on how to best prosecute them.

Major rule of all warfare; once you commit troops, get the hell out of their way and let them do the damn job you spent buckets training them for with the best possible tools you can provide them.

Failing an understanding of that major rule; don't start the damn things in the first place!

Makes me glad for President Obama. Several times now, he has sent a group of highly trained individuals to do the job and get out.

Unlike Bush who got hundreds of thousands killed and billions added to our debt. And, unlike Mitt (Bush's Brain) who wants to add $$trillions to our military and stack up more dead and maimed for nothing except his own demented "glory".

The just cause for old fashioned wars on the ground is long gone. Its the 21st century for everyone except the Rs.

Makes me glad for President Obama. Several times now, he has sent a group of highly trained individuals to do the job and get out.

Unlike Bush who got hundreds of thousands killed and billions added to our debt. And, unlike Mitt (Bush's Brain) who wants to add $$trillions to our military and stack up more dead and maimed for nothing except his own demented "glory".

The just cause for old fashioned wars on the ground is long gone. Its the 21st century for everyone except the Rs.

Say what? "Do the job and get out"? Do what? Launch multi- million dollar drones to bomb one ant when another dozen pop up? Unfortunately the just cause for old fashioned ground wars still exists unless president Hussein thinks he can exhaust the resolve of a jihad that still thinks in 6th century terms.

First of all, 6,000 Americans KIA, bad as that is, does not equal "hundreds of thousands dead" (I don't personally give a damn about ENEMY casualties). Second, the cut-back military you people demanded has gotten us far more casualties (PTSD, etc. ) and declining morale due to too many deployments. Our troops are overused and over-extended; there's NOTHING good about that. I'd rather spend more money, than destroy our personnel through overuse; too damn many of these kids have been sent into combat deployments six, seven times or more; that's too damn much. Fourth, after all those visits to Walter Reed that he DIDN'T make, and the condolence letters he couldn't be bothered to sign, and especially after that "...On MY orders..., ...at MY direction..." speech taking the credit for what our military and intelligence professionals did, you'd have us believe that Obama cares more about the troops than he does for partisan political advantage? Bullshit; you want a non-serving "chickenhawk" seeking personal glory at the expense of our troops, take a good long look at Obama! Bush visited with and continues to support our wounded far more than Obama EVER has or will. He actually cares; Obama only cares for photo ops.

Don't pretend YOU care either, you partisan hack.

58.000 American lives were wasted in Nam for nothing.....................

was that Dudley the "Independent" speaking?......or Dudley the Far Left Liberal Democrat?....

Face it, you are glad you didn't serve because YOU DIDN'T serve. At least Cheney's arrogant "I had OTHER PRIORITIES....." is honest.

Forum List

Back