I'm Burnt Out...

I've spent the summer getting the house ready to sell and taking a class. I kept finishing and crashing.

Now the house is on the market; sign up Monday, online Tuesday. 3 showings, tomorrow getting a repeat showing. Say a prayer.

Got to work on lesson plans, but am ready to catch up on news.

The house I've been renting since I moved back has been on the market for a month and half now Annie, and they've only showed it twice. I wish they'd let me make their payments for them for another six months while I'm dealing on 8 acres that the house just recently burned down and the owner has been sent to prison. Great location, needs sweat equity.

Good luck with your home, although it sounds like it's going to go like a hot cake.

... on the news, on obama, on the country getting flushed down the toilet by politicians that don't listen to the people and pass bills without reading them... just everything. Everything to do with our government. I've hit overload and I'm sick of it. I've quit watching the news all together. Show me a good movie.

Anybody else feel like they're getting to that point?

Moderation is the key to everything. One of the best illustrations of this is the Norman Rockwell painting called Going and Coming. Note the ernestness and excitement on the family's face in the top section going on holiday and then the beat dead look in the bottom section coming home. Now look at grandma in the back seat in both pictures. Same stoic look. Grandma knew from experience how to pace her self and live in moderation.

Leave the wailing and gnashing of teeth to the talk radio crowd who are making millions off of the entertainment value. America was here yesterday, it will be here tomorrow. All of the fear and flapping of arms isn't going to change it.

View attachment 7918

I'd agree with much of what you said, up to the part about "America was here yesterday, it will be here tomorrow." I would disagree with that. At 54 years old I can tell you the America I saw growing up and the America I see today are two completely different entities, and I don't like what I see today. That's part of the reason I recoil anymore at the news or political talk. It's depressing to see what a bunch of idiot voters and a devilish little junior senator with zero experience at anything but community organizing can do this once wonderful country in such a short period of time.

At this point, I, and the ever growing chorus of others, am convinced that the only way the people will ever take this country back from it's out of touch and out of control government... is another Civil War. Possibly not... possibly a quite revolution of sorts could accomplish it, but "voting" will not.

... on the news, on obama, on the country getting flushed down the toilet by politicians that don't listen to the people and pass bills without reading them... just everything. Everything to do with our government. I've hit overload and I'm sick of it. I've quit watching the news all together. Show me a good movie.

Good thing you belong to a political message board then cowboy! :cool:

Well it's more than just that isn't it EZ? There's lots of people here that you never see in the political sections.

And those are the people who are having the same feelings that you are having...but that just want to have some fun and some discussion with others.

The problem I find is that the nutjobs who think they are the final word on everything are just being annoying to be annoying. Most are not contributing much more than flaming and trash. Making general fools of themselves and thinking they are actually, somehow, better than everyone else when most are just too noobish to be worth the time. They are getting louder now more than ever before, like the flood gates to the internet was opened in the insane asylums.

Life is about balance. We get out of balance, we get tired, frustrated, and tune out things and people around us.

Take time for yourself. Nuture your own heart and soul. And when you are rested and renewed in yourself, you will be able to inspire and incite your fellow Americans to carry the torch of freedom and liberty again.

It is not a race but a marathon we run.

The problem I find is that the nutjobs who think they are the final word on everything are just being annoying to be annoying. Most are not contributing much more than flaming and trash. Making general fools of themselves and thinking they are actually, somehow, better than everyone else when most are just too noobish to be worth the time. They are getting louder now more than ever before, like the flood gates to the internet was opened in the insane asylums.

That and the insult mob, who roam the board just looking for someone to disagree with so they can demolish any debate with their garbage.

I think that may have been what you were eluding to KK.

That and the insult mob, who roam the board just looking for someone to disagree with so they can demolish any debate with their garbage.

I think that may have been what you were eluding to KK.

Exactly. ;)

It's called outrage fatique, PR.

I've think I've had it for decades. And, FWIW, it isn't getting any better (for me, I mean) with Obama in office, either.

Things keep getting more outrageous, more Orwellian, and still the sheeple think politics is a game with two sides, one good and one bad, each vying for power by winning their vote.

Can people really be that naive? Do they really think this game is white hats and black ones?

If you read this board, they surely do.

Last edited:

I've think I've had it for decades. And, FWIW, it isn't getting any better (for me, I mean) with Obama in office, either.

Things keep getting more outrageous, more Orwellian, and still the sheeple think politics is a game with two sides, one good and one bad, each vying for power by winning their vote.

Can people really be that naive? Do they really think this game is white hats and black ones?

They're young editec... they don't have a lot to draw upon when it comes to retrospect. I know exactly what you're saying.

They're young editec... they don't have a lot to draw upon when it comes to retrospect. I know exactly what you're saying.

Yup, I think that explains it.

Odd, isn't it?

As we get older more typically we'd be expected to be more sanguine about the world. Clearly that isn't happening this generation.

The angriest people on this board are almost all also the oldest political players.

But for many of us, many of us even if we have diametrically different views as you and I do, we BOTH find ourselves wondering if these nitwits will ever wake up from their 8th grade civics delusional points of view.

Our nation is going to shit, PR, both parties are part of that process, and you and I both see that even if we cannot agrree about much else..

In all likelihood we would probably point out many of the same people turning it into a gigantic turd-pile, too.

Move to the country, dude. Take your brothers and sisters and create your own community if they let you.

I say if they let you because I know, speaking as a hippi, that those whose views are outside the norm often cannot create a life no matter how hard they try to isolate themselves from society at large.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Odd, isn't it?

As we get older more typically we'd be expected to be more sanguine about the world. Clearly that isn't happening this generation.

The angriest people on this board are almost all also the oldest political players.

But for many of us, many of us even if we have diametrically different views as you and I do, we BOTH find ourselves wondering if these nitwits will ever wake up from their 8th grade civics delusional points of view.

Our nation is going to shit, PR, both parties are part of that process, and you and I both see that even if we cannot agrree about much else..

In all likelihood we would probably point out many of the same people turning it into a gigantic turd-pile, too.

Move to the country, dude. Take your brothers and sisters and create your own community if they let you.

I say if they let you because I know, speaking as a hippi, that those whose views are outside the norm often cannot create a life no matter how hard they try to isolate themselves from society at large.

Just don't think all us yungins are like that. :razz:

Some of us actually want to debate, we just get tired of the parroting and copy/pasters from our generations messing everything up.

What I say IS the final word:razz::razz:

Bah! That's just because we get bored of what you say. :razz:

Bah! That's just because we get bored of what you say. :razz:

Hey, final is final.

It doesn't matter how you get to the destination, as long as you get there. Same principle in action here.

Been there for quite sometime now. Stopped watching News and other TV, 3 or 4 months ago. It is all they same old garbage day in and day out, and the real important stuff, gets ignored for the most part. Feel like I am spinning my tires and it is like watching an old friend die before your very eyes.

I watch a lot of movies now. I listen to a lot of music. I used to be a huge political debater. I cannot do it like I used to, because words seems to be not enough.

A good movie that will make you laugh. I have the perfect one

It is titled "Death at a Funeral". Have you seen it? It is hilarious

Been there for quite sometime now. Stopped watching News and other TV, 3 or 4 months ago. It is all they same old garbage day in and day out, and the real important stuff, gets ignored for the most part. Feel like I am spinning my tires and it is like watching an old friend die before your very eyes.

I watch a lot of movies now. I listen to a lot of music. I used to be a huge political debater. I cannot do it like I used to, because words seems to be not enough.

A good movie that will make you laugh. I have the perfect one

It is titled "Death at a Funeral". Have you seen it? It is hilarious

One of the new networks (called This) shows a lot of movies, though I hate the new digital signal (we got bad enough analog reception near the freeway as it was) they show a lot of old movies now. I turn it there during the news or one of Obama's many speeches ... or what passes for speeches.

Odd, isn't it?

I totally agree editec, and it's not just with you. I have liberal friends I've known for decades, with whom I've had heated debates, me from the right, them from the left, but now we seem to all be coming to the same conclusion... our country is going down the toilet and we're fucked. I'd almost go as far as to say I'm amazed at this new phenomenon, but I won't. I know what's behind it... OUR COUNTRY IS GOING DOWN THE TOILET AND WE ARE FUCKED... :lol:

And I do live in small town America. VERY small town, and I like it. Been there done that when it comes to the big city, quite a few times over. Hated it. Give me a river to plop my boat in and the fragrance of manure wafting about in the air and I'm happy. Stay away from me, because if you become a jerk while disturbing me, you're probably going to say hello to the business end of a .45 pistol. When there's no law around, you ARE the law. I just wish it was all as simple as that, but it isn't.

it is just info overload...how much can one person be expected to absorb and all....i dont do the talking heads..it amazes me that anyone does...what are they...a daily dose of impotent rage? and does anyone even remember who carlson tucker was? let it go pale....i like a quiet house...if you let that rage and venom into your life daily you will be miserable....its like a slow dripping faucet....as for this country ...it will right itself...we have been thru worse than this...i worry about the debt...but washington has become an entity into itself...and will continue to grow as long as the citizens allow it.

Forum List

Back