I'm Burnt Out...

I try to keep in mind that anything Obama pushes thru can and most likely will be undone when saner heads prevail in DC. But even with that encouraging thought, comes the realization that money poured down the tubes in the name of economic stimulus can never be 'unspent.'

Living with the constant barrage of 'ain't it awful' coming outta Washington is very depressing. But i'll take that negative news with the hope that it's never replaced with threats to our national security. Obama has proven he has absolutely no fiscal sense. Heaven help us if he's challenged to prove how little military expertise he has.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
... on the news, on obama, on the country getting flushed down the toilet by politicians that don't listen to the people and pass bills without reading them... just everything. Everything to do with our government. I've hit overload and I'm sick of it. I've quit watching the news all together. Show me a good movie.

Anybody else feel like they're getting to that point?

I hear ya, Pale Rider. And spending time on political message boards doesn't help that feeling that the whole damn country has gone nutz, does it?

If ya need a little respite from the craziness, stop by my place and I'll buy ya a beer. No political discussion allowed.

;)
SMW

Wow... an invitation to join another board... I'm flattered... :redface:

LOL... well, you don't have to MOVE there, but it wouldn't hurt to visit, would it??

tequilaworm.gif

(best Tequila on the 'net!)​

... on the news, on obama, on the country getting flushed down the toilet by politicians that don't listen to the people and pass bills without reading them... just everything. Everything to do with our government. I've hit overload and I'm sick of it. I've quit watching the news all together. Show me a good movie.

Moderation is the key to everything. One of the best illustrations of this is the Norman Rockwell painting called Going and Coming. Note the ernestness and excitement on the family's face in the top section going on holiday and then the beat dead look in the bottom section coming home. Now look at grandma in the back seat in both pictures. Same stoic look. Grandma knew from experience how to pace her self and live in moderation.

Leave the wailing and gnashing of teeth to the talk radio crowd who are making millions off of the entertainment value. America was here yesterday, it will be here tomorrow. All of the fear and flapping of arms isn't going to change it.

View attachment 7918

I'd agree with much of what you said, up to the part about "America was here yesterday, it will be here tomorrow." I would disagree with that. At 54 years old I can tell you the America I saw growing up and the America I see today are two completely different entities, and I don't like what I see today. That's part of the reason I recoil anymore at the news or political talk. It's depressing to see what a bunch of idiot voters and a devilish little junior senator with zero experience at anything but community organizing can do this once wonderful country in such a short period of time.

At this point, I, and the ever growing chorus of others, am convinced that the only way the people will ever take this country back from it's out of touch and out of control government... is another Civil War. Possibly not... possibly a quite revolution of sorts could accomplish it, but "voting" will not.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree, because I firmly believe America will still be here tomorrow. I'm 52, so you don't have much on me in the age department. I'll agree, the America I see today is totally different than it was when I was growing up. Of course, when my dad was 52, America was totally different from the America he was born into in 1924.....and he didn't necessarily think for the better either. Our children will say the same thing when they are 52. You have to look at the big picture. Change is inevitable and things will never be as rosy as they used to be when we look thru the lens of nostalgia. Depending on which side of the aisle a person is on, they thought we wouldn't survive Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama. We have. We will. America is the people, not the government. I'm a conservative, but it was equally depressing to see what a lifetime loser like Bush did in such a short time in office too by dragging us into a war of choice in Iraq and not paying attention to things at home. He is directly responsible for where we are today with Obama in office. but we weathered Bush and we will weather Obama. No civil war needed then or now. Buck up, have some faith in the nation as a people.

That's life.

Macbeth:
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Macbeth Act 5, scene 5, 19–28

Last edited:
Moderation is the key to everything. One of the best illustrations of this is the Norman Rockwell painting called Going and Coming. Note the ernestness and excitement on the family's face in the top section going on holiday and then the beat dead look in the bottom section coming home. Now look at grandma in the back seat in both pictures. Same stoic look. Grandma knew from experience how to pace her self and live in moderation.

Leave the wailing and gnashing of teeth to the talk radio crowd who are making millions off of the entertainment value. America was here yesterday, it will be here tomorrow. All of the fear and flapping of arms isn't going to change it.

View attachment 7918

I'd agree with much of what you said, up to the part about "America was here yesterday, it will be here tomorrow." I would disagree with that. At 54 years old I can tell you the America I saw growing up and the America I see today are two completely different entities, and I don't like what I see today. That's part of the reason I recoil anymore at the news or political talk. It's depressing to see what a bunch of idiot voters and a devilish little junior senator with zero experience at anything but community organizing can do this once wonderful country in such a short period of time.

At this point, I, and the ever growing chorus of others, am convinced that the only way the people will ever take this country back from it's out of touch and out of control government... is another Civil War. Possibly not... possibly a quite revolution of sorts could accomplish it, but "voting" will not.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree, because I firmly believe America will still be here tomorrow. I'm 52, so you don't have much on me in the age department. I'll agree, the America I see today is totally different than it was when I was growing up. Of course, when my dad was 52, America was totally different from the America he was born into in 1924.....and he didn't necessarily think for the better either. Our children will say the same thing when they are 52. You have to look at the big picture. Change is inevitable and things will never be as rosy as they used to be when we look thru the lens of nostalgia. Depending on which side of the aisle a person is on, they thought we wouldn't survive Kennedy, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama. We have. We will. America is the people, not the government. I'm a conservative, but it was equally depressing to see what a lifetime loser like Bush did in such a short time in office too by dragging us into a war of choice in Iraq and not paying attention to things at home. He is directly responsible for where we are today with Obama in office. but we weathered Bush and we will weather Obama. No civil war needed then or now. Buck up, have some faith in the nation as a people.

Well, yes, we can agree to disagree, and thank you for doing so cordially.

But I don't believe that America can suffer itself through much more. I think there will come a day when things all come to a head and the people say enough is enough. I mean it's happened before, has it not? And I'm sure at some point, it will happen again. I think we may be nearing that point. Our government is out of control, and it's spent/spending us into certain financial ruin and tax load oblivion. Bush did get us entangled in the middle east and he never had the legal power to do that, none the less that it was incredibly stupid. He also ignored the border and pushed for amnesty of 22 million illegal aliens. I hate the man with a passion for both reasons. Now, I hate obama even more, because he's screwed up our economy far worse than he found it, and he's continuing this middle east occupation. Then if you try and listen to the news, they spend two minutes reporting what's happening, and then line up their endless line of commentators, analysts and pundits, (talking heads), and they all sit around and give their OPINIONS on what you just heard for the next TWENTY FIVE MINUTES! Five minutes of news, twenty five minutes of OPINION! I do NOT NEED that. And it seems ALL the news channels do it now. Good God... I can't take another minute of it. Just tell me the news, AND THEN SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Sorry about the cussing. Too many years in the military and too many years hanging around bikers I guess.

Last edited:
it is just info overload...how much can one person be expected to absorb and all....i dont do the talking heads..it amazes me that anyone does...what are they...a daily dose of impotent rage? and does anyone even remember who carlson tucker was? let it go pale....i like a quiet house...if you let that rage and venom into your life daily you will be miserable....its like a slow dripping faucet....as for this country ...it will right itself...we have been thru worse than this...i worry about the debt...but washington has become an entity into itself...and will continue to grow as long as the citizens allow it.

You got it. It's partly the news. I'm just sick of hearing it. But it's in large part that I can't stand to LISTEN to the news anymore, BECAUSE OF THE TALKING HEADS!!! They all make me sick. It's ALL nothing more than OPINION, or SPIN, and I do NOT need to HEAR IT! So I think I'm going to get my news from the internet now, so I don't have to listen to that endless drivel from talking heads. I'll form my OWN opinions about what I just heard, thank you.

And I like a quite house too bones. I find myself more and more sitting in silence, even though I have a major sound system and love music. Must be getting old... :redface:

Pale Rider, maybe this will brighten the mood:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftg2UJmBPa8]YouTube - NoCountry[/ame]

Yes! Yes! Yes!

My next question is why do so many of us feel this same way? Why have the gubmint bastards caused us to feel so drained and frustrated or why have we allowed it?

Yes! Yes! Yes!

My next question is why do so many of us feel this same way? Why have the gubmint bastards caused us to feel so drained and frustrated or why have we allowed it?

Dreamy, I have noticed many people who are literally depressed angry and even grown men tear up when they talk about what is happening and the freedoms lost in our country. It is very sad. I work closely with people one on one, and they tell me what they think and feel all the time.

The utter frustration is causing many people to feel like Pale Rider.

He is not alone for sure

Forum List

Back