I'm Burnt Out...

Charter Member
May 8, 2004
Podunk, WI
... on the news, on obama, on the country getting flushed down the toilet by politicians that don't listen to the people and pass bills without reading them... just everything. Everything to do with our government. I've hit overload and I'm sick of it. I've quit watching the news all together. Show me a good movie.

Anybody else feel like they're getting to that point?

I felt the same way Pale during the last 4 years of Bush...I just found it hard to listen to the news and all of their spin and pretty much the same now...I have reduced listening to c-span and even that is becoming intolerable....

I don't even listen to Obama when he gives any of his addresses to us....I may read about it later, but i just can't listen live....

(I still will argue that he was born in Honolulu though) :D

care

... on the news, on obama, on the country getting flushed down the toilet by politicians that don't listen to the people and pass bills without reading them... just everything. Everything to do with our government. I've hit overload and I'm sick of it. I've quit watching the news all together. Show me a good movie.

Good thing you belong to a political message board then cowboy! :cool:

Me to Pale Rider, me to.

When it comes to politics KK, I just feel like I've run otta gas. I need a break from it, and I don't know how long that will be.

Understandable. I am on a break right now, it's all parroting and nothing new lately, and no one has a solution, just finger pointing and blaming. In the mean time the government still tries to screw us over, rob us blind, and all people do is talk talk talk. Someday it will get better, someday our government will listen and care about us again, I have no idea when or even if I will ever see a good government here in my lifetime, but someday. Right now it's the same circus we have had since I can remember, and there are too many ringmasters and all want the same thing, your money.

I stick to posting just facts right now and try not to take sides, it makes it a bit easier. You could hang out in Mani's sandbox for a bit.

I'm a three day on, three day off kinda gal...in general! :)

I go days where I can not stop arguing the argument, whatever it may be, then I gotta git outside and see some nature for a few days because I have burnt myself out....then it starts all over again! :D

Been there for a long time P.R. Since right after Bush Jr. won his second term. There is not a news organization on the face of the planet that I trust anymore. There is not a politician on the planet that I trust either.

I'm disgusted by all of it.

But then, I can come here and bitch and moan about the media and politics and at least feel like someone's listening. :D

Immie

I hear ya, Pale Rider. And spending time on political message boards doesn't help that feeling that the whole damn country has gone nutz, does it?

If ya need a little respite from the craziness, stop by my place and I'll buy ya a beer. No political discussion allowed.

;)
SMW

Does this mean you won't be running for office?

It must be disheartening that you can't prove that Obama isn't eligible to be president.

I felt the same way Pale during the last 4 years of Bush...I just found it hard to listen to the news and all of their spin and pretty much the same now...I have reduced listening to c-span and even that is becoming intolerable....

I don't even listen to Obama when he gives any of his addresses to us....I may read about it later, but i just can't listen live....

(I still will argue that he was born in Honolulu though) :D

care

I'm even burnt out on the where was obama born thing, and no, no one has proven where, not even obama. Don't need to argue that anymore. That's a fact. I'll just wait now until the shit hits the fan or not. I've gotten to the point where I don't care, and that's bad actually. But a person can only take so much of this circus... and I think you know what I mean Care.

Good thing you belong to a political message board then cowboy! :cool:

Well it's more than just that isn't it EZ? There's lots of people here that you never see in the political sections.

Me to Pale Rider, me to.

When it comes to politics KK, I just feel like I've run otta gas. I need a break from it, and I don't know how long that will be.

Understandable. I am on a break right now, it's all parroting and nothing new lately, and no one has a solution, just finger pointing and blaming. In the mean time the government still tries to screw us over, rob us blind, and all people do is talk talk talk. Someday it will get better, someday our government will listen and care about us again, I have no idea when or even if I will ever see a good government here in my lifetime, but someday. Right now it's the same circus we have had since I can remember, and there are too many ringmasters and all want the same thing, your money.

I stick to posting just facts right now and try not to take sides, it makes it a bit easier. You could hang out in Mani's sandbox for a bit.
Damn it....

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to KittenKoder again.

Been there for a long time P.R. Since right after Bush Jr. won his second term. There is not a news organization on the face of the planet that I trust anymore. There is not a politician on the planet that I trust either.

I'm disgusted by all of it.

But then, I can come here and bitch and moan about the media and politics and at least feel like someone's listening. :D

Immie

I'm right with ya Immie... that's it exactly. I don't think there's a politician alive I'd give ya a plug nickel for, or a news outlet of any kind. They're all promoting their agenda whatever that may be, and I don't see any of them really giving a rats ass about "the people."

GREED is what I see ruling America, and the world.

It's a waste of time, bro. We can yap all we want---nothing changes. Same tired arguments from everyone. Just play and relax.

I hear ya, Pale Rider. And spending time on political message boards doesn't help that feeling that the whole damn country has gone nutz, does it?

If ya need a little respite from the craziness, stop by my place and I'll buy ya a beer. No political discussion allowed.

;)
SMW

Wow... an invitation to join another board... I'm flattered... :redface:

Does this mean you won't be running for office?
No Ravi, what I say and do here has absolutely zero impact or influence on what I do in my "real" life.

It must be disheartening that you can't prove that Obama isn't eligible to be president.

No I can't, but at least I can rest assured he hasn't proven he is either. Just because there's so many willing to look the other way and sweep it under the rug is irrelevant to me. But rest assured, there are millions of others that are far more tenacious than I, and they won't give up.

In any case, your sarcasm is fresh as ever.

Last edited:
I've spent the summer getting the house ready to sell and taking a class. I kept finishing and crashing.

Now the house is on the market; sign up Monday, online Tuesday. 3 showings, tomorrow getting a repeat showing. Say a prayer.

Got to work on lesson plans, but am ready to catch up on news.

quite some time ago

inasmuch as these are interesting times , even in their voltility, the specture of social devolution keeps popping it's ugly head up .....

3165721000_8d892c4918.jpg

Moderation is the key to everything. One of the best illustrations of this is the Norman Rockwell painting called Going and Coming. Note the ernestness and excitement on the family's face in the top section going on holiday and then the beat dead look in the bottom section coming home. Now look at grandma in the back seat in both pictures. Same stoic look. Grandma knew from experience how to pace her self and live in moderation.

Leave the wailing and gnashing of teeth to the talk radio crowd who are making millions off of the entertainment value. America was here yesterday, it will be here tomorrow. All of the fear and flapping of arms isn't going to change it.

View attachment 7918

Last edited:

Forum List

Back