I'm beginning to understand...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by manifold, Jun 12, 2009.

1. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,734
    I'm beginning to understand why Muslim leaders are reluctant to condemn the extremists in their fold.

Blast kills cleric who denounced suicide attacks - CNN.com

2. Newby

Newby Does it get any better? Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,703
    I don't know what the problem is, I mean since the percentage of 'radical' Islamists is so small compared to the total muslim population, if all of the non-radical clerics spoke out as this poor gentleman did, only a small percentage of them would be killed ot blown up. The odds are with them according to the statistics. :razz:

3. manifold

manifold Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,734
    I'm not sure if there are any reliable statistics in this case. But the odds are certainly with them according to the rhetoric. :eek:

4. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Well... sure...

And naturally, as a result, the Americans should pretend that all is well and that the moderate Muslims all agree with us... and... if we just concede to their demands and except them into our culture, they'll naturally, EVENTUALLY, SOMEHOW... come to resist the urge to cow to the extremists... at some unknown point, int he future.

So let's send Hamas another billion, give Iran the means it needs to secure Nuclear weapons, put Israel in THEIR PLACE and be sure to protect the RIGHTS of those Muslims fighting US troops, by Mirandizing them at the point of 'arrest'... which is not to say: CAPTURE... return from a 'war footing' to a pre-9-11 LAW ENFORCEMENT action and try each and every 'detainee' with the full civil protections provided by the US Constitution... preventing ANYONE in the US Military from culling form them, intelligence necessary to secure a victory in the on going battle against them... Because AFTER ALL... SOME OF THEM ARE AGAINST TERRORISM... (They just can't say so, because the extremist will KILL THEM... ((But they're really 'with us')))

To be honest Mani... I don't see any signs of you understanding MUCH!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  5. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    ... so... No snappy comebacks?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. MaggieMae

MaggieMae Reality bits

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,601
    So how exactly would YOU handle the situation, Publi? Should another country (say, the United States) intervene in a possible civil war among 'good' muslims and 'bad' muslims? And where would that civil war be carried out? On whose soil?

Your entire comment is all rant, offering nothing. It's impossible to declare "victory" against terrorism, which is a method, an intangible "enemy."

7. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Oh sis you don't even WANT TO KNOW how this world would look today, if I had been the President of the US on 9-11...

But suffice it to say, that we'd have had total victory over the Muslim world MANY years ago... and the Middle East would be in effect, a spanking new Chevron Station...

I believe in American Exceptionalism sis... and exceptional would be the word I'd use to define how I'd have handled it... I'm sure you'd prefer any of a litanny of other, less flattering words... most of which would rhyme "Schmucking Schmashism..." and I wouldn't give a red rats ass what you thought about it... born out and supported by the fact that that's how I felt about it then and how I feel about it today.

But the President took a kindler gentler approach and we're paying for it in SPADES...

8. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    *imagines a nuclear wasteland on half the globe and hazmat suits on the other*

9. Oddball

Oddball BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
    Ratings:
    +8,409
    That's a good little patriot.

Now, polish you flag lapel pin and read your Weakly Standard. :lol:

10. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    ROFLMNAO...

So no... there will be no snappy comebacks... just more of the same self righteous fiegning of moral equivilency, where the US is 'felt' to have 'deserved' 9-11...

And the 'measured response' drivel which has lead to precisely where we're at right now; with terrorists having risen to VICTIMS and the US itself funding the largest terrorist organization on earth with a BILLION FREAKIN' DOLLARS... as she prepares to turn her back on the oldest allie in the region which spawns our enemy and is busy lighting what remains of one of her few remaining industries ablaze... stomping on contracts which are in many cases nearly a CENTURY old...

Polish my lapel flag... my ass, DUDE.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2009