I'm a Democrat, The Deborah Ramirez story sounds fishy

Third worlders are doing this. People used to being catered to and who can’t accept losing.
I’m thinking they will eventually get used to it though.
And it was your party who made victimhood synonymous with sainthood.
i don't think it was any one party but something that has grown over time on both sides cause we're in this "payback" mentality. only when we "payback" it's in a "hold my beer" fashion and we take it to another level.

unless we really want the most fucked up government on the planet, we need to end these bullshit identity politics and character assassinations.

This also has implications regarding ordinary citizens. When a woman doesn't like you she will just accuse you of flashing her or raping her.

Well, she'd have to show that she knows you and that you spent time along together.

But here's the reality... if that sort of thing came up on a background check, it would be a deal killer in most jobs. And the person would never know about it.
and given he's been through 6 background checks w/o issue, we must have one very bad FBI huh?

That is an important point. This tactic WILL be used against democrats in the future. It's inevitable once Republicans get over their natural tendencies to fight fair.
`
What tactic? Coming out with the truth?

What truth? You mean the unprovable allegation from an unspecified year that took place at an unknown location for which not a single person has corroborated?

That truth?

Or the truth that was a made up story about one drunk young man yelling his whole name, first and last, out loud?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

That is an important point. This tactic WILL be used against democrats in the future. It's inevitable once Republicans get over their natural tendencies to fight fair.
`
What tactic? Coming out with the truth?

Coming out with an unsubstantiated rumor and giving it the status of absolute fact. Let's put it this way, how many many of you will continue calling Kavenaugh a rapist even after her story falls apart?

But democrats don't seem to think beyond this week.

What truth? You mean the unprovable allegation from an unspecified year that took place at an unknown location for which not a single person has corroborated? That truth? Or the truth that was a made up story about one drunk young man yelling his whole name, first and last, out loud?
`
At the time, I choose to believe in Christine Blasey Ford. Now if irrefutable evidence shows that she lied, that's different but so far, none has been introduced.

What truth? You mean the unprovable allegation from an unspecified year that took place at an unknown location for which not a single person has corroborated? That truth? Or the truth that was a made up story about one drunk young man yelling his whole name, first and last, out loud?
`
At the time, I choose to believe in Christine Blasey Ford. Now if irrefutable evidence shows that she lied, that's different but so far, none has been introduced.
she doesn't have it, why should he? every witness she's called has said "didn't happen" but you still believe her. you choose to believe the worst in those on the side "you don't like" and that's all there is to it. truth need not apply it would seem. if you were into truth you'd stop here cause there isn't enough info to even know what that would be. so this little "i choose" is just you doing it cause it's left vs. right, not right vs. wrong.

`

She is the one making the allegation, it is her job to support it. In this country people are considered innocent till PROVEN guilty.

It would be physically impossible to have irrefutable evidence that you ask for because she has not provided enough detail. She cannot even tell us what year it happened.

From what I read, her lawyer asked her to remember stuff. She didn't remember anything bad, but after 6 days she remembered be put his dick next to her face.

There is no research showing memory loss in raped women, let alone dick flashing incidents.

These types of events are salient and non-forgettable. If a woman flashed her pussy to me and I felt violated, I'd be able to recall it right away 30 years later.

The problem is that we are making it easy for any Republican woman to pretend a Democrat flashed or raped or harassed her in the distant past.

This also has implications regarding ordinary citizens. When a woman doesn't like you she will just accuse you of flashing her or raping her.

Welcome to the party. You are late, but the party isn’t over.

This is WHAT CONSERVATIVES HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR A FEW YEARS NOW.

This stuff can and will boomerang. It’s short sighted to overlook injustices and lies just because it may benefit your beliefs in the short term.

No shit this stuff has consequences.

She is the one making the allegation, it is her job to support it. In this country people are considered innocent till PROVEN guilty. It would be physically impossible to have irrefutable evidence that you ask for because she has not provided enough detail. She cannot even tell us what year it happened.
`
Read back a bit and you'll find I said this story needs to be investigated.

`

She is the one making the allegation, it is her job to support it. In this country people are considered innocent till PROVEN guilty.

It would be physically impossible to have irrefutable evidence that you ask for because she has not provided enough detail. She cannot even tell us what year it happened.

she believes what suits her comfort and then uses her comfort to support her beliefs.

She is the one making the allegation, it is her job to support it. In this country people are considered innocent till PROVEN guilty. It would be physically impossible to have irrefutable evidence that you ask for because she has not provided enough detail. She cannot even tell us what year it happened.
`
Read back a bit and you'll find I said this story needs to be investigated.

But it does not need to be, there is not even enough detail to investigate. How do you investigate something that you do not know when or where it happened.

If I accused you of stealing from my backyard at some undetermined point in the last 30 years, should that be investigated?

This second story is odd.

On the one hand, it sounds a little flaky and vague. And the woman admits that she was really drunk and did not originally remember much of it. But upon reflection - did...which sounds a bit strange.

On the other hand, I get why she did not report this episode before (whereas the first incident, I think there is no acceptable excuse for her not reporting it before. As I said before, I know it's tough for women, but they have a moral duty to report rapes so that the perpetrator can be brought to justice and stopped so they do not rape others). This is such an odd sounding occurrence, that it would be pretty strange to go to the police/campus police over it, IMO.

I, personally, have never heard of an incident this odd. Which actually makes it seem even more likely to have occurred.

But - as I said in another thread - unless unbiased, factual evidence (like DNA/video/audio proof) or multiple, unbiased eye witnesses can corroborate these incidents, I do not think they should effect this guy's vote for the SCOTUS.

I do NOT want this guy in the SCOTUS. But, unless a crime can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, it should not stop his appointment. SCOTUS judges do not have to be good or even nice people. They just have to be good at judging the Constitution.

This second story is odd.

On the one hand, it sounds a little flaky and vague. And the woman admits that she was really drunk and did not originally remember much of it. But upon reflection - did...which sounds a bit strange.

On the other hand, I get why she did not report this episode before (whereas the first incident, I think there is no acceptable excuse for her not reporting it before. As I said before, I know it's tough for women, but they have a moral duty to report rapes so that the perpetrator can be brought to justice and stopped so they do not rape others). This is such an odd sounding occurrence, that it would be pretty strange to go to the police/campus police over it, IMO.

I, personally, have never heard of an incident this odd. Which actually makes it seem even more likely to have occurred.

But - as I said in another thread - unless unbiased, factual evidence (like DNA/video/audio proof) or multiple, unbiased eye witnesses can corroborate these incidents, I do not think they should effect this guy's vote for the SCOTUS.

I do NOT want this guy in the SCOTUS. But, unless a crime can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, it should not stop his appointment. SCOTUS judges do not have to be good or even nice people. They just have to be good at judging the Constitution.
how can someone be "telling the truth" when it took 6 days to finally come to some form of conclusions that *something* happened and kavanaugh did it?

she either remembered or not. taking 6 days of pushing to remember is more like beating a confession out of someone.

I dont want this guy in the SC.
That being said, i dont believe the Ford woman. And even if the second one happened, who gives a shit? Dudes showq their dicks all the time. Its pathetic as hell to even bring it up.
How can Ford say it has permanently scarred her, cant have relationships with men... yet, she dont remember shit about it? :eusa_think:
I cant stand the way they are trashing this man. His poor family!!

Aside from the general ugliness of all this, I think it's also fair to wonder if this is going to be the new political weapon of choice going forward. If that's the case, we haven't even SEEN ugly yet.

This is what happens when we allow the overall environment to deteriorate. As usual, we're doing this to ourselves.

Stormy Mac, defending of White Male Privilege!

When a president who brags about grabbing women by the pussy, appoints a guy who liked to molest women when he was young, that is kind of a big deal.

If they keep Kavanaugh from being seated and then lose seats in the Senate in Nov, they will be very sorry for their actions. Kavanaugh is about as good as they will get from a Repub POTUS.

It's equally possible they'll gain seats in November, and block any non-moderate Trump puts up.

Trump tweeting his usual misogyny will remind women what is at stake here.

As a woman with a husband and son what's at stake is a good man being false accused.

Aside from the general ugliness of all this, I think it's also fair to wonder if this is going to be the new political weapon of choice going forward. If that's the case, we haven't even SEEN ugly yet.

This is what happens when we allow the overall environment to deteriorate. As usual, we're doing this to ourselves.

For years, I've been telling libs, enjoy the present civil discourse, because these are the good old days.

And, like always, I am right.

I dont want this guy in the SC.
That being said, i dont believe the Ford woman. And even if the second one happened, who gives a shit? Dudes showq their dicks all the time. Its pathetic as hell to even bring it up.
How can Ford say it has permanently scarred her, cant have relationships with men... yet, she dont remember shit about it? :eusa_think:
I cant stand the way they are trashing this man. His poor family!!
i didn't want obama for president either but when they are voted in via the process we have in place, they win. they get to make the shots and it only stands to reason i won't like a lot of what he does.

but under no circumstances does that allow me to make up lies to stop him.

`
I don't know what to believe here, so: Deborah Ramirez: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

This part of her story seals that it is a lie to me...

“Somebody yelled down the hall, ‘Brett Kavanaugh just put his penis in Debbie’s face,’

That is not how men do things, men do not use full names like that, especially not drunk young men, one of which I was for many years. I do not think I ever heard a guy call another guy by his full name, ever.

AND, really in that context, calling a man's junk a "penis"?

Also, not credible.

And yes, I also speak from experience.

Forum List

Back