Illinois Senate- Kirk vs. Duckworth

JoeB131

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2011
Chicago, Chicago, that Toddling Town
This is a tough one for me. I've voted for both of these candidates.

I like Mark Kirk. He's a sensible Republican moderate. I voted for him in 2010 when he ran for Senate in both the Primary and the General.

I also like Tammy Duckworth. Voted for her in 2012 and 2014 for Congress. (I didn't vote for her in 2006 because I was still under a delusion that the GOP gave a shit about working people. Now I know better.)

Both of them have honorable military records. Both have been good on Veteran's Issues.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if either wins.

My reasoning behind voting for Kirk would be that we need to support more Republican Moderates if we want to break the hold the Religious and Libertarian Nuts have on the party.

My reasoning behind voting for Duckworth is that she would be key in the Democrats retaking the Senate. I also have concerns about how much Kirk has lost a step after his stroke a few years ago.

I voted for Duckworth in 2012 because Joe Walsh was a crazy idiot and kind of a disgrace. Take some time to listen to his show on WIND some time.
He's quirky for sure, but hardly a crazy idiot. I'd met him on a couple occasions in his D.C. office. He knows his shit.

No, actually, the guy is crazier than Batshit. And for all the smack he talks about "Family Values", his ex-wife had to drag him KICKING AND SCREAMING to pay his child support.

I voted for Duckworth in 2012 because Joe Walsh was a crazy idiot and kind of a disgrace. Take some time to listen to his show on WIND some time.
He's quirky for sure, but hardly a crazy idiot. I'd met him on a couple occasions in his D.C. office. He knows his shit.

No, actually, the guy is crazier than Batshit. And for all the smack he talks about "Family Values", his ex-wife had to drag him KICKING AND SCREAMING to pay his child support.
So what. That's it? :dunno:

Here, have one on me... :slap:

“My reasoning behind voting for Kirk would be that we need to support more Republican Moderates if we want to break the hold the Religious and Libertarian Nuts have on the party.”

Understandable.

The problem is the moderates don't seem very interested in doing anything about those religious and libertarian nuts.

This is a tough one for me. I've voted for both of these candidates.

I like Mark Kirk. He's a sensible Republican moderate. I voted for him in 2010 when he ran for Senate in both the Primary and the General.

I also like Tammy Duckworth. Voted for her in 2012 and 2014 for Congress. (I didn't vote for her in 2006 because I was still under a delusion that the GOP gave a shit about working people. Now I know better.)

Both of them have honorable military records. Both have been good on Veteran's Issues.

I wouldn't be heartbroken if either wins.

My reasoning behind voting for Kirk would be that we need to support more Republican Moderates if we want to break the hold the Religious and Libertarian Nuts have on the party.

My reasoning behind voting for Duckworth is that she would be key in the Democrats retaking the Senate. I also have concerns about how much Kirk has lost a step after his stroke a few years ago.

Kirk's stroke has effected him mentally and physically honestly he should have stepped down a while ago. Yet Duckworth is worse than a guy that is mentally disabled.

I don't think you have much to worry about. Duckworth is going to slaughter Kirk. She will get 70% of the vote

Kirk's stroke has effected him mentally and physically honestly he should have stepped down a while ago. Yet Duckworth is worse than a guy that is mentally disabled.

Because you don't like her politics? Or do you have a real reason.

She got the POS Joe Walsh out of Congress. They should probably give her a medal for that.

Because you don't like her politics? Or do you have a real reason.

She got the POS Joe Walsh out of Congress. They should probably give her a medal for that.
I don't like her politics. As a person she is very honorable and brave.

I guess looking at it objectionably, we could do worse. Like a second Durbin for example.

At least when she defines the rich and raising taxes on the rich she says anyone who makes more than $1 mil a year

Forum List

Back