Illinois gun ban shot down!!

I'm still not clear as to where this could/might/will go. My gut tells me, this being Illinois, the whole thing will be reversed or defeated or so watered down as to render it moot.

What will happen is what happens in New York. The rest of the state will have decent concealed carry laws, and Chicago will enact a law like new york city, where you have to "show cause" to get a concealed carry permit.

Basically in NYC you have to be a cop, a retired cop, or someone who knows someone in the PD to guarantee a carry permit. Everyone else has to go through hoops to get one.

A-ok with me. :thup:

Chicago never really has been a part of Illinois, only when it comes to taxes and legislation.

I'm still not clear as to where this could/might/will go. My gut tells me, this being Illinois, the whole thing will be reversed or defeated or so watered down as to render it moot.

What will happen is what happens in New York. The rest of the state will have decent concealed carry laws, and Chicago will enact a law like new york city, where you have to "show cause" to get a concealed carry permit.

Basically in NYC you have to be a cop, a retired cop, or someone who knows someone in the PD to guarantee a carry permit. Everyone else has to go through hoops to get one.

Chicago never really has been a part of Illinois, only when it comes to taxes and legislation.

Chicago never has really been a part of Illinois?

Damn that public education really didn't do you much good.

I understand that the fifth grade was the toughest four years of your life.

Good move, but won't last in Red Chicago! They have 180 days to craft a concealed carry law, but they will get it overturned by a Comrade in Arms in a black robe!!!

But I am ready to apply for my concealed carry license and have ankle guy picked out!!!

Unclear on the concept...

Try living here for a while, you'll pick up very quickly.

No I understand perfectly. And that was pretty dumb what you said.

No, fucking douche on you people that have put the guns on a pedestal and armed the crazies with weopons that were designed for one purpose only, killing other people.

And the NRA has been a key factor making assault weopons available to the crazies.

Illogical argument. The majority of accidental shootings (which was a liberal myth that pressed upon the youth of America to say accidental shootings are very common based on one fudged study while ignore the countless refuting stories) are done in the home. At this point in time owning a firearm and keeping it in one's home is LEGAL!

I for one have a fingerprint opening safe in my nightstand with a mag light and 9mm Springfield in it. My kids aren't going to get into that thing, unless they cut off my hand and open it!

Strange how this has been so quickly forgotten. Bet the courts remember though.

Yah sure, let's all carry around bondaliers of ammo and M-60's.

Tissue?

41dRSDxEehL.jpg

Since I have used a gun to defend myself, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the putting the guns on a pedestal, and creating a situation where the crazies have free access to some very effective weoponry for cleaning out a crowded theatre or mall.

And Illinois' ban on concealed carry prevents a crazy from cleaning out a crowded theatre or mall?

I guess the criminals didnt get the memo that there was a ban on concealing a handgun, my mistake.

It is the whole psychological schtick of "I'm a tough dude, I have a gun, and I am standing up for the American Way!!!!!" that I object to. And the prevention of sane laws as to what kind of guns should be out here.
As I told Zeke, being a mental patient does not give you expertise in the mental health industry. So stop pretending you're an expert.

What most gun owners are feeling is "I have the means to protect me and my family."

Assholes like you think people should be victims.

No I understand perfectly. And that was pretty dumb what you said.
No, he's right. Illinois is a good state saddled with the leftist shithole Chicago.

Ok. I confess. I just wanted this thread where I could check the ruling. Major implications to possible gun laws.

Well now, events in Conneticut have pretty well changed the landscape since this thread started. There will be new gun laws now.

An assault weopon is a weopon designed for one purpose only. That of killing people in large numbers rapidly. It is a semi or fully automatic, and has a large capacity magazine. It is the favored weopon of crazies when shooting up a mall or school. And, yes, when you put a large capacity clip on a .22 rifle or Browning hunting semi, it is an assault weopon. What is the differance to the victims for a rifle that fires 30 shots in under ten seconds, or one that fires 30 shots in three or four seconds?

My proposals on assault weopons.

1. To buy or have an assault weopon outside your home, you have to have the same license as for a fully automatic weopon. You are caught outside your home with an assault weapon, and no license, the gun is confiscated, you go to jail, and get a felony count on your record.

You sell or give an assault weapon to someone that does not have said license, you both get felony counts on your records.

2. You store your guns irresponsibly, someone takes them and commits a crime with them, you own that crime.

Good to hear. I guess they didnt want criminals going around shooting everyone up!

Forum List

Back